Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Aaron19953, yeah, I love your interface. As you can tell, I like efficient minimalist interface designs.

I agree, HSTouch would feel more like an app and updates would show immediately (without refreshing the page). I am not the biggest fan of this design because there isn't a lot of eye candy. But I picked it because I use this interface more of an informational dashboard than a control panel. So want the critical info showing without clicking and since info Audrey wants me to see is "turned on" (brighter), I can immediately focus on it.

In the next version, I would like important tiles to bubble to the top and mostly built automatically. Would also like to add some more design elements to make it prettier as long as it still scales to screen size.

Funny thing is that I first started this look and feel with my Lifestream (http://digitallifediaries.com/2013/w...estream-thing/) and wanted to continue the theme.

Originally posted by Aaron19953 View Post
    @leerogers I'm completely with designing for the web.. It would be so much easier just to do the web thing.. If I didn't know photoshop and illustrator it's probably the direction I would have went first. HSTouch gives you just enough features to make it worth your while, but smacks you in the face for everything else. I figured if anyone you'd appreciate my layout Audrey is quite nice, although I'm not a huge windows tile fan, it seems to work quite good for homeseer activities.

The one up side to designing in HSTouch is the amount of creativity used to trick the program to do exactly what I want it to do.

Comment

Remote control for matrix tv, cable, oplay, mediacenter, music and others

Interface for light etc...

Comment

Recently upgraded my tablets to a couple of Kindle Fire HD 7". With that comes the luxury of a much higher screen resolution than my current devices not to mention a much snappier response time.

This is still very much a work in progress but starting to shape up how I want it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Home.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	1240982

The graph I intend to have with a transparent background but can't do this until I can find a way to render it with a non black axis/grid/legend.

Name:	Lighting.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1240979

Name:	Camera.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1240980

Name:	Location.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	1240981
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ShimmerNZ; January 7, 2014, 05:14 PM. Reason: updated images

Comment

Looks great. I like the color theme.
          Are you using the alignment tools in Designer?
          HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

I am though at times the tool drives me insane. Took me a while to figure out the spacing function was based on the position of the two outer most elements which I guess is logical. It's a shame you can't select multiple rows/columns with the same number of elements and it space them evenly. Seems to only work with a single row or column

I've also found that even though on the designer everything is positioned ok, when it's rendered on the device text elements aren't always aligned the same.

Comment

Yeah with text elements I always throw them up there then adjust based on the appearance on the touchscreen. Like you said it's always a bit off. Also make sure to use fonts with designer that have on the touch device. With some devices you don't have a choice and that's where the adjustments come into play.

Here I finally got around to installing my 15" Elo touchscreen...very pleased with the finished look.
              HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

@Mario23
                that looks absolutely stunning !

Can you post some pictures from the side to see how it is mounted ?

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                  @Mario23
                  that looks absolutely stunning !

Can you post some pictures from the side to see how it is mounted ?
                  Agreed, that is beautiful! Had to google it and may have to do the same.
                  http://www.touchwindow.com/c/ELO-154...en.html#Prices

Is it DVI and USB connected back to your homeseer box? Looks like a difficult fit for me. I think my home was only wired VGA, and my homeseer PC is also does double duty as a hometheater box. Ill have to figure something out...that looks way better than bolting an ipad to the way.

Comment

Thanks guys I'll take some pics later when its light.

It has DVI and VGA so either would work. It also requires a USB and power ran to it. It's just under 2" in depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post

Here I finally got around to installing my 15" Elo touchscreen...very pleased with the finished look.
                      Looks great Mario. Did that require a big hole in the wall?

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                      HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                      2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                      USB UIRT
                      Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                      WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                      HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                      HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                      2GIG Thermostat
                      BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                      BLUPS
                      UltraLog (SQL2008)
                      Jon00 Plugins
                      Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                      Global Cache IP2IR
                      Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Yes Mario that looks great.
                        sigpic
                        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

What's the exact model no for that screen?

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                          HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                          2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                          USB UIRT
                          Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                          WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                          HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                          HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                          2GIG Thermostat
                          BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                          BLUPS
                          UltraLog (SQL2008)
                          Jon00 Plugins
                          Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                          Global Cache IP2IR
                          Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Its the Elo 1541L. I found it on sale for around $300 about a month ago.
                            I've seen since on Newegg for around $450 but I think it can be found for less.
                            I did have to buy the black bezel seperately.
                            The wall cutout was about 15" by 8.5".

It is Vesa compatible too if that's prefered.

Comment

That looks very nice! Great graphic design!

Comment

Its the Elo 1541L. I found it on sale for around $300 about a month ago.
                                I've seen since on Newegg for around $450 but I think it can be found for less.
                                I did have to buy the black bezel seperately.
                                The wall cutout was about 15" by 8.5".

It is Vesa compatible too if that's prefered.
                                What are you using to run the client?

Comment

Working...
                                X