HS3 Build 3.0.0.132 Beta for HSPHONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
    OMG! So sorry. Hope this finally works for you.
    No worries. I just thought I'd share my story. I will continue to battle. It only took me 2 years to get the HS2Pro setup that I have now, working.

Comment

Really sorry to hear you story!

Hi Saudersc,
      I really sympathise with you, I think HS was really designed to test our patients. I too have been battling with Way-2-call and have got to the point where it has been left on the back burner because it is so flaky, (worked fine in HS2 and did all I wanted and more) I currently have 2 outstanding bugzilla's one one which existed before version .104 and from what I can see it has not even been looked at. So I wish you well and it's also comforting for the rest of us to know we are not alone with the gremlins of the PC world!

I think the only possible way to find out whether it is my system or an HS s/w problem is to do a clean install on a new disk with just HS 3.0.0.104 and test from there, I bet that won't be a walk in the park!
      Ah well keep smiling
      Peter
      Last edited by Pervez2602; June 24, 2014, 06:41 AM. Reason: Extra text added

Comment

OK. I guess I haven't inflected enough pain on my ego... Using a PBX, how are people running the lines from the Way2Call to the PBX? In my case a KX-TA624.

I know some kind soul told me before, and Tink had a note dealing with this, but I can't find them.

Thanks.
        Don

Comment

Can't get VR to run an event

Baby steps....

I have created a test event as seen in image below. I am trying to use a phrase to trigger it. As can be seen in the log HomeSeer reconigizes the phrase but is not triggering the event. In HS2 there was a setting to allow for VR to trigger an event. Is this true in HS3 also, or is there some other way to have a phrase to trigger an event?
          Attached Files
          Don

Comment

Bump...

OK. I guess I haven't inflected enough pain on my ego... Using a PBX, how are people running the lines from the Way2Call to the PBX? In my case a KX-TA624.

I know some kind soul told me before, and Tink had a note dealing with this, but I can't find them.

Thanks.
            Don

Comment

Re post #123 W2C and KX TD624

Hi Don,
              I am not playing with my W2C at the moment as I am waiting for version 3.0.0.105.
              With reference about the panasonic I am trying to use the W2C with a Nortel Norstar CICS (think that is what it is called in the USA).
              There are 2 possible ways to wire the W2C with a PBX. It can be wired to a specific line (COT) or to an extension in your case as an SLT. Really depends on how you want to use it. I think the W2C might require the line voltage of a POTS line for caller ID to work as I have mine wired to a norstar extension and it does not show up CID from the switch although this was fine with a PCI modem on HS2.
              If perhaps you let me know what set up you want I can tell you what to wire where although UK and US terminology is different.
              You are correct Rick did do some info on this but not sure where to find it.
              Hope this helps.
              FYI I was PBX maintainer before the days of VoIP, yes I have installed and maintained the KX - TD 624 although it was several versions of S/W ago. Fortunately I am now retired.

Comment

Hi Peter:

Thanks for the response. As of now I have the line side of the Way2Call going to to the outside CO line and the phone side going to Line 2 of my Panasonic. I get CID from this setup, although it isn't consistent. In order to contact HS I push the line2 (CO2) button.
                I remember Rick Tinker has a similar setup, but can't find his post.

Retirement is good....
                Don

Comment

Thanks.
                  Hey Don. I didn't reply due to this being the HS3 side of things. I too am on hold until an update or two allow me to replicate my HS2 setup.

I am using the W2C in a Toshiba Strata Vie system as a Trunk line. Pressing CO3 to gain internal support.

I have a Skype adapter on CO2 and POTS on CO1

As the old Strata does not support CID, I currently use Squeezeboxen and the the BGM of certain PBX sets to announce CID

I do not have any SLT/ATAs in my system and currently have a cordless base connected to POTS before the PBX CO1 to allow for use. But I do not have access to HS on the cordless. I have a second W2C, that I would like to use with the cordless base to provide internal access and POTS and allow access to HS3Pro via CO3 direct or via CO1 and hitting DTMF "#".

Once HS3Phone is ready for these sort of trials I plan on playing again.

I found most of my CID issues (that were not PBX H/W or S/W) was that my W2C needed to be grounded. I placed a length of 24 gauge solid core cooper between the chassis and the USB ground and attached to ground at the other end. CID issues with W2C has been nil since. That took me almost two years to correct. Blamed the issue on all sorts of things before this fix.

Hope my post helps.

ChriS

Comment

how does one create a Phone based event such as on Caller ID change then...

In HS2 I was able to do that which I used to trigger a pop up message on Windows Media Centre, and it also allowed me to fix the callerID value which was wrong (came up as timestamp followed by the actual phone number but only for way2call modem) and gave me the chance to correct the voice announcement

Comment

Hi Chris:

Thanks for the ground comment. Once I get this up and running I will pursue that.

To be clear, you are just using one side of the Way2Call?

Way2Call(CO)<--->PBX(CO3)

I have mine set like this.

Way2Call(POTS)<--->Incoming Phone line
                      Way2Call(HandSet)<--->PBX(CO2)

By the way, have you had any luck using VR to trigger an event?

Originally posted by saundersc View Post
                      Hey Don. I didn't reply due to this being the HS3 side of things. I too am on hold until an update or two allow me to replicate my HS2 setup.

I am using the W2C in a Toshiba Strata Vie system as a Trunk line. Pressing CO3 to gain internal support.

I have a Skype adapter on CO2 and POTS on CO1

As the old Strata does not support CID, I currently use Squeezeboxen and the the BGM of certain PBX sets to announce CID

I do not have any SLT/ATAs in my system and currently have a cordless base connected to POTS before the PBX CO1 to allow for use. But I do not have access to HS on the cordless. I have a second W2C, that I would like to use with the cordless base to provide internal access and POTS and allow access to HS3Pro via CO3 direct or via CO1 and hitting DTMF "#".

Once HS3Phone is ready for these sort of trials I plan on playing again.

I found most of my CID issues (that were not PBX H/W or S/W) was that my W2C needed to be grounded. I placed a length of 24 gauge solid core cooper between the chassis and the USB ground and attached to ground at the other end. CID issues with W2C has been nil since. That took me almost two years to correct. Blamed the issue on all sorts of things before this fix.

Hope my post helps.

ChriS
                      Don

Comment

Does this help?

Originally posted by ShimmerNZ View Post
                        how does one create a Phone based event such as on Caller ID change then...

In HS2 I was able to do that which I used to trigger a pop up message on Windows Media Centre, and it also allowed me to fix the callerID value which was wrong (came up as timestamp followed by the actual phone number but only for way2call modem) and gave me the chance to correct the voice announcement
                        Attached Files
                        Don

Comment

Way2call earthing

Originally posted by saundersc View Post

ChriS
                          Interesting post Chris,
                          Am I actually understanding this right? You physically dismantled the Way2Call and provided an internal wire between the PCB and the USB port.
                          Is there any chance of a little more info please.

I am not sure what the UK equivilant of 24 AWG is, a bit of research required here.

If memory serves me correct there were 3 earths for telephone systems I worked on:
                          1. Signalling earth
                          2. Digital earth
                          3. Protective earth
                          Trouble is that is about all I can remember.

Nice to hear someone isn't having trouble with CID at the moment I can't even see a switch extensions CID.

Peter
                          Last edited by Pervez2602; July 4, 2014, 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Way2Call - Behind PBX operation wiring.

Hi All,
                            For those that might wish to use Way2Call - Behind PBX operation my setup is shown on the Way2Call thread.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169296

Peter

Comment

Bump....

Baby steps....

I have created a test event as seen in image below. I am trying to use a phrase to trigger it. As can be seen in the log HomeSeer reconigizes the phrase but is not triggering the event. In HS2 there was a setting to allow for VR to trigger an event. Is this true in HS3 also, or is there some other way to have a phrase to trigger an event?
                              Don

Comment

Does this help?
                                It does, it lets me know that for whatever reason I am missing some event actions as I don't get any telephone based triggers in my drop down.

Now I know it's just me....off to reinstall stuff

[Edit] Wahoo the events are now there after a reinstall... thanks I was starting to think I was going mad [/Edit]
                                Last edited by ShimmerNZ; July 4, 2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X