No announcement yet.

How can I read scheduled setpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesnt in my system. 55 minutes and the setpoint has not changed. So I'll have to find a plan B. For the away its no problem, when the house is set to away it loads the away schedule, and sends a command to the thermostat to set it to 18 degrees. So thats fine. The home one is the problem now, how do I get the appropriate setpoint to the thermostat.

Is there a script command to get the current heat setpoint of the device ?

would

setpoint = hs.devicevalue(227)

work ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mikee123; July 16, 2016, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
      It doesnt in my system. 55 minutes and the setpoint has not changed. So I'll have to find a plan B. For the away its no problem, when the house is set to away it loads the away schedule, and sends a command to the thermostat to set it to 18 degrees. So thats fine. The home one is the problem now, how do I get the appropriate setpoint to the thermostat.

Is there a script command to get the current heat setpoint of the device ?

would

setpoint = hs.devicevalue(227)

work ?
      That is odd. I wouldn't think it would be thermostat dependent. I just tested mine to make sure and when a new schedule is loaded the temperature for that time of day is immediately set in any of my thermostats. I tried it on several thermostats with several different schedules. It is a shame that it doesn't work for you, because the method we use allows the scheduling function to take precedent. For example, if we go "away" at 5:00PM and the system sets back to 64 degrees from the 70 degree daytime norm and we return "home" at 11:00PM the system will go to the nighttime setback temperature of 66 degrees. There is no point trying to heat the house back to the daytime temperature when we are likely to go to bed. I have oversimplified our logic, because it also takes into account times of day and PHLocation data to predict if we are heading home before we actually arrive. We have come to rely on BLStat to dynamically set heating schedules and it has worked perfectly for a couple of years.

If you have the Easy Trigger plug-in you can create a status only virtual device to store the current setpoint, use easy trigger to set the virtual device to the current setpoint when you leave and set the thermostat to the away setpoint. When you return set the thermostat setpoint to the stored value in the virtual device. Easy Trigger allows you to set a device to another device.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I have easy triggee, but tried to do it another way. Easy trigger might actually be the easiest way. After what you said i thought brilliant thats how i would like it to be. For whatever reason it isnt. So that might be the easiedt way around it. But as long ss it works, another dtep or two is not that important. It cant work for every device the same way.

Comment

I have done the easy trigger copy my last setpoint when I leave the house. So that should work up to the point when I have a schedules setpoint change on the schedule which should be loaded while at home. That setpoint change will not occur as the away schedule is loaded. So when I come back, it will load the last setpoint, but in this case the setpoint is wrong.
          I had another idea of how to get around this, but I dont know if its possible.
          If I could create a virtual thermostat, which loads the same schedule as my main thermostat, but keeps that schedule even when the main thermostst changes to the away schedule. That way, the virtual thermostat would change setpoints as the main thermostat would if the house wasnt set to away. The if I read the virtual thermostat schedule when the house turns to home, it will always have the right setpoint.
          So, I need to create a virtual thermostat (if thats possible) and then load it into BLStat (again, if thats possible)

Comment

Working...
          X