Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request

Hi Spud,

The plugin in the configuration settings has a section in which you enter the polling time interval.

Is it possible to trigger the polling from an event or at predefined times?

Let me explain how things works and what is it I am asking.

The Autelis device is connected to the Suntouch controller.
    In order for Suntouch to read water temperature the "main/filter" pump has to be running (so water is in contact with the sensor).

If the pump is not running the plugin is polling the Autelis device.
    Example .- at midnight when no one would be looking at the temperature or changing other settings the plugin is still polling the autelis device at the predefined time interval.

It would be ideal if the polling could be triggered from an event or script or have predefined times such as between 8am and 10pm every 5
    Min but between 10:01pm and 7:59am no polling.

MERCI
    Chris

Any thoughts Spud

Can you make this update?

Thanks
    Chris

Comment

yes, but not until mid august

Comment

Thank you,

thanks Spud,

Will wait

Chris

Comment

in version 3.0.0.8 available here, I have added an event action called "Poll For Status".

So if you want the plugin to poll the controller and update the status of the devices only for certain period of times, then in the config page set Poll for status every 0 minutes, then create a recurring event with your time range conditions like in the screenshot below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	recurringpollingevent.png
Views:	2
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1186787

Comment

OMG Thank you so much

Spud,

I was away from home and just noticed your update.

I will update and test this weekend.

Thanks again,

Chris

Comment

Error

Hi Spud,

I downloaded the latest version 3.0.0.8 and I see an error.

I validated the follwing:
              Autelis device is ON and I can login to it directly with the IP address.
              Under the configuration I have the correct IP and the correct Port.
              My router also has that port 81 fwd to that IP.

Do you know what the error is about?

Error from the log:

ERROR System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing. at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent() at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializati onReaderPentairStatusResponse.Read6_response() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events) at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReade r textReader) at HSPI_Autelis.PentairController.GetStatusCmd() at HSPI_Autelis.AutelisApp.OnPollTimerEvent(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

adding screenshots of the error and the configuration,
              Attached Files

Comment

could you post the entire log, you should see something like the following when the plug-in is polling the controller:

Code:
                INFO CMD SENT: http://10.0.0.74:81/status.xml?
                can you access this url from a browser running on your HS3 machine?

also, you don't need a port forwarding rule if HS3 and the Autelis pool controller are on the same local network.

Comment

Complete log

Hi Spud,

Both my computer that runs HS3 and the Autelis device are on the same network (even connected to the same router), see image attached.

I tried using the links to reach the Autelis device I couldn't.

If I type the IP 10.0.074 I am able to reach the device, see image.

I turned of the Norton Firewall completely just in case.

I am pasting the entire log below,
                  Aug-28 10:54:58 AM Autelis ERROR System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing. at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent() at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializati onReaderPentairStatusResponse.Read6_response() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events) at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReade r textReader) at HSPI_Autelis.PentairController.GetStatusCmd() at HSPI_Autelis.AutelisApp.OnPollTimerEvent(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

Aug-28 10:54:58 AM Autelis INFO WebException: ConnectFailure Unable to connect to the remote server

Aug-28 10:54:37 AM Autelis INFO CMD SENT: http://10.0.0.74:81/status.xml?
                  Attached Files

Comment

why did you set the port to 81 in the config page?
                    the default port is 80, try that.

Was it working with a previous version of the plugin?

Comment

Port 80 Worked

Spud,

I changed the port number back to 80 and the new feature WORKS 100%.

Love it.

Thanks again! Your ROCK!

Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X