This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post

Dehumidify Setpoint is 55% RH but the PI shows 106 (Curved offset of about 45-47 Numerically)

Humidify Setpoint is 25% RH but the PI shows 72 (Curved offset of about 45-47 Numerically)
    Those values are Omnitemp values that I am not converting. That is an easy fix.
    Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
    Alarm Area Mode - When an external source changes the mode of the alarm system, the HS3 Device changes appropriately. When you use the Device List drop down (Assuming all zones are secure), it works as expected. However when a zone is "Not Ready" and you use Arm the system using the HS3 Device method, the status changes to whatever you tried to set the alarm to in HS3 but it remains disarmed on the actual panel because of the zone issue. Concerns here are that a system could appear to be armed in HS3 when the system is actually disarmed. Also, my announcements and Push Messages are sent based on an invalid actual system state. I expect this would not be noticed if someone uses the auto-bypass mode for zones that are "Not Ready" when arming. Can this be fixed or should there be another device called something like "System Status" as a Status Device that is a representation of what the OMNI Panel is reporting so it is accurate, leaving the drop-down as a Control item only?
    Creating a new device is would be tricky. It might be as simple as the order in which I am sending the commands. Let me take a look at it.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

@Rob,

BTW...just noticed that the old HS2 plugin was called HAI_System. I never saw it on a ancillary HS2 license list. (thinking it was just included with HS2 Pro at the time?)

Am I supposed to see the Omni Plugin like so in the license list?

HAI System Plugin
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yeah, the HS2 HAI plugin was included back then.

Under the Security section, you will see the OMNI plugin.
        All references to HAI are gone:
        Attached Files

Comment

Understood, downloaded and updated to the Omni Plugin via that link you show. No issues here with the update.

What I was writing about is that in the license list I got from the Homeseer request of licenses just shows an HAI System Plugin license code and no mention of an Omni License code.

Shouldn't the name of the license be the same as the plugin? Or is this the old purchase name?

In the Homeseer store it is listed as OMNI Software Plug-in for HS3.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Understood, downloaded and updated to the Omni Plugin via that link you show. No issues here with the update.

What I was writing about is that in the license list I got from the Homeseer request of licenses just shows an HAI System Plugin license code and no mention of an Omni License code.

Shouldn't the name of the license be the same as the plugin? Or is this the old purchase name?

In the Homeseer store it is listed as OMNI Software Plug-in for HS3.
            Ah, I see what you are saying now.

Matt at HomeSeer said it is still listed as HAI on the backend but the license is issued for OMNI so it works. I just tried mine here.

I'll let them know the license list needs to be updated.

Comment

Ahhh...

Yes the HAI license code here just a few minutes ago is giving me the same error as above.....

Registration failed: XXXX : Error registering license: License does not match product ,haiomnistat,->,omni,
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Ahhh...

Yes the HAI license code here just a few minutes ago is giving me the same error as above.....

Registration failed: XXXX : Error registering license: License does not match product ,haiomnistat,->,omni,
                yeah, email support@homeseer.com for that. Matt or Tyler should be able to help.

Comment

Thank you Rob.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    Those values are Omnitemp values that I am not converting. That is an easy fix.
                    Awesome...Thanks!
                    Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    Creating a new device is would be tricky. It might be as simple as the order in which I am sending the commands. Let me take a look at it.
                    Ok. This has to work 100% accurately whatever the solution is. When I leave my kids at my house alone I will often arm the system remotely. I need to know they are at least protected by the dogs and a confirmed alarm state. I guess for now I will just use the Snap Link iOS App to arm/disarm remotely. Thanks as always for plugging along with this stuff.

-Travis

Comment

I'll get it sorted as soon as this rename is stable.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

@Rob,

Tyler responded that what I see is the Homeseer 2 HAI license in the license list. I then checked on an old email from 2015 and same HAI license is there. I never used it though because I think it was included at the time that I had updated to HS2 Pro 2.5.

So gave Tyler the original list that I provided to Mark/Rich and yourself of contributors in 2013 in last week's email.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

@Rob,

Tyler responded that what I see is the Homeseer 2 HAI license in the license list. I then checked on an old email from 2015 and same HAI license is there. I never used it though because I think it was included at the time that I had updated to HS2 Pro 2.5.

So gave Tyler the original list that I provided to Mark/Rich and yourself of contributors in 2013 in last week's email.
                          Thanks Pete!

Comment

BTW working on one contributor set up with two OP2 panels except that older panel is only a serial OP2 panels from the 1990's and still probably going to use HS2 (or Hometroller maybe) or a serial VPN tunnel to his main house connected to HS2 of old. (he has two HS3 licenses at this time). Well that and he is also using software before Homeseer (HCS?) that Tink helped him set up in the 1990's.

You can still purchase an Omni serial to IP server for the panel.

Just a rant here...

It is understood here that both the Elk and the Leviton panel are old and old technology. That said they were the first folks relating to combining security and automation panels and there is nothing today that matches what these two panels can do relating to both security and automation. I consider the Leviton panel just an oversized controller today as it is doing X10, UPB, ZWave and Zigbee. Leviton though is starting to move very slowly to a cloud based device....keeping the Omni name and introducing Lumina RF Eco-System with some modernizations...and this will provide them with reoccurring Leviton revenue's...

The Lumina device though is just an automation controller but looks like they are putting security features in it (all wireless). They are pushing it as a multilocation scalable automation controller (and do not mention the word security but reading the description it is a combo automation and security device)

The affordable Lumina Gateway features scheduling event logic, up to 40 connected wireless two-way sensors and load control, free email or SMS text notification based on event, free apps for remote access, and free software for setup. Additionally, Leviton Cloud Service was created for the professional installer as a method to both facilitate user-friendly system connections, proper installation, and secure encrypted communication. Leviton’s powerful Lumina RF family ensures energy savings in new construction and retrofit, utilizing wireless sensors and devices to control temperatures, lamps, fans, pumps and third-party window coverings. The Gateway itself functions as an energy management coordinator allowing automation of loads and control of multiple properties from smartphone apps.

• Features Lumina RF wireless technology, a 2.4GHz mesh network with a proven track record in light commercial applications for distance and reliability.
                            • Centralized timing functions make load scheduling simple for signage and other important facets of the business.
                            • Choose from wireless sensors to enable open/close, motion or occupancy based events.
                            • Notify the property owner or manager when an event has occurred on the property.
                            • Free Lumina Mobile apps for Android and iOS devices.
                            • Leviton Cloud Service is a core component, as it is utilized by integrators to download installation software, register project, and connect app to Gateway with user credentials.
                            • Leviton Part Number: LU741

BTW Rob, your Omni Plugin writing and support of the Omni panels is the needed boost right now for Leviton and the their Omni Panels. Leviton will never build an Omni Pro 3 panel and the only way to integrate the OmniPro 2 panel use today is via software AND having Homeseer (19 year old automation software company) continue to support the Omni panels is a boost for Homeseer initial adoptees of Homeseer 1 integration to the OmniPro panels (brought to Homeseer by Tink who came from HAI and started to work for Homeseer way long time ago)
                            Last edited by Pete; August 9, 2017, 08:40 PM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Some caveats

Hi, Guys:
                              Just installed the upgrade in an effort to cure the maddening "no notice" disconnects I've been experiencing, and continue to enjoy Alexa > Homeseer > Omni control of our house.

Everything generally went fine with the install, except for these issues:

1. The new OMNI Buttons now use RUN instead of EXECUTE, which disabled all events in which they were called. Going back through them all was a bit tedious, but fixed things there.

2. Originally, Alexa recognized the HAI Buttons as devices during Discovery, and would operate them without modification (except simplifying the name, perhaps). This is not true with the new OMNI Buttons: Alexa doesn't recognize them. A virtual ON/OFF device must now be created to call the OMNI Button. Eminently workable, and perhaps even organizationally preferable, but a pain nonetheless.

Still, if the mystery disconnect issue is cured, I'm a happy camper.
                              Cheers.

--Tony

Comment

Originally posted by awvidmer View Post
                                Hi, Guys:
                                Just installed the upgrade in an effort to cure the maddening "no notice" disconnects I've been experiencing, and continue to enjoy Alexa > Homeseer > Omni control of our house.

Everything generally went fine with the install, except for these issues:

1. The new OMNI Buttons now use RUN instead of EXECUTE, which disabled all events in which they were called. Going back through them all was a bit tedious, but fixed things there.

2. Originally, Alexa recognized the HAI Buttons as devices during Discovery, and would operate them without modification (except simplifying the name, perhaps). This is not true with the new OMNI Buttons: Alexa doesn't recognize them. A virtual ON/OFF device must now be created to call the OMNI Button. Eminently workable, and perhaps even organizationally preferable, but a pain nonetheless.

Still, if the mystery disconnect issue is cured, I'm a happy camper.
                                Cheers.

--Tony
                                Thats interesting. Another user said Alexa worked better with the button renamed to "Run" instead of "Execute". I never would have thought changing the text of the button would impact things.

The virtual device workaround is much better, IMHO. I use it for just about everything controlled by Alexa.

Comment

Working...
                                X