Upgrading from HS2 to HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading from HS2 to HS3

Please note that HS3 is a totally new program with many internal changes to device and event formats. It is not possible to do a straight import from HS2 to HS3. We have created an import tool that will import the following. To run this tool, you should have HS2 and HS3 installed on the same system. Run the tool and it should find both your HS2 and HS3 databases. The tool imports the following:

* All your event names and group names
    * The following event triggers:
    Absolute time
    Manual
    Sunrise with offset
    Sunset with offset
    Recurring
    * The following event actions:
    Launch App
    Audio control
    Play wave file
    Speak
    Wait
    * Your Z-Wave security key is imported so Z-Wave locks do not have to re-added to the network (just re-scanned)

After the import, you will need to edit your events and set the correct triggers and actions.

Devices are not imported. To import your Z-Wave devices, enable the Z-Wave plug-in and to an Import/Scan. Then edit the devices as needed.

Note that the scripting API has changed so existing HS2 scripts will not run without modifications. The biggest change that devices are now referenced by the unique reference # so functions that used HouseCode/UnitCode to reference devices have changed. We will post a change list of which functions have changed.

Here is the HS2 to HS3 import tool:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...pHS3Import.exe

HS3 Plugins
    The following plugins are currently available for HS3 and were developed by HomeSeer. These plugins are in the HS3 updater now:
    Z-Wave
    X10 (supports TI103 and CM11A)
    CurrentCost
    RCS Serial Thermostats
    SQ Blaster
    Global Cache (GC-100 and iTach)
    ADIO-100 digital in/out
    Rain/Relay8
    DSC Security Panel
    HAI OmniStat Thermostat
    HSTouch Server

Third Party Plugins:
    Most of Blade's plugins
    More third party plugins are in development and will be available soon.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

How do I do this for Hometroller?

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
      How do I do this for Hometroller?
      This beta is definitely not recommended for the HomeTroller. We do plan to offer an upgrade for HomeTroller users but that has not been tested yet.

Comment

So what gets me about going to HS3 is my existing hardware and plugins and compatibility therein.
        For example, I bought the Current Cost monitor and plugin - surely as this plugin is not really maintained now by HS, I suppose it becomes basically useless going to HS3. I also use Jim Doolittle RCS plugin and while I know it's not HS's fault that Jim has passed, what options aside from more hardware/software upgrading do I have?

Don't get me wrong while HS3 may look attractive, for a lot of us it's going to be greatly expensive...

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          The biggest change that devices are not referenced by the unique reference # so functions that used HouseCode/UnitCode to reference devices have changed.
          Rich - I think you meant to say "devices are now referenced by the unique reference #" - correct?
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Will HS2 keep working while the transition is on going?
            Hector
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Whoops, yes, I fixed the post.

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              Rich - I think you meant to say "devices are now referenced by the unique reference #" - correct?

Comment

Yes, in fact when you upgrade to HS3 your HS2 license code will still work. We are doing this for cases where a critical plugin may not be available in HS3 for a while and you can keep HS2 running if needed.

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                Will HS2 keep working while the transition is on going?

Comment

CurrentCost is definetely still supported, in fact an HS3 version of that plugin is already in the HS3 updater.

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                  So what gets me about going to HS3 is my existing hardware and plugins and compatibility therein.
                  For example, I bought the Current Cost monitor and plugin - surely as this plugin is not really maintained now by HS, I suppose it becomes basically useless going to HS3. I also use Jim Doolittle RCS plugin and while I know it's not HS's fault that Jim has passed, what options aside from more hardware/software upgrading do I have?

Don't get me wrong while HS3 may look attractive, for a lot of us it's going to be greatly expensive...

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    Yes, in fact when you upgrade to HS3 your HS2 license code will still work. We are doing this for cases where a critical plugin may not be available in HS3 for a while and you can keep HS2 running if needed.
                    That's great to known, so when is HS3 be available ?
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Thanks Rich!. Much appreciated.
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

That's great to known, so when is HS3 be available ?
                        beta is available now.. i got it running...
                        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                          beta is available now.. i got it running...
                          Telefragger did you use the tool for transferring your stuff from HS2 to HS3? If so how did it go?
                          Hector
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Telefragger did you use the tool for transferring your stuff from HS2 to HS3? If so how did it go?
                            nope.. there are not many plugins in 3 yet.. so i just created 1 device but imported in my ztroller.. all went well
                            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                              nope.. there are not many plugins in 3 yet.. so i just created 1 device but imported in my ztroller.. all went well
                              So you got your zwave devices up and running? How about your stat?
                              Hector
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                              X