Virtual Thermostat - Smart Home Skill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Thermostat - Smart Home Skill

A little late to the Echo party but I decided that I should give it a go, I use the smart home skill for ease but I would like to get my thermostats working. I don't have a real thermostat but instead have a number of other devices and scripts that mimic a thermostat and control is afforded through HS.

I've created two new devices as per the SDK that says that the root device is what Alexa looks for (in terms of name) and then it looks for a child device that has the control use pair set to heat set point to control the device. I've set the device type API on the root device to a thermostat and on the child device to a set point which the SDK seems to suggest is needed.

I've rediscovered devices in Alexa and the thermostat devices show up however when I issue a command it simply says 'the thermostat does not respond'. The device does not change either - does anyone know what I am missing here? It is not a plugin and hopefully I don't need to have it be one.

Bit of a shameless bump but has any third party developer got thermostat integration working with the connected home skill? I've tried also with a plugin of mine now that has both a root device and a set point device, the device type API has also been set to thermostat.

It must recognise it's presence because discovery finds it, all I get is 'xxxxx thermostat is not responding' and nothing happens with the device.

Comment

Adam, I got mine working, but it was not without a LOT of work + trial/error.
      As you have found, there is little to no documentation on how to set it up.

That said, I documented what commands work here:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=189837

If you need the specific control use voodoo for the setpoints, email me offline at:
      robmasonjr67 at yahoo dot com
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        Adam, I got mine working, but it was not without a LOT of work + trial/error.
        As you have found, there is little to no documentation on how to set it up.

That said, I documented what commands work here:
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=189837

If you need the specific control use voodoo for the setpoints, email me offline at:
        robmasonjr67 at yahoo dot com
        Thanks Rob, will drop you an email as I've just tried something else and it still does not work..I'm sure it is something simple!

Comment

Working...
        X