Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage door opener stopped responding to commands

Hi All,

For the longest time I was able to say 'alexa, open the garage door' or 'alexa, close the garage door'. It seems like this stopped working for me about the same time I installed the latest update. Not saying they are related, just seemed like about the same time. Now I have to say 'alexa, turn on the garage door' etc

Anybody have any idea what happened? Extremely frustrating to sound like an idiot when I want the garage door closed...

Amazon for the longest time has reserved the words open / close for smart locks. Others using different controllers are seeing similar problems where it *Used* to work. Some have noted they are still able to use those phrases without issues. Amazon is working on v3 of the smart home platform so in the future this will impact everyone. Regardless using voice control to operate the largest door in your home is a serious safety and security issue not with standing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation. Yeah I feel stupid every time. oh well.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm with Teken on the above.

Alexa voice or any other voice controlled application is still very developmental and has a long way to go yet. I certainly would not rely solely on it's ability in the area of fire, intrusion or security locking.

It's looking promising I will agree but there's no way it will be replacing the traditional methods for some time to come yet.

Comment

Working...
          X