X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
    Good call,

Is there a good resource for the most commonly used resolutions?

I know i am using:
    240x320
    320x480
    800x600
    1024x768

Raptor
    I think macromark posted a poll a while back of the resolutions that everyone was using. With all of these tablets and phones out there, there are several.

I'm using:
    1024x576 (netbook)
    800x600 (andriod cruz reader)
    480x800 (samsung galaxy s)
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

one annoying thing, you'll have to make 2 screens for phones and such...

One wide screen, one portrait.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        I think macromark posted a poll a while back of the resolutions that everyone was using. With all of these tablets and phones out there, there are several.

I'm using:
        1024x576 (netbook)
        800x600 (andriod cruz reader)
        480x800 (samsung galaxy s)
        Hmm, i think finding a happy medium might be challenging, that said, users can always adjust it to their needs after.

Shall we move this to its own thread?

Raptor
        HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
        53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
        https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Hmm, i think finding a happy medium might be challenging, that said, users can always adjust it to their needs after.

Shall we move this to its own thread?

Raptor
          I think that would be great!
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            I think that would be great!
            Ok i have started a thread, lets move the discussion there:
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=148962
            53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

There are lot of screens here from people who obviously have artistic ability and have spent a lot of time designing things.

So for contrast I figured I'd show my main screen. With my general lack of artistic ability and using mostly the stock images that came with HS plus some random icons I searched up on the internet (and a photo I took of a rainbow over the ocean as a background), I created this main control screen that I run on the computers in the house (it's 1920x1080).

There are some pop-up screens in addition to what you see. The thermostat button brings up a stock thermostat screen. The section with the TV controls changes to the controls for the blu-ray player when the "DVD" button is hit (and switches back when "cable" is hit). I've also got a screen that pops up on top with icons for my favorite TV channels. The video camera icon opens up a window with the feed from my front door camera. I've also got screens that pop-up for the weather report and the SF bay area fog report when you click the weather icon and fog report text respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by footVOL View Post
                Here is a sample of my screens. I am still having a couple of issues with RSS data working properly, so some of them look a little funny. Enjoy!
                How did you get the weather tab screen that you have used for your motion sensors transparent. I have a background I am trying to use, but for the life of me I can't work out how to get the weather tabs like you have and horizontal. That is a great implementation and I would love to do something similar with my door and motion sensors but cant work out how.

Is there any chance you can attach the file you used for the transparent divider / weather style thing.

Thanks!
                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Hi,

here is my participation to this thread. I have designed an interface with HSTouch using a floorplan made with SweetHome 3D as the background image. You can see in the video how I use a barcode scanner to add items to my shopping list. It is in french but it can give you an idea of my project. The interface is running on a ELO 15' touchscreen inserted into my kitchen wall.

video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAWDOq8d4Nw

Samuel
                  Last edited by zebzeb76; July 7, 2011, 02:43 PM.

Comment

very impressive zebzeb. can you share the details of the barcode scanner?

Comment

Originally posted by redthebartender View Post
                      very impressive zebzeb. can you share the details of the barcode scanner?
                      If it's like the one I have done in the past, you have a large UPC database of items, then make the interface query the database when you scan the UPC.

Comment

Originally posted by killervette View Post
                        If it's like the one I have done in the past, you have a large UPC database of items, then make the interface query the database when you scan the UPC.
                        Actually, it is a mixed mode :
                        * I use an API provided by french company Prixing (http://www.prixing.fr/) that delivers the description and picture of items scanned in my application
                        * I use a database containing all scanned items with a description entered with virtual keyboard if item is unknown by the API

Comment

Originally posted by zebzeb76 View Post
                          Actually, it is a mixed mode :
                          * I use an API provided by french company Prixing (http://www.prixing.fr/) that delivers the description and picture of items scanned in my application
                          * I use a database containing all scanned items with a description entered with virtual keyboard if item is unknown by the API
                          Where do you keep the barcode scanner?

Does anyone know of a USA UPC database that could be used in the same way?

Comment

Where do you keep the barcode scanner?

Does anyone know of a USA UPC database that could be used in the same way?

http://www.upcdatabase.com/

It's not an API, I used the database though. Wish it had images

Comment

barcode scanner and database

This is what you want
                              http://www.intelliscanner.com/products/mini/index.html
                              Has all data for US, unfortunately in Australia we have to manually add barcode data

Comment

Work In Progress

Still working on it... this is my take on a multiroom system.

Comment

Working...
                                X