This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiimote plug-in - Beta Testing

This plugin is designed to interface HomeSeer with a Wiimote (the primary controller for Nintendo's Wii console)

Please read the User Guide before installing.

Please report any bug.

Installation:
    • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder in /updates3/zips
    • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
    • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the Wiimote line.
    • click the "Download and Install" button
    • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
    • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Changes to v3.0.0.1:
    - Added Rumble action
    - Multiple instance support
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spud; October 16, 2014, 08:04 AM.

Spud,

So I am giving this a try, but I get

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1174998
    [IMG]http://forums.homeseer.com/attachment.php?

While tring to run the WiiPair.exe

Thanks,
    Steven G

Comment

False Alarm!

I updated the bluetooth drivers and it works perfect.

Thanks,
      Steven G

Comment

Originally posted by steveng View Post
        False Alarm!

I updated the bluetooth drivers and it works perfect.

Thanks,
        Steven G
        ok, let me know if you have any problem.
        and please give me some feedback, I didn't get much for this plugin so far.

Comment

Spud,

Everything seems to be working great, I am trying your XBMC PI and using the wii as a remote control for it

I have found for me the position is not very useful as I tend to aim it up or straight alot and not think about it so I get false actions, if i just use the buttons for actions it works perfect.

Have not tried yet, but I assume you can use multiple Wii remotes (instances)?

Thanks,
          Steven G

Comment

Originally posted by steveng View Post
            Spud,

Everything seems to be working great, I am trying your XBMC PI and using the wii as a remote control for it

I have found for me the position is not very useful as I tend to aim it up or straight alot and not think about it so I get false actions, if i just use the buttons for actions it works perfect.

Have not tried yet, but I assume you can use multiple Wii remotes (instances)?

Thanks,
            Steven G
            Thanks for the feedback!
            Of course using the position is not mandatory, using the buttons only, work just fine. Adding a condition on the the position is just a way to use the same button to trigger different events.

The current version of the plugin (3.0.0.0) does not support multiple instances (multiple remotes), but it is something quite easy to add.

Comment

Does this work with remote instances?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                Does this work with remote instances?
                Yes it does support remote instance
                But right now it only support one instance (remote or not). I will add support for multiple instances soon

Comment

Sounds good. Wonder if it would be possible to use the speaker for anything like announcements..

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                    Sounds good. Wonder if it would be possible to use the speaker for anything like announcements..
                    I can easily add actions to control the rumble and LEDs (Note that you can already controls the LEDs using HS devices), but using the speaker is technically more challenging.

Comment

in version 3.0.0.1 available on first post of this thread, I have added support for multiple wiimotes (using multiple instances of the plugin) and a Rumble action:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rumble.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1175032

Comment

Spud having issues with the wiipair.exe connecting to my wii remote. it find it but then wont add it to bluetooth devices seethe screen shot need a little help here thanks

Ken
                        Attached Files
                        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

does this support multiple remote instances yet

Cheers Ken
                          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                            Spud having issues with the wiipair.exe connecting to my wii remote. it find it but then wont add it to bluetooth devices seethe screen shot need a little help here thanks

Ken
                            Have you tried to run wiipair.exe as Administrator?
                            the pairing process is a little picky, I frequently have to do it several times before it works correctly.

does this support multiple remote instances yet
                            yes it supports multiple instances, I haven't actually tested a remote instance but it should work as well.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                              Have you tried to run wiipair.exe as Administrator?
                              the pairing process is a little picky, I frequently have to do it several times before it works correctly.

yes it supports multiple instances, I haven't actually tested a remote instance but it should work as well.
                              I have tried running it as administrator and I still get eh same results that the user is no authenticated any ideas I can get it to pair with windows directly but like you stated in the users guide it doesnt stay long

Comment

Working...
                              X