X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SimpleHomeNet Plugin Version 1.0.2.0 Beta

The SimpleHomeNet Plugin has been updated to Beta version 1.0.2.0

This version includes the following changes:
    • Added support for SimpleHomeNet EZSnsRF device (I do not own one of these devices to test with. If you have any issues with functionality, please set the logging level to debug and start a new thread in the forum describing the issue and provide the log so I can address the issue.)
    • Added support for output timers on the EZIO2X4, EZIO8T, EZIO8SA and EZIO40 devices.
      • Output timers are in minutes by default, but can be set to run in seconds on the device configuration page. This change applies to all output timers.
      • Output changes that occur as a result of the output timers are not transmitted to the plugin (this is a device limitation). In order to keep the plugin and the device in sync, I recommend setting a resonable polling interval so that plugin will resync during timed polls.
    • Changed the add devices screen flow to allow for new features in future updates.
    To install the beta version, follow the below procedures:
    • Shutdown HomeSeer
    • Rename the existing HSPI_SimpleHomeNet.dll to HSPI_SimpleHomeNet.bak
    • Copy the HSPI_SimpleHomeNet.dll from the attached ZIP file to the HomeSeer directory
    • Restart HomeSeer
    Please let me know if you have any questions or issues,

Adam
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hurry4it; September 9, 2012, 12:20 AM.

The plugin was updated to version 1.0.2.2 to address some bugs related to the EZSnsRF operation.

Adam
    Attached Files

Comment

SinpleHoneNet Plugin Version 1.0.2.2 Beta Update??

I have been using the EZIO8SA modules for a short while now but is there any way that we can add a grouping to the modules? I have about 10 of them and they are are all doing the same actions. I would like to group them into one group (i.e. window control) and when i set up an event trigger i can select the group and if input 4 changes to on (on any of the 10 EZIO8SA boxes) do the following action. Currently I have to set up 10 different events to look for output 4 on all of the EZIO8SA boxes and trigger the same action. Any help would be appriciated.

Comment

Originally posted by daryl1998 View Post
        I have been using the EZIO8SA modules for a short while now but is there any way that we can add a grouping to the modules? I have about 10 of them and they are are all doing the same actions. I would like to group them into one group (i.e. window control) and when i set up an event trigger i can select the group and if input 4 changes to on (on any of the 10 EZIO8SA boxes) do the following action. Currently I have to set up 10 different events to look for output 4 on all of the EZIO8SA boxes and trigger the same action. Any help would be appriciated.
        I may be able to add support for this to the plugin. I think that it would require creating a new device that is a triggered off of the individual devices. I'll toy around with it and see if I can come up with a solution.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by hurry4it View Post
          I may be able to add support for this to the plugin. I think that it would require creating a new device that is a triggered off of the individual devices. I'll toy around with it and see if I can come up with a solution.

Adam
          Adam, your help in this matter would be greately appreciated. Could you post any updates as you work on the patch.

Thanks....

Comment

I'd like to try this plugin. I installed it per above instructions but:

License file SimpleHomeNet. lf does not exist, please reinstall the plugin
            Unable to initialize interface SimpleHomeNet :Either no license or trial has expired

Comment

Originally posted by Isk82 View Post
              I'd like to try this plugin. I installed it per above instructions but:

License file SimpleHomeNet. lf does not exist, please reinstall the plugin
              Unable to initialize interface SimpleHomeNet :Either no license or trial has expired
              I have attached the standard trial license file. Shutdown Homeseer, extract the license file from the zipped folder and place this file in your HomeSeer config folder, then restart HomeSeer and you should be good to go.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Adam
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. Meanwhile, I installed the plugin from the installer. I have not yet bought the device, but I wanted to see the plugin first. I see the plugin creates 8 virtual device outputs and 6 inputs. Just wondering if there is a device for the one wire. I am building an Insteon control for my pool pump and valve actuators. The one wire would be nice for water temp. Again, I don't have the beta version running yet, but this looks like it will do everything I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Isk82 View Post
                  Thank you. Meanwhile, I installed the plugin from the installer. I have not yet bought the device, but I wanted to see the plugin first. I see the plugin creates 8 virtual device outputs and 6 inputs. Just wondering if there is a device for the one wire. I am building an Insteon control for my pool pump and valve actuators. The one wire would be nice for water temp. Again, I don't have the beta version running yet, but this looks like it will do everything I want.
                  The plugin does not yet support the 1-wire sensor. I am looking to put this into a future version of the plugin.

Adam

Comment

Hs3

Will your plugin be updated for HS3? It is the one we use to run our pool.

Comment

Originally posted by JHughes View Post
                      Will your plugin be updated for HS3? It is the one we use to run our pool.
                      Sorry for the delayed response. I will begin developing a SimpleHomeNet plugin for HS3 as soon as the MNSandler Insteon plugin for HS3 is available.

Adam

Comment

I have a EZIO8SA and HomeSeer cannot poll the device and get a status of the relays. There is also no conformation that a relay received a command sent from HomeSeer, if I unplug the unit and send an on command no error or notification is ever received that the command was not received by the unit.

So why is this and why is it that all the relays "Support Status" = False in HomeSeer's "Additional Information" page on all the SimpleHomeNet products?
                        Last edited by ramblreb; June 27, 2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ramblreb View Post
                          I have a EZIO8SA and HomeSeer cannot poll the device and get a status of the relays. There is also no conformation that a relay received a command sent from HomeSeer, if I unplug the unit and send an on command no error or notification is ever received that the command was not received by the unit.

So why is this and why is it that all the relays "Support Status" = False in HomeSeer's "Additional Information" page on all the SimpleHomeNet products?
                          I'll start by addressing the polling capabilities. The plugin is setup to poll the SimpleHomeNet devices in two ways. The first is by setting a polling interval in the SimpleHomeNet Configuration menu. The automatic polling of the devices works by using a seperate timer that will query the device for status updates and will update the devices on the status page.

The second methods is by using the "Poll Devices" button on the HomeSeer Status screen. The Support Status only shows true for HomeSeer polling of the SimpleHomeNet "root" device. When HomeSeer initiates a poll of the root device, the plugin will query the device fro the status of all relays, outputs, inputs, etc and update the status on the HomeSeer status page. You should get a message saying something along the lines of "Poll complete: see status page for device updates" when you initiate a manual poll.

Also, the plugin does not currently support any communications timeout functionality. If the device is unplugged or powerline communication fails, then the only way that the plugin will know is by implementing device polling. I am looking into adding some additional timeout/retry capability to the plugin, but this will drive a significant rewrite to the plugin code since this functionality is not natively supported in the SimpleHomeNet to Insteon plugin interface.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by hurry4it View Post
                            I'll start by addressing the polling capabilities. The plugin is setup to poll the SimpleHomeNet devices in two ways. The first is by setting a polling interval in the SimpleHomeNet Configuration menu. The automatic polling of the devices works by using a seperate timer that will query the device for status updates and will update the devices on the status page.

The second methods is by using the "Poll Devices" button on the HomeSeer Status screen. The Support Status only shows true for HomeSeer polling of the SimpleHomeNet "root" device. When HomeSeer initiates a poll of the root device, the plugin will query the device fro the status of all relays, outputs, inputs, etc and update the status on the HomeSeer status page. You should get a message saying something along the lines of "Poll complete: see status page for device updates" when you initiate a manual poll.

Also, the plugin does not currently support any communications timeout functionality. If the device is unplugged or powerline communication fails, then the only way that the plugin will know is by implementing device polling. I am looking into adding some additional timeout/retry capability to the plugin, but this will drive a significant rewrite to the plugin code since this functionality is not natively supported in the SimpleHomeNet to Insteon plugin interface.

Adam
                            OK, I will have to do additional testing then because When I had a EZIO2X4 installed it never would update the status by either method. Then again it would fail to respond in 1 out of 10 tries so maybe it was a communications failure. I would rather have a bank of Insteon I/O plug in modules and have real time comm feedback and polling than this sending into a virtual black hole and hoping it was received. One of the most robust features of Insteon is notification of a non responsive device, without it there is no confidence in the system. Also if you poll an unresponsive device it does nothing, it should change the status to "Unknown". Also the manufacturer states that "...devices will also acknowledge when they’ve received the message to turn on/off a relay as well" so you should be able to acknowledge a relay command was received without a polling routine.

The other issue is how can you poll a simplehomenet device in a HomeSeer script?

When I do a manual poll from HomeSeer the response is "Polling: SimpleHomeNet Root Device (Status is: Poll processed - Check the device for status)" See the Status Page for updates would make more sense.

Jim
                            Last edited by ramblreb; June 29, 2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

I'll look into what it will take to get some sort of message timeout notification integrated into the plugin. Also, I haven't tried using a script to do the polling but it should be possible. I am in the middle of moving now and just packed up my Insteon equipment, so it will be a couple of weeks before I can get you an answer on this.

Adam

Comment

Working...
                              X