This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Output X10 Command

I think I'm getting brain dead in my old age. Hopefully, I'm just having a conceptual problem here. What I'm trying to do with Homeseer is turn on a stereo with voice command. I have a Houselinc, IR control and Plato software installed in the same machine as Homeseer. I've set up the Houselinc to run a command group when it sees the X10 command G3(on). This command group turns the stereo on with the appropriate IR commands. When I try this by pushing G3(on) from a keypad controller, it works fine. Trying to duplicate this with an event (voice controlled) from Homeseer. I set up a device (keypad) with X10 unit code G3. When I set up an event with voice recognition, to turn G3(on) and activate it, the log shows G3(on) happening but the stereo does not come on. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

I tried to do somethign similar, If I understand you correctly. You are using PLATO for the IR commands, and Homeseer for all other events involving criteria and schedules.

You are trying to get Plato to pick up a homeseer command. Is the plato G3 command downloaded? Are you working with the same machine for both software products? possible solution: If the voice command works have it trigger another event (other than G3 - as a catalyst, like a virtual S1 flag), plato picks up the S1 - inturns triggers the G3 command. Watch the log of homeseer to see if the commands come up as expected.

My final solution would be to re-create the IR commands in Homeseer - elimating the duality. I did have quirky things happen with downloaded Plato and Homeseer running on top of it.

--*(( Brent Kacian ))*--
    phillips_brent@hotmail.com
    Homeseer - Houselinc

Comment

Gary,

I assume you've got your TW523 still plugged into the HouseLinc box? It should work fine if HomeSeer sends the G3/On out through it's X10 interface, and back into the HouseLinc through its TW523. It won't work however if you're using the HouseLinc as HomeSeer's X10 interface. HouseLinc will not trigger macros based on seeing HomeSeer send an X10 command. It only triggers on X10 commands coming in from the power line.

Geoff
      -Geoff

Comment

Geoff,

Does that mean I need to have my PC with Homeseer installed connected to a different X10 interface (I have a CM11A not being used)? I guess I would do all the setup I want with the houselinc, download all the commands, then reconnect the pc to the CM11A and activate the X10 commands through the CM11A which in turn would be picked up by the TW523?

Comment

Gary,
          Yes, in order to trigger HouseLinc macros, you'd need to use a different X10 interface for HomeSeer. If you have 2 serial ports available, you can actually have both the CM11A and HouseLinc connected simultaneously. Just select the CM11A as your X10 interface, and the HouseLinc as your IR interface.

Unless you have an extensive macro library on the HouseLinc, why use macros at all, why not let HomeSeer do it all? HomeSeer can do virtually everything a Houselinc macro can do.
          Geoff
          -Geoff

Comment

Working...
          X