Script for dynamically setting Schlage Link user codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script for dynamically setting Schlage Link user codes

I am looking to automate my vacation home for door entry lock codes. I bought the Schlage link lock and so far I love the integration. I have also used the HS tool to set a new user code to lock/unlock.
    As I rent out my vacation home, I want to try and automate the process to add and delete the user codes based on time/date. ie: set the user code to 9876 at 14:00 on 2/14/2010 and delete code 1234 at 11:00 on 2/13/2010. That way I can ensure that when my renters are past their check out time, that they cannot get back in.

Right now I will only be able to manually go in and add/delete them in real time, but I would like to build something that could do it based on a future time/date.

Any suggestions? Is this possible?

Michael

This is precisely what I would like to do, too. This only makes sense. So, I would think there has to be external commands for it.

Upon further investigation, I found this:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...85&postcount=4
    - According to Rick, it can't be done from a script or event.
    Last edited by babyjocko; February 22, 2010, 12:29 AM.

Comment

What I am doing for my renters

I am trying to work around this a bit by doing two things.

I set a couple of events to trigger based on the status of the house and to notice the first time that they unlock the door.

I have it email me to inform me that they have entered, yet have another virtual variable to stop getting emails every time they enter their code.

I also set another event to monitor the check out time. If they unlock the door or the door is unlocked after the check out time, I get sent another email. This way I can try and catch them before they leave to remind them to lock the door. It also informs me to know if they unlocked it again after the check out. It can then serve as a reminder for me to go in and remove the lock ID.

You have any other ideas that you can think of? I really wish that we could have the script run, but I understand the security issue all the same. Plus, if I am Schlage, I might want to hold the scheduling feature as the service of their monthly fee.

Thanks for the post....but a bummer all the same.

M

Comment

You might have another option, but .... it would potentially circumvent your security.

Supposed you are familiar with automating windows functions using AutoIT or windows / homeseer sendkeys function to simulate button presses.

If you create a script which fires up the right internet explorer window, activates it if it isn't on top and active, tabs the proper number of tabs, then types or selects or activates the proper button to delete a user code or enter a user code, and then tab down and press the submit button.

This automation should also inform homeseer of it's actions, possibly updating a virtual device status with it's current action so if it fails, you know where it failed/stopped in case it didn't complete properly so you could more easily troubleshoot it.

You could also have it email or sms text you when it starts and completes each run of the automation.

This is a risk.

You could also attempt to create your own web page which auto-submits when opened and includes the proper form data (look at your lock page source html where you manually do those functions) and set the proper form inputs and maybe a little javascript to submit the form once it's completely opened.

That last one is hazardous as it's tougher to debug without adding special url features to disable the auto-submit.

Hope some of this makes sense, but if you are new to web development, it may be more than you bargain for.

I had thought of doing something similar, but came up with a satisfactory work-around that simply notifies rather than dynamically enable/disable.

Good luck.
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
        X