This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Ocelot Plug-in?

First let me start by appoligising ;-) I'm sure this has been asked many times but after spending about an hour searching posts I decided to just ask.

Basically, my Ocelot just arrived and I'm wondering which plug-in others would suggest and what the pro/cons are. I see there are two and I'm not sure which one to use.

My setup will be the Ocelot, a SECU-16, and a SECU-16IR (at least for now). The SECU-16 will be attached to wired motion sensors and door contact switches.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Tony, if you're going to use the Ocelot for more than just IR, then I recommend using the ADIOcelot plugin. It gives you much more flexibility and allows you to synchronize the Ocelot with you HomeSeer configuration.
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Thank you very much! That is what I needed to know. ;-)

Comment

Ocelot and AVS8x8

Do you plan to use your ocelot with the AVS8x8?

I'd be interested in your experiences if you go that route...

Thanks,

K

Comment

No I'm not planning on having them integrated in any way. I plan to use them seperately. Since the AVS8x8 supports IR control I'd guess you could control it via the Ocelot pretty much out of the box, but I'm looking to communicate via the serial protocol (using a plug-in).

BTW, my AVS-8x8 arrived yesterday as well! I began playing with it last night a bit. I got a serial communiction class from HST (it was in VB.NET so I converted it to C# for my usage) and hope to get some good work done on the plug-in this weekend.

Actually before I go to far with the plug-in I'm probably going to create a stand-alone application to control the AVS-8x8. This is just because as my first plug-in, I'm a bit more compfortable with basic standalone apps so I'll use that to test the basics of dealing with the AVS8x first (without having to worry about creating HS devices, etc which just adds a bit more to the TODO list ;-). Anyway, I'd expect to have the stand-alone AVS8x8 control working this weekend for sure and I'll post that if you'd like to play with that until the plug-in is complete.

Comment

AVS8x8 Program...

I'd definitely like to test it out & see how you did the "bit bang" code...

My AVS8x8 is sitting here beside me, but without a program, plug-in or IR to drive it, it's not that much fun!

Thanks,

Kevin

Comment

AVS8x8 Code...

C.I.C. -

Did you have any luck with the AVS code? Also, you indicated that you were going to dev it as standalone first - will it be in a dll with the routines exposed? I'm hoping I might be able to create the scripts I need by making calls to the app...

Thanks,

K

Comment

I dont know if the .NET environment is different than the VB6 one, but I do find it much easier to develop and evaluate in an environment decoupled from Homeseer. Even after you make your plugin I suggest keeping your first development alive as a basis for future development.

Comment

Working...
                X