Energy database issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Furious View Post
    The energy DB has no control over what is actually monitored from what I'm guessing, the devices listed are just there so that the query for building the graphs doesn't then have to break out to the main HS app for the device ID to map to a proper device name.
    To trigger HS to start logging to the DB, you'll probably have to rescan the device to get it to work since its an internal HS process.

IMO, logging should be an option controlled on the device, and should be allowed for all devices, not just restricting it to specific energy reporting devices. The eventlog is already doing all device status/value changes, why not just do it for all devices so people can see graphically how often sensors are triggered and look for trends for further automation?
    Thats sad...

I agree. I would love to be able to get graphs on more. Take the Fibaro motion sensor. Getting a graph on temperature and LUX would really be good. Seeing what max LUX i have had in one day could really help when making events controlling screens by example.
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Went through .174 update and LOTS of windows updates (ugly AM before coffee) and device showed up. Wish I had an idea about what was going on.

Comment

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one running Aeon and Qees devices that report energy updates in the HS3 log but never show any data on the graphing system.

I've been running Json queries and using Cacti to graph some items. It works, but it's not really what Cacti was designed for and Cacti has a steep learning curve.

This is definitely one feature that was not ready for release.
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Aeotec HEM v1 Energy meter

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          And mine is back again. This really messes up my HSTouch screen that shows my weekly electricity usage. Here's how I fixed it - again:
          I must be thick, but how do I correct the issue of the energy showing negative values? I can't find the SQL query page in HomeSeer. I am running the Linux version on a Pi3 in raspbian.

Regards
          Steve S

Comment

Originally posted by sesykes71 View Post
            I must be thick, but how do I correct the issue of the energy showing negative values? I can't find the SQL query page in HomeSeer. I am running the Linux version on a Pi3 in raspbian.

Regards
            Steve S
            There's not a SQL page in HS. I used an external utility to edit the data.
            For the Zee, you can do also do this with a script. I run this Sub in my MasterScript.vb every 12 hours:
            Attached Files
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks,
              I took the piece of script and tried to use it. I get a compile error. I then tried using the example script in the script documentation as well as control page manual script command, all generate the same script compile error.
              I guess I have to figure out what is going on there first.

Steve

Comment

Thanks,
                I took the piece of script and tried to use it. I get a compile error. I then tried using the example script in the script documentation as well as control page manual script command, all generate the same script compile error.
                I guess I have to figure out what is going on there first.

Steve
                ScriptingReferences=System.Data.DataSetExtensions;System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll,System.Data.SQLite;bin/System.Data.SQLite.dll

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    There's not a SQL page in HS. I used an external utility to edit the data.
                    For the Zee, you can do also do this with a script. I run this Sub in my MasterScript.vb every 12 hours:
                    Can you post the code on the script? I just started having the same problem. thx

Comment

I believe this is a HomeSeer problem. We shouldn't have to generate scripts to compensate for a software issue in software we paid for. Energy is totally useless as it is.
                      How about the HomeSeer programmers fixing the issue? It has been going on for years now.
                      I have been i contact with Aeonlabs and they assure me that the energy sensor does not and can not provide negative numbers. Now I also have a Dome switch that also provides energy data. It also can not show negative numbers.
                      With the trend in switches a house could have many energy sensors so a fix is much more important now.

Again HomeSeer, please fix this.

Comment

I believe this is a HomeSeer problem. We shouldn't have to generate scripts to compensate for a software issue in software we paid for. Energy is totally useless as it is.
                        How about the HomeSeer programmers fixing the issue? It has been going on for years now.
                        I have been i contact with Aeonlabs and they assure me that the energy sensor does not and can not provide negative numbers. Now I also have a Dome switch that also provides energy data. It also can not show negative numbers.
                        With the trend in switches a house could have many energy sensors so a fix is much more important now.

Again HomeSeer, please fix this.
                        Did you open support ticket? The more people do, the more attention it might get.

Comment

Working...
                        X