"device name" is not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"device name" is not responding

For several days our Alexa devices have been acting strange.

When we say "Alexa turn on <device>"

She responds with "<device name> is not responding" and then turns the device on.

We have run Discovery, and we have done a complete COLD restart of everything (overdue anyway as it has been up for MONTHS)

She still is acting weird.

Thoughts ?

PS...when we run discovery, she says she finds -NO- new devices, where she used to say she found 14 devices, ie the same 14 as before.... but this is new... Do I need to Wipe the list from the Alexa app and THEN re-run discovery?

I would try a "Forget All Devices" in the Alexa app, then discover them again. It wont hurt anything.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Comment

I had this same problem with my zwave fan switch. I believe my problem was some sort of corruption on the z-troller.

What you are describing was happening to me for months.

I finally tracked it down, found that it was only a few devices that were doing that, all of them z-wave. I cleared my controller a few times, and restored it's settings.

Not sure if that'll help, but at least you know you're not alone.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
        X