HS3 .350 Memory Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 .350 Memory Leak

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a memory leak with HS3. It has been around for awhile but seems to be more prevalent with .350. When I restart HS3 the system reports about 75mb of memory use. After about seven days of operations it is normally around 544mb for HS3. It is not a big issue for me since I have 12Gb of memory but thought that I would mention the possible issue.

Bob

Here have stayed at v.349 after hearing of issues with v.350.

Thinking many of the issues were resolved with v.353 (Windows only right now) as Rich mentioned something about releasing v.353 as the standard release (not beta).
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Dropped back to .348 from .350 as the HSTouch client connection time to the server was starting to slow down. The downgrade seems to have solved the connection time issue for the moment.

Comment

On Linux here. Raspberry Pi 3's with up to date Jessie and up to date Mono 5 with plug-ins split between two Pi's. One running HS3 (v.350) and half the plug-ins, and the other half of the plug-ins remote.

I am not sure this is directly related to the most recent betas. But over the last couple of months I have been trying to track down a memory leak issue. It takes several days, but eventually the HS3 task gets up to 1.2GB of memory or higher. At that point the Raspberry Pi starts struggling and eventually starts shutting things down. I'm running Webmin, so I can see the memory utilization steadily climb.

It seems to be aggravated/caused by both the HSBuddy and PHLocation plug-ins. I first noticed it with HSBuddy, and just stopped using the plug-in (the phone app is awesome even without the plug-in). I more recently started trying out PHLocation, and the same thing happened. I am currently running without either and memory utilization is slowly climbing, but it usually takes a day or two, or three, to see if it keeps climbing. I have an almost identical setup at another location and it runs for weeks without an issue. The memory issue is with the HS3 process, not the plug-in process.

Comment

I've had this problem for a looong time, no solution as yet. My thread here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179125

Comment

I never tried to track it down as i have a lot of plugins and wasn't sure what caused it but i just have mine set to restart every Sunday at 4am and have had much better performance

Comment

Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
              I never tried to track it down as i have a lot of plugins and wasn't sure what caused it but i just have mine set to restart every Sunday at 4am and have had much better performance
              Have you tried turning off logging or limit the max amount of logging? As the log file fills up, it grows to its maximum size, not sure it would be 500M though. On Linux, I did notice at some point actually that all the writing to the (my) terminal window seriously drove up memory utilization.

Just some pointers

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                Here have stayed at v.349 after hearing of issues with v.350.

Thinking many of the issues were resolved with v.353 (Windows only right now) as Rich mentioned something about releasing v.353 as the standard release (not beta).
                Where are they hiding version .353? I'm on .350 right now.

EDIT: Nevermind I see they are on .354 if you play with the number in the download links.

Comment

Yes V354 if out and described as last beta release before standard release.

Here with V349 have not had any issues with the Homeseer touch server integration. (that is me though here).
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                  X