OMNI Plugin v3.0.2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chasers03 View Post
    Mason I know how to do a data/config backup [Tools, Setup, Config, & Backup Config] but how do I make a backup of the HAI Plug In? Or does the Config Backup also include the plug in?
    No, the Config Backup is only for HS Config, events, and devices.*

If you are on windows, you can backup the entire HS folder and you are covered.*

For a Zee or Linux machine, use something like WinSCP to copy the /usr/local/Homeseer folder somewhere safe.*

You can also use BLBackup

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Multi Panel Support

Rob, Ive been busy for a while and was wondering if multi panel support has been built into the plug in? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cazdazoz View Post
        Rob, Ive been busy for a while and was wondering if multi panel support has been built into the plug in? thanks
        I did some analysis on what it would take and it would take quite a bit of work to support multi panels per plugin instance. I dont have it on the timeline at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          First and foremost, make a backup.
          Disable the HAI plugin, then load the OMNI plugin from the updater.
          You will also need your license code

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
          I am getting this "Error saving the downloaded file: error" after clicking on the "download and install button" after repeated this process am finally showing "Downloading Update--Omni" It has been 30 minutes and still saying this so how long does it take?

Also where do I find and use the license number??

Was unable to find any HS file in windows to back up? Only able to do config backup.

Comment

still saying this so how long does it take?

Less than a minute unless HS is having an issue with their servers.

You request the license number with your purchase and then register the plugin with the license number and password to it.

IE: Homeseer 3 GUI ==> plugins ==> manage ==> License (click to change)

The debug file is under logs\OMNI or Logs\OMNI and should look identical to the GUI display of the OMNI log file.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am getting this "Error saving the downloaded file: error" after clicking on the "download and install button" after repeated this process am finally showing "Downloading Update--Omni" It has been 30 minutes and still saying this so how long does it take?

Also where do I find and use the license number??

Was unable to find any HS file in windows to back up? Only able to do config backup.

Like Pete said, downloading the plugin shouldnt take long. There must be something up with your internet connection to take that long. Try restarting your HS server.
              HST would have sent you a license code via email if you purchased the license.
              If you are running as a trial, there is no license, just a 30d trial.
              Backing up is as simple as copying the entire HomeSeer folder to a safe location.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                still saying this so how long does it take?

Less than a minute unless HS is having an issue with their servers.

You request the license number with your purchase and then register the plugin with the license number and password to it.

IE: Homeseer 3 GUI ==> plugins ==> manage ==> License (click to change)

The debug file is under logs\OMNI or Logs\OMNI and should look identical to the GUI display of the OMNI log file.
                When I click on buy now it wants to charge my cc in the process with no mention of license number????? non intuitive to me. So I just try to upload it & it gives me that message of "Error saving the downloaded file: error"

FYI I already have 3.0.1.27...

Comment

Like Pete said, downloading the plugin shouldnt take long. There must be something up with your internet connection to take that long. Try restarting your HS server.
                  HST would have sent you a license code via email if you purchased the license.
                  If you are running as a trial, there is no license, just a 30d trial.

Backing up is as simple as copying the entire HomeSeer folder to a safe location.
                  Rob there is no Homeseer folder on my computer. It runs off of the address http://192.168.1.117

I found the license number given to me in a Jan. Email. but find no place to use it in the order process.??

Comment

When I click on buy now it wants to charge my cc in the process with no mention of license number????? non intuitive to me. So I just try to upload it & it gives me that message of "Error saving the downloaded file: error"

Yeah, HST will send you the license via email after the purchase.
                    Note that you dont need to purchase it to trial the plugin - you get 30d to kick the tires...

For installing the plugin, click the Update Listing button and allow it to download the updates - it might take a minute or so. Once that finished, find the plugin under the Security section and tick the checkbox next to the OMNI plugin. Scroll back up and click "Download and Install"

Comment

This is the older beta HAI named plugin.

The new 3.0.2.4 plugin is labeled Omni. I am thinking you see this.

I just did a refresh and the plug ins took a bit of time to refresh...

Yes might be easier just to go to the Homeseer store and purchase the plugin that way.

You will get an email invoice then.

When you click on this box then you will see it above to download and install.

Bottom box to check

[ATTACH]64067[/ATTACH]

Top box to download and install.
                      [ATTACH]64068[/ATTACH]

Are you writing that the download and install button is not working for you?
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yeah, HST will send you the license via email after the purchase.
                        Note that you dont need to purchase it to trial the plugin - you get 30d to kick the tires...

For installing the plugin, click the Update Listing button and allow it to download the updates - it might take a minute or so. Once that finished, find the plugin under the Security section and tick the checkbox next to the OMNI plugin. Scroll back up and click "Download and Install"
                        So I will have to purchase the Omni version even though I purchased the former and have a license number, correct? I thought I could use the license number like a coupon to eliminate paying again??

I did as you say and after clicking Download and Install it says "Error saving the downloaded file: error" no matter how many times I refresh , start over, reload.

Comment

This is the older beta HAI named plugin.

The new 3.0.2.4 plugin is labeled Omni. I am thinking you see this.

I just did a refresh and the plug ins took a bit of time to refresh...

Yes might be easier just to go to the Homeseer store and purchase the plugin that way.

You will get an email invoice then.

When you click on this box then you will see it above to download and install.

Bottom box to check

[ATTACH]64067[/ATTACH]

Top box to download and install.
                          [ATTACH]64068[/ATTACH]

Are you writing that the download and install button is not working for you?
                          YES!! All I get is "Error saving the downloaded file: error"

Comment

@Stephen

Yes you own it. Just write to Homeseer support and provide them with your HAI license and they will give you an Omni License.

Something is going on with the download as it should save the update to the Homeseer directory.

Have you been able to install other plugins?

Run Homeseer in Windows Admin mode and try the download again.

BTW thinking you mentioned you are running Homeseer 3 in Windows 10.

Are you running Homeseer in Windows 10 64 bit mode?

Can you or have you been able to update Homeseer or any plugins?
                            Last edited by Pete; October 26, 2017, 02:17 AM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Now I am seeing this for the last 30 minutes plus "Downloading update: OMNI" ????? My internet connection is very good and I am browsing without any trouble.

When refreshing add on's/updating I see this also "

An item in the Updater is temporarily unavailable: Error getting response stream (ReadDone2): ReceiveFailure"

HS folks must have a server problem.

Comment

@Stephen

Yes you own it. Just write to Homeseer support and provide them with your HAI license and they will give you an Omni License.

Something is going on with the download as it should save the update to the Homeseer directory.

Have you been able to install other plugins?

Run Homeseer in Windows Admin mode and try the download again.

BTW thinking you mentioned you are running Homeseer 3 in Windows 10.

Are you running Homeseer in Windows 10 64 bit mode?

Can you or have you been able to update Homeseer or any plugins?
                                Also tried BLRing update and got the same message.

I updated the S2 2 weeks ago and needed the support folks to get it fixed as they had a corrupted update now running Current version is: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368 successfully.

Am using my Mac now as it is much faster and reliable

Have asked the <table class="ajC" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr class="ajv"><td colspan="2" class="gG">
                                </td><td colspan="2" class="gL">licensing@homeseer.com</td></tr></tbody></table>with my current license no. about getting the Omni Update waiting for a response.

Thanks Pete I am now off to Atlanta so won't be working on this again until Sunday....

Comment

Working...
                                X