This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes stopped working after Apple iTunes 11 Update

Has anyone experiences the iTunes Plugin failing after iTunes updated to V11?

I had iTunes working when it was iTunes Ver 10. This week iTunes released V11 and I did that update and now I get the following Errors and warnings:

I am using iTunes PlugIn Ver: 2.5.0.13

(iTunes is running before HomeSeer HSPro starts up)

iTunes Error initializing iTunes, either iTunes is not installed or the iTunes Player application is not running.

(Then HSPro start up hangs for a couple minutes before showing the following Warnings)

12/2/2012 8:38:07 AM Warning Event iTunes iTunes Playlist VR has an empty voice recognition phrase (), this phrase is being ignored. Either disable this event for voice recognition or edit the recognition phrase. If using a music plugin, your music library may be empty.

12/2/2012 8:38:07 AM Warning Event iTunes iTunes Genre VR has an empty voice recognition phrase (), this phrase is being ignored. Either disable this event for voice recognition or edit the recognition phrase. If using a music plugin, your music library may be empty.

12/2/2012 8:38:07 AM Warning Event iTunes iTunes Album VR has an empty voice recognition phrase (), this phrase is being ignored. Either disable this event for voice recognition or edit the recognition phrase. If using a music plugin, your music library may be empty.
    12/2/2012 8:38:07 AM Warning Event iTunes iTunes Controls VR has a duplicate voice recognition phrase to another event

12/2/2012 8:38:07 AM Warning Event iTunes iTunes Controls VR this event's voice recognition phrase is not active.

12/2/2012 8:38:07 AM Warning Event iTunes iTunes Artist VR has an empty voice recognition phrase (), this phrase is being ignored. Either disable this event for voice recognition or edit the recognition phrase. If using a music plugin, your music library may be empty.

(Then ever couple minutes this Error is repeated.)

12/2/2012 8:40:37 AM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state

I have looked for any open windows waiting for input that might be hidden and did not find any.

Posting this to see if anyone has seen this and resolved the errors.

Thank You;

For your HomeSeer server there's nothing to be gained in upgrading your iTunes version as the plugin would have to be upgraded to work with the latest version. So stick with the version you had. The good news is the iTunes plugin will be upgraded for HomeSeer 3 in the next year.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

So what about somebody like myself, who installed both iTunes 11 and plugin for the first time, to discover that nothing works? Also, I use iTunes match, so having version 11 is desired since 10.x crashed a lot. Anybody out there working with version 11 or do I wait for the magical HS3 that may come out one year and solve all the problems? I've been in software all my life and honestly realize that waiting for a future version to solve all issues is not a good plan. I would rather spend my effort looking for a solution to get the version I paid for, working with a plug-in that exists today.

Comment

Update: installed iTunes 10.7. Same thing, can't get anything to work. Sees playlists, sees artists and songs (all in iTunes match, nothing physically on pc). Clicking anything to be played either does nothing in iTunes or gets iTunes to play a completely random song. Funny thing is that i use the COM interface in another custom app and all of this stuff works. What am I doing wrong with this plug-in? Is 10.7 too new, should I be going back or is this likely an iTunes match issues somehow?

Comment

So there is no fix?

I am hearing that this will not be fixed? What version should I be using?

Seems a little crazy that my system cannot use a more recent version of iTunes
          Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
          http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Comment

Can you guys put in help desk tickets on this issue.

Comment

Not sure how to. I have been out of the automation loop for a few years, but it seems like I need a password to do it. My regular one does not. Is there no way to submit a bug ticket without paying premium support?
              Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
              http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Comment

Originally posted by ldragon99 View Post
                Not sure how to. I have been out of the automation loop for a few years, but it seems like I need a password to do it. My regular one does not. Is there no way to submit a bug ticket without paying premium support?
                Yes, look up and locate the Blue support link. Choose report a bug. Create a new account as the help desk is a separate system from the message board and uses a different account.

Comment

Which version of iTunes is supported by this plug-in? I'm building a new HS server and need to know which version to install.

Thanks
                  CJ

Comment

Working...
                  X