Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xapmcsCID XAP / CID / ACID / NetCallerID / Modem / HSPhone / Outlook xAP Node

This is an application to process CallerID from a modem or NetCallerID serial interface and route it using xAP and ACID protocols. It uses TELCO, Homseer Phone, and Flat File phonebook sources, as available, to improve the recognition of CID information. As an xap application, it is by nature, runable on any set of computers on a LAN. Multiple instances can be run on the same of distributed PCs to handle multiple serial phone line connections.

While it is a fully functional application, it is primarily introduced for those who have an interest in using xap as an element of their home automation.

The documentation and zip file are contained in the same document attachment.

PR 1 V1.2.0 Added Microsoft Outlook Contacts to Phonebook Lookup
    PR 2 v1.2.1 Wrong file posted
    PR 3 v1.3.8 Modem Init String not sent
    PR 4 v1.4.0 Added option to remove leading "1" in number
    PR 5 v1.4.1 Formatted Message.Display CID for compatibiilty with xapMCE
    PR 6 v1.5.0 Added Area Code and Internet lookup
    PR 7 V1.5.1 Added Simulated Call button on Setup
    PR 8 V1.5.3 Get intenet reverse lookup without advertisement popups
    PR 9 V1.5.4 User-selectable xAP messages on CID received
    PR10 V1.5.5 Dont filter xap output when received cid.incoming
    PR11 V1.5.6 Allow user selection of voice call prefix
    PR12 V1.5.6 Allow user enable/disable address book source suffix
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Michael McSharry; January 19, 2007, 12:38 PM.

i dont see any zip files
    ?
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

They are at the bottom of the Word File

Kevin

Comment

can soemone post them seperatly here? word crashes every time i try to extract them out
        detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

With the new board more than 1 attachment is allowed. I added it as a second one.

Comment

thanks

I have installed the caller Id.exe and configiurewd it to com 8, and in setup i have selected CID Devive code to be z34 the port is 480,n,8,1

if i select serial comm from the menu i see the raw caller id data come in but i fonr see the status of z34 toggle at all

what am i doing wrong? is there another pluging needed for homeseer?

Comment

Yes, it is the xap plugin and with it you have the interface to a number of other xap applications and steped into a distributed HA architecture.

Comment

well throw me a bone here. WHERE is it? I must have had too much egnog cause I cant find it in updater or on the boards

Comment

There is a 3rd party forum on this board for the xap plugin. I believe the installer for it is at http://www.mi4.biz. The plugin has the ability to download xap schema of which CID.Incomming is well established. If it does not recognize this schema then I can update my CID app to deliver the CID info as part of the Basic Status and Control in the device string which I know is being being pushed now for interoperabilty.

Comment

And if you are running two or more xAP apps on the same machine you should install the hub. goto

http://www.xapframework.net/

Kevin

Comment

There are some guidelines to installing the xAP plugin here

http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=...tegories&cid=5

HTH
                      Kevin

Comment

Comment

that sure looks like the data at trhe wrong baud rate

the netcaller id sends at 4800,8,n,1

Comment

That was my first thought, I wasn't sure what the NetCallerID was using but I tried several. I tried 4800 again and no luck, thanks though.

SteveD

Comment

I concur that your problem is at the port level. The characters are just not framed correctly which is usually settings problems with the baud rate the most likely.

My setup page is attached. The UID is as you expected the UID field of the xap header. The source segment will correspond to the phone line number or name and it will become part to the xap node's source addrress.

Below shows the source for a blank and "Line1" entries respectively.

mcs.CID.MCS5
                              mcs.CID.Line1.MCS5

I will connect my NetCallerID unit up to a direct COM port rather than an IP to confirm the setting are properly being sent to the local port.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X