Set light to preset from script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set light to preset from script

I have looked through the manual but can find a way to set lights to a preset from a script. I know I can just match the hut and saturation of a preset but I am trying to set a light to a preset based on the status text of a virtual device. I hope there is a way if not it would be a nice future addition.

lsvortex,

You are right, there is no scripting possible yet for setting a preset. Will add it in a future release. But you can use presets in events, maybe this is a work around for now for you? Use JowiHue actions, set lights for that.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      lsvortex,

You are right, there is no scripting possible yet for setting a preset. Will add it in a future release. But you can use presets in events, maybe this is a work around for now for you? Use JowiHue actions, set lights for that.

Thanks,

Wim
      Wim,

That is what I am doing, using events. But I've not tried to do more complex things because it would mean a lot of events. If you implement this, I will use it.

Bill

Comment

All,

With the new beta, 2.0.1.10, there are two new script commands added for presets. One to activate a preset and another one to set a random preset.
        Here is how to use it; will be added to the documentation later:

SetPreset
        Code:
        Dim test As Boolean = hs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "SetPreset", { "Gold", "TableLight;KithchenLight",""})
        SetPresetRandom
        Code:
        Dim test As Boolean = hs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "SetPresetRandom", {"TableLight;KithchenLight","Colorfull",""})
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X