Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just purchased the plugin - really appreciate the work you have done.

I think the controls to set the heat setpoint to a specific temperature are not working properly. I am able to adjust the setpoint up by one degree, for example, using the 'plus' command
    Code:
    hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(77,True,"+",False,False))
    but I cannot set the setpoint to a specific temperature directly by using the command
    Code:
    hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(77,True,"66 °F",False,False))
    Am I using the commands incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
      I just purchased the plugin - really appreciate the work you have done.

I think the controls to set the heat setpoint to a specific temperature are not working properly. I am able to adjust the setpoint up by one degree, for example, using the 'plus' command
      Code:
      hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(77,True,"+",False,False))
      but I cannot set the setpoint to a specific temperature directly by using the command
      Code:
      hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(77,True,"66 °F",False,False))
      Am I using the commands incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for any help.
      I don't think you can use CAPIGetSingleControl that way when you try to get a control which is a range

I haven't tested, but try something like (C# code)

Code:
      CAPI.CAPIControl control = hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(77,true,"(value) °F", false, false);
      control.ControlValue = 66;
      hs.CAPIControlHandler(control);
      or

Code:
      CAPI.CAPIControl control = hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(77,true,"(value) °@S@", false, false);
      control.ControlValue = 66;
      hs.CAPIControlHandler(control);

Comment

Excellent, thanks very much. The first example worked - here it is converted to Visual Basic:

Code:
        	dim control

'set the heatpoint for device 77 to the new heatpoint
        	control = hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(77,true,"(value) °F", false, false)
        	control.ControlValue = 65
        	hs.CAPIControlHandler(control)

hs.writelog ("Ecobee", "Set heat setpoint to 65")

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          It's not implemented yet in the plugin but yes the API allows to get data from remote sensors.
          I don't own any remote sensor, so I would need one of you guys to let me access your ecobee data so that I can implement and test this feature. Please contact me at spud.webb.4@gmail.com if you want to help.
          That's great! I just purchased the smarter bundle and will be purchasing your plug-in soon. My home won't be setup for a couple of months, however. If you're still looking for help with this when I setup my home, I'll definitely reach out... Maybe I'll setup my HS3 and Ecobee here in my temp apartment.

That being said, remember that the data is only polled once every 4 minutes, so it won't be very useful for things that need instant trigger like motion lighting.
          This does limit the use cases, but this functionality would still be useful to me.

Thanks for your work on this! Can't wait to get started with your plug-in!

Comment

I'm getting this error now:
            ERROR Ecobee.Net.AuthenticationTokenExpired: Authentication token has expired. Refresh your tokens. at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.ThermostatSummary.d__c.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__12.MoveNext()
            Does this mean I need to re-authenticate the plug-in with my ecobee account? If so, how long do the tokens typically last?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              I'm getting this error now:

Does this mean I need to re-authenticate the plug-in with my ecobee account? If so, how long do the tokens typically last?
              see this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...30#post1212030

you need to install version 3.0.0.5

Comment

see this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...30#post1212030

you need to install version 3.0.0.5
                Just saw the thread, sorry for not checking before I posted.

Thanks!

Comment

Can you have it determine if aux heat is running?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                    Can you have it determine if aux heat is running?
                    I guess that's possible but I'm a little confused about what "aux heat" represent exactly?
                    Can you see this information from the ecobee web portal?
                    Could you set the log level to debug and send me the json data that is logged in each case: aux heat running and aux heat not running?

Comment

Aux heat is when it kicks in the electrical strips once the heat pump can't handle the outdoor temp. Yeah ill do that and send it to you

Comment

Ecobee Plugin Won't Run

Hi guys. Installed an Ecobee3 thermos and downloaded the HS3 Plugin on a trial basis. I've erased and re installed several times. Every time I activate the plugin it crashes continually. Any ideas? Downloaded version 3.0.0.5 and then used the manual routine to get it up to 3.0.0.7. No luck.. keeps crashing.. can't get to the config window.

Running HS3 3.0.0.208 on windows server 2008R2. I noticed you had to update the .Net Framework to 4.5 which I (think) I did by downloading it from the Microsoft site and let it run through its install routine. Tried this a couple of times to be sure. Though I'd ask the question to see if anybody has a workaround before I go much farther..

Thanks, Rick.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick21 View Post
                          Hi guys. Installed an Ecobee3 thermos and downloaded the HS3 Plugin on a trial basis. I've erased and re installed several times. Every time I activate the plugin it crashes continually. Any ideas? Downloaded version 3.0.0.5 and then used the manual routine to get it up to 3.0.0.7. No luck.. keeps crashing.. can't get to the config window.

Running HS3 3.0.0.208 on windows server 2008R2. I noticed you had to update the .Net Framework to 4.5 which I (think) I did by downloading it from the Microsoft site and let it run through its install routine. Tried this a couple of times to be sure. Though I'd ask the question to see if anybody has a workaround before I go much farther..

Thanks, Rick.
                          please post the logs you get when you try to start the plugin.

do you have any additional error message that pops up in a window?

Comment

Hi Spud. Thanks for the quick reply. Probably something local to my environment..

As soon as I enable the plugin in HS3 on the server I get a pop up window that says HSPI_Ecobee has stopped working. In the windows popup some extra detail:

Problem signature:
                            Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
                            Problem Signature 01: hspi_ecobee.exe
                            Problem Signature 02: 3.0.0.7
                            Problem Signature 03: 5675dc52
                            Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
                            Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.18408
                            Problem Signature 06: 52310b91
                            Problem Signature 07: 170f
                            Problem Signature 08: 14
                            Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileLoadException
                            OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.1296.17
                            Locale ID: 1033
                            Additional Information 1: 0a9e
                            Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
                            Additional Information 3: 0a9e
                            Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Tried debug log but not a whole bunch of information there.. it looks like its cycling on and off.. the regular log entries were:

Dec-27 11:58:30 AM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
                            Dec-27 11:58:28 AM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.7
                            Dec-27 11:58:28 AM Info Plugin Ecobee has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49797
                            Dec-27 11:58:28 AM Warning I/O interface Ecobee is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                            Dec-27 11:58:00 AM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
                            Dec-27 11:57:58 AM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.7
                            Dec-27 11:57:58 AM Info Plugin Ecobee has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49714
                            Dec-27 11:57:58 AM Warning I/O interface Ecobee is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                            Dec-27 11:57:34 AM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
                            Dec-27 11:57:31 AM System Current debug events set:
                            Dec-27 11:57:31 AM System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.DebugMode = 0
                            Dec-27 11:57:28 AM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.7
                            Dec-27 11:57:28 AM Info Plugin Ecobee has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49630
                            Dec-27 11:57:28 AM Warning I/O interface Ecobee is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                            Dec-27 11:57:00 AM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
                            Dec-27 11:56:58 AM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.7
                            Dec-27 11:56:57 AM Info Plugin Ecobee has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49496
                            Dec-27 11:56:57 AM Warning I/O interface Ecobee is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                            Dec-27 11:56:32 AM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected

thanks much, Rick.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick21 View Post
                              Hi Spud. Thanks for the quick reply. Probably something local to my environment..

As soon as I enable the plugin in HS3 on the server I get a pop up window that says HSPI_Ecobee has stopped working. In the windows popup some extra detail:

Problem signature:
                              Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
                              Problem Signature 01: hspi_ecobee.exe
                              Problem Signature 02: 3.0.0.7
                              Problem Signature 03: 5675dc52
                              Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
                              Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.18408
                              Problem Signature 06: 52310b91
                              Problem Signature 07: 170f
                              Problem Signature 08: 14
                              Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileLoadException
                              OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.1296.17
                              Locale ID: 1033
                              Additional Information 1: 0a9e
                              Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
                              Additional Information 3: 0a9e
                              Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Tried debug log but not a whole bunch of information there.. it looks like its cycling on and off.. the regular log entries were:

Dec-27 11:58:30 AM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
                              Dec-27 11:58:28 AM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.7
                              Dec-27 11:58:28 AM Info Plugin Ecobee has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49797
                              Dec-27 11:58:28 AM Warning I/O interface Ecobee is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                              Dec-27 11:58:00 AM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
                              Dec-27 11:57:58 AM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.7
                              Dec-27 11:57:58 AM Info Plugin Ecobee has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49714
                              Dec-27 11:57:58 AM Warning I/O interface Ecobee is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                              Dec-27 11:57:34 AM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
                              Dec-27 11:57:31 AM System Current debug events set:
                              Dec-27 11:57:31 AM System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.DebugMode = 0
                              Dec-27 11:57:28 AM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.7
                              Dec-27 11:57:28 AM Info Plugin Ecobee has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49630
                              Dec-27 11:57:28 AM Warning I/O interface Ecobee is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                              Dec-27 11:57:00 AM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected
                              Dec-27 11:56:58 AM Ecobee INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.7
                              Dec-27 11:56:57 AM Info Plugin Ecobee has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49496
                              Dec-27 11:56:57 AM Warning I/O interface Ecobee is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                              Dec-27 11:56:32 AM Info Plugin Ecobee with instance: has disconnected

thanks much, Rick.
                              can you try to disable your antivirus and try again?

Comment

Had another couple go's at it tonight. No anti-virus on. Looks like it installs cleanly. Updater log messages below. One thing I did notice was the Ecobee.ini file was of zero bytes. The syntax of the copy statement was different in the update log as well. (\\?)

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Install/Update of package Ecobee was successful.

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\\Ecobee.ini

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Extraction Complete.

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: images.zip

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\System.Time.dll

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\Ecobee.Net.dll

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\Newtonsoft.Json.dll

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Ecobee.exe.config

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Ecobee.exe

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Installing package Ecobee

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Update HSPI_Ecobee.exe downloaded successfully

Dec-27 10:01:20 PM Updater Downloading update: Ecobee

Dec-27 10:01:20 PM Updater Starting download of updates

Same result.. soon as I enable the plugin HSPI_ecobee.exe exits with a windows error type of System.IO.FileLoadException

Other HS3 functions seem to be working properly, again I'm sure it must be something within my environment. I'll go have another look at the .net status on Win2K8R2 where the HS instance lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X