No announcement yet.

First Alert ZCOMBO-G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I get an alarm heartbeat every 60+ minutes. I have a series of events that I think I copied from Mark that monitor for the heartbeat and notify if it hasn't arrived in 70 mins from the last one. I have another event that monitors all statuses except heartbeat and sends urgent alerts.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks... I guess I'll need to blow these away and start again. They were imported from my Z-troller as I was migrating over to HS3. Aside from that, I can't figure out why they only update the battery and not the heartbeat.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        Thanks... I guess I'll need to blow these away and start again. They were imported from my Z-troller as I was migrating over to HS3. Aside from that, I can't figure out why they only update the battery and not the heartbeat.
        I didn't have this when I migrated from the Z-Troller to the Z-Net, so it was added direct to the Z-Net.
        cheeryfool

Comment

So how do you delete these things. Again, my heartbeat isn't updating. So I thought I'd try to remove and re-add. So I went into the Z-net and tried to perform an exclude. I opened the battery compartment and closed it several times but in the exclude status window, it never gets removed.
          I realize the device reports back when the battery drawer is opened/closed, but nothing here...

What's the best way to manage these?

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Seems I remember you have to hold the button down while you close the battery drawer. Do you have the spec sheet?
            Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
            | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
            Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
            BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Thanks... that did it. However, re-adding one of them like 24 hours ago didn't cause any more heartbeat pings since then. When I had the same smoke detectors with HS2, heartbeat would occur about every hour.
              Is the heartbeat device status suppose to update on HS3?

Robert

Comment

I too am experiencing this heartbeat issue...

Just purchased my first ZCOMBO-G, date code on the back says Jan-2016.

When it first links (creating the node), the heartbeat and battery post their state.

Then, nothing else.... and I've waited over 48 hours now, as well, trying a few things.

If I push the test button, it causes a battery level to be updated, the Notification is logged correctly, then whenever the heart beat would have happened, it happens - ONCE... then never again:
                Jun-09 12:46:55 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 3 Z-Wave Notification Set to Notification ON for Type 13, Level 255
                Jun-09 12:41:56 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 3 Z-Wave Battery Set to 98
                Jun-09 12:41:56 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 3 Z-Wave Notification Set to Notification OFF for Type 12
                Jun-09 12:41:39 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 3 Z-Wave Notification Set to Notification ON for Type 12, Level 255

I removed the device from the node... then re-added it.

Exactly the same response.

So in my case, I get one initial heartbeat and one battery update, then nothing else.

However, the unit will send codes I'm sure if it were to alarm (although it seems we do this work when everyone is sleeping, so I can't yet confirm that).

Screen cap of Node info below.

What gives??
                Attached Files

Comment

Just to add I also don't get a heart beat update with either of my two z-combos.

Also one of mine was beeping low battery the other day and homeseer showed 70% on that unit. After changing it went back to 100% but they don't seem to be working right in more ways then one right now.

Comment

Here we get a heartbeat and battery update every day. I will admit we had to delete and add it back a few times.
                    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                      Just to add I also don't get a heart beat update with either of my two z-combos.

Also one of mine was beeping low battery the other day and homeseer showed 70% on that unit. After changing it went back to 100% but they don't seem to be working right in more ways then one right now.
                      The battery issue is a known issue. Mine usually starts beeping around 78%.

As far as heartbeat is concerned, you need to implement the event Mark outlined here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=174570&page=2 post #40. I just created the second event - I don't care to be notified if it doesn't occur...
                      After coming from HS2, I had the same issue. I figure HS3 does things a bit different than HS2 in this respect.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                        As far as heartbeat is concerned, you need to implement the event Mark outlined here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=174570&page=2 post #40. I just created the second event - I don't care to be notified if it doesn't occur...
                        After coming from HS2, I had the same issue. I figure HS3 does things a bit different than HS2 in this respect.

Robert
                        So hearbeat child doesn't work is what your saying?
                        And creating the 2nd event on that post only setups a timer.
                        What do you have the timer doing? Why create that timer if your not going to attach it (use it on) to something?

I'm also unsure how that timer works if we are not receiving heartbeats as the timer should fail asap unless the child is receiving them and just not updating the last changed time. if that's the case shouldn't the event just be modified to update the last changed time when it receives the heartbeat?

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                          So hearbeat child doesn't work is what your saying?
                          And creating the 2nd event on that post only setups a timer.
                          What do you have the timer doing? Why create that timer if your not going to attach it (use it on) to something?

I'm also unsure how that timer works if we are not receiving heartbeats as the timer should fail asap unless the child is receiving them and just not updating the last changed time. if that's the case shouldn't the event just be modified to update the last changed time when it receives the heartbeat?
                          I have a pair of events that alert me via Pushover if a heartbeat hasn't been received within 70 mins. When the heartbeat is received it resets the timer and awaits for the next heartbeat. This is what Mark described way below. The only time I get alerts so far is if my HS3 machine has been re-booted and got out of sync. It clears after one alert in that situation.

I have a separate event that alerts me for all other statuses - e.g. the ones that might save your house from burning down or you suffering from CO poisoning.

IF ZCombo - Notification was set and has a value that is not equal to Alarm Heartbeat
                          THEN Alert
                          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                            I have a pair of events that alert me via Pushover if a heartbeat hasn't been received within 70 mins. When the heartbeat is received it resets the timer and awaits for the next heartbeat. This is what Mark described way below. The only time I get alerts so far is if my HS3 machine has been re-booted and got out of sync. It clears after one alert in that situation.

I have a separate event that alerts me for all other statuses - e.g. the ones that might save your house from burning down or you suffering from CO poisoning.

IF ZCombo - Notification was set and has a value that is not equal to Alarm Heartbeat
                            THEN Alert
                            I understand that. But read his post. He said he only makes the timer and doesn't setup and thats it. Which doesnt seem to make sense.

This also only works if your actually reciving a heartbeat from the unit which sounds like people are, but its just not updating the "last chaged" time.

Comment

I've learned in life, if someone keeps telling you to do something, they may actually know the answer

So, just as confused as to why this would make a difference, I went ahead and made an event to restart a timer if the device's notification register was updated with "heartbeat".

BLOW ME DOWN ... yup, now I get an updated time stamp for the notification/heatbeat in the device list - which for me appears to be every 66:24... obviously a free running crystal with no way to sync to human clocks.

I made a similar timer for the battery value to see if that would also be updated hourly, but I guess not. Assume this will update only when the battery value drops by 1%? (will keep this running to see also).

Because curious minds like to know why things are the way they are.... can someone explain how adding this Event makes the difference? As this is not the case with any other device I've seen.

I had also turned on "log poll and wake-up messages" for my controller to see if that would have captured the actual chatter coming from this device ... but negative there.

Ultimately - THANK YOU.

but I'm still curious to know why...

Comment

Availability in Canada

These units still seem to be unavailable in Canada. There's no particular regulatory reason for this. I'd checked with the local fire department before purchasing my first unit and was told it was just fine with the UL approval.

Wanted to buy one last week from The HS Store, but it was out of stock.
                                I logged in to Amazon.COM (not amazon.ca) and was able to find the Z-Combo available for $44.97 US and ordered it. Final cost was about half what I ended up paying by having my first one purchased at Lowes and brought across the border, then mailed to me. The package arrived on Friday (very quick). Just ordered a third one to complete my collection.

For the record, I'm still using HS2 and have been able to fully use these successfully using a small script to interpret the responses from the Z-combo. In case anyone still uses the script I originally wrote, it did require a bit of tweaking to support multiple detectors. I can supply an update if necessary.
                                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
                                X