Amazon Echo Dot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Echo Dot

I got a notice today that my Dot will arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to try it.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

can you really only order it via the Echo?
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
      I got a notice today that my Dot will arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to try it.
      Just got my notification of delivery tomorrow also
      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
        can you really only order it via the Echo?
        Yes, I believe it can still only be ordered via the Echo. This is an interesting marketing approach. I suspect they have a lot of startup issues that need to be solved and they want to go slowly and get it right. I think it is very smart. They will get a lot of good feedback from people who are already avid users of the Echo.

Steve Q
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I arrived home to find two dots at my door today, a day earlier than expected. Easy to set up and work great! Having voice control of Homeseer in three areas of my house is so nice.

Comment

Since they are limiting to existing Echo owners, does anyone know if they plan on addressing multiple echo's in the home?
            -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
            Way2 Call
            Elk M1 Gold
            UPB HAI switches
            HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I noticed that "Echo Dot" now appears in my iPad Alexa App, even though I have not yet received it. The serial number is included. This is really impressive! It means that Amazon has registered the product before it even ships! This is probably one of the reasons they are only offering it to existing Echo owners.

Also noticed Amazon has updated the Alexa app to show "Smart Home" rather than "Connected home". Subtle but interesting change.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by email68 View Post
                Since they are limiting to existing Echo owners, does anyone know if they plan on addressing multiple echo's in the home?

I'm sure they will do something, but I doubt it will happen soon. I don't think it is a big obstacle for the sale of echo. As others have said, just put them on separate floors or far apart so only one can hear you.

Steve Q

Comment

My wife asked if we could change the "trigger" phrase from "Alexa" to "Yo Bitch".....as in "Yo bitch, turn off the kitchen light".

I ordered my two dots an hour apart, but it resulted in two different delivery dates, one today, one a week from today. But you gotta love the 'Zon..... both shipped and are here now.

They'll join my 3 Echos (with remotes) whish should give good coverage throughout the home (once I add a few more dots).
                  My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

okay received my Echo Dot and Tap today already have both connected and both working fine with Homeseer, I didn't have to rediscover or anything to give commands to turn my lights on/off.

I already have 2 Echos named Alexa & Echo and now I named the Dot to Amazon (which is connected via cable to my in home stereo). They will have to come up with more names!

By the way I didn't expect much from the portable Tap but the sound is very loud and clear, I even tested it using my IPhone as a Wifi hotspot and all is well. The Alexa app shows you the battery percentage.

Comment

My dot is up and running. The sound quality through my whole house audio system is really great.

I'm experimenting with how to control the dot with HS3. So far I am able to have HS3 speak "Alexa, play NPR news" and she does it. My plan is to set up events like "play Spotify wake up playlist" at 7:00 AM. The difficult part is switching between the audio output from HS3 and the audio output from the dot.

Steve Q

Comment

Steve, have you thought about trying a two channel mixer to feed your whole house audio (Homeseer + Alexa)? I am also thinking of centrally locating the dot.

-ron

Comment

I just got my dot. dose the amazon echo not work with zee? I cant find the enable voice command button.

also you can order a dot using the amazon app on a phone. you just have to use the voice command to order it. some thing like "add echo dot to cart"

Comment

Originally posted by basshook View Post
                            Steve, have you thought about trying a two channel mixer to feed your whole house audio (Homeseer + Alexa)? I am also thinking of centrally locating the dot.

-ron

I am using a mixer to combine the output of the dot and the computer. But when Alexa is playing, spoken commands from HS3 don't work very well. It would work much better if the output of Alexa could be muted. One way to do that would be to use a relay controlled by Hs3 on the audio line.

Steve Q

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                              I am using a mixer to combine the output of the dot and the computer. But when Alexa is playing, spoken commands from HS3 don't work very well. It would work much better if the output of Alexa could be muted. One way to do that would be to use a relay controlled by Hs3 on the audio line.

Steve Q

How about a mixer with priority override. Put HS on the priority channel. Like what they use for stores with background music and a PA for announcements.
                              -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
                              Way2 Call
                              Elk M1 Gold
                              UPB HAI switches
                              HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Working...
                              X