Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errors on startup, missing db-journal file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally still seeing this as a Z-Wave corrupted Database file.

Restoring an old one or repairing current database file will most likely correct issue.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Personally still seeing this as a Z-Wave corrupted Database file.

Restoring an old one or repairing current database file will most likely correct issue.
      If that is the case he can backup his currect Z-Wave database and then delete it. HomeSeer will recreate it when it stats up.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I didn't know that. Thanks Rupp.

To current date of running Homeseer 3 lite and Homeseer 3 Pro in Linux I have not had any issues relating to a corrupt database (whichever one). I did have corrupt database issues sometimes with Homeseer 2.

I have compressed / cleaned the HS3 sqlite databases any how mostly just to look at the data on them.

I am currently connecting to the same Z-Wave network via the RPI, Leviton VRCOP and Samsung Hub.

In a recap then relating to Paul's issue all he has to do is:

1 - shut down Homeseer
        2 - rename the zwave database
        3 - start up Homeseer
        4 - Homeseer will create a new Z-Wave database based on his current Z-Wave nodes, HS variables and events.
        Last edited by Pete; September 15, 2017, 09:52 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          So you tried right clicking on the HS3 short cut and manually running HS3 as an administrator? This should eliminate any permission issues. Also are you running any anti-virus software that make be locking this file during file scans?
          Hi Rupp, Yup, I tried right clicking and running it as Administrator. So at this point I'm fairly sure it's not permissions. No anti-virus software is currently installed (though that is something I probably ought to correct ) ...

Paul

Comment

If that is the case he can backup his currect Z-Wave database and then delete it. HomeSeer will recreate it when it stats up.
            Hi Rupp,

So just to clarify, based on your message and the following message from Pete, if I backup the database, and then stop HS/delete db/start HS, it will restore/rebuild the db from teh backup automatically? Or will it create a new empty database with which I can restore the backup to?

regards,

Paul

Comment

Guessing the backups are also corrupt. NOTE that you are moving the databases and saving them.

If all ends well you can either just keep the backup-old directory somewhere else or just delete it.

1 - Shut down Homeseer

2 - Rename backup directory to backup-old

3 - Create a new directory called backup

4 - move current Z-Wave2.db file over to backup-old

5 - here I have two .zwave files in the directory that look like this:

ZNet_Network networkid_networkid.ZWave

Looked at them and they only contain the zwave network address and each node number. Nothing else.

I would move these files over to the new backup-old directory.

6 - restart Homeseer

Such that your root zwave directory doesn't have anything in it except for these two directories. (IE: homeseer\data\zwave\)

1 - backup-old
              2 - backup

The backup-old will contain everything that was in the root and the backup directory will have nothing in it.

Make sure you have Homeseer disabled / not running.

When you start Homeseer will most likely write the node information (.ZWave file) and create a new DB from your Z-Wave devices, variables and events.

Here testing Rupp's stuff by doing same as you will need to do. I want to see if my DB gets recreated.

Only difference here is that I am running Homeseer in Linux which should work identical to your set up in Windows.

On reboot see the db file:

HS3ZeeLite:/HomeSeer/Data/Z-Wave# ls
              backup bakup Z-Wave2.db

I do not see the .ZWave text file though.

Will do a scan of my network and see if it recreates it.

I did a full scan and optimize and it didn't create the *.ZWave text file. Maybe it's a left over from an earlier version of the plugin?

All my events / variables are there which is the most important piece.

After about 60 minutes of running here all looks fine now with the new zwave database that was created.
              Last edited by Pete; September 15, 2017, 12:47 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

@Paul, just checking if you are OK now?
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, going to give it a try this evening and will post back with the results. Thanks!

Paul

Comment

I just finished doing the z-wave db rebuild. The rebuild went fine and it built a new z-wave database - superficially Homeseer is working correctly as before.

It hasn't fixed the error messages on startup, however. . Interestingly, because I was watching it during startup, I saw a bunch of journal files appear and disappearing moments later, and then the errors threw on the log......

regards,

Paul

Comment

Interesting...

Do you see any optimization errors relating to the ZWave device and what is in the firmware?
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                        I just finished doing the z-wave db rebuild. The rebuild went fine and it built a new z-wave database - superficially Homeseer is working correctly as before.

It hasn't fixed the error messages on startup, however. . Interestingly, because I was watching it during startup, I saw a bunch of journal files appear and disappearing moments later, and then the errors threw on the log......

regards,

Paul
                        I can't remember as this post is getting long. Are you running any anti-virus software?
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm lost here now as I am used to running Homeseer in Linux and have forgotten most of the Homeseer running in Windows stuff these days.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I can't remember as this post is getting long. Are you running any anti-virus software?
                            Hi Rupp,

Nope, no anti-virus software.....

Comment

Curious Paul.

Are you running Windows 10 on a regular PC or one of those micro PCs that is using EMMC and a microSD card?

My PipoX computer came with a 32Gb eMMC and I added a 32Gb microSD. I also split the OS to boot in to Windows, Android or Ubuntu.

Curious how much space is available on the OS drive?

Is it running on an SSD drive?

Here still do chkdisk on the SSD drives although they say you do not need to do that.

Have you run a chkdsk on your Windows 10 OS drive?
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Curious Paul.

Are you running Windows 10 on a regular PC or one of those micro PCs that is using EMMC and a microSD card?

My PipoX computer came with a 32Gb eMMC and I added a 32Gb microSD. I also split the OS to boot in to Windows, Android or Ubuntu.

Curious how much space is available on the OS drive?

Is it running on an SSD drive?

Here still do chkdisk on the SSD drives although they say you do not need to do that.

Have you run a chkdsk on your Windows 10 OS drive?

Comment

Working...
                                X