Next and Previous commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next and Previous commands

Hoping for some help. Just trying to get the plug-in working. All works except the previous and next commands. I am using streaming apps on my phone to Chromecasts. I get the following in my log:

Device: Chromecast Receiver Status to Next (5) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

no next though...

What apps specifically are you using? Previous/next may not be supported by all apps. I only tested with Google Play Music

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      What apps specifically are you using? Previous/next may not be supported by all apps. I only tested with Google Play Music
      I am using Spotify on Android. I also have Amazon, and Slacker. All other commands seem to work great - Stop, Play, Pause, Mute, and UnMute.

Comment

Originally posted by dmauer View Post
        I am using Spotify on Android. I also have Amazon, and Slacker. All other commands seem to work great - Stop, Play, Pause, Mute, and UnMute.
        Just downloaded Google Play Music - mine does not work with next or previous.

Comment

Just downloaded Google Play Music - mine does not work with next or previous.
          From debug logs:
          Dec-18 11:18:31 AM Chromecast DEBUG RX: {"requestId":1715028594,"type":"INVALID_REQUEST","reason":"I NVALID_COMMAND"}
          Dec-18 11:18:31 AM Chromecast DEBUG RX: urn:x-cast:com.google.cast.media
          Dec-18 11:18:31 AM Chromecast DEBUG TX: {"mediaSessionId":1,"requestId":1715028594,"type":"NEXT"}

Comment

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to test this again before January.
            What kind of chromecasts do you have? do you try to use the next/previous from a group or a single chromecast?

Comment

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to test this again before January.
              What kind of chromecasts do you have? do you try to use the next/previous from a group or a single chromecast?
              I have tried this on a single Chromecast audio and with a group of Chromecast audio(s).

Love the plug-in - will look for a response in January.

Comment

I can't get Previous/Next to work with anything. For example, a Google Play Music Playlist.

Thanks for you help.

Comment

Just want to echo that in Spotify, next/previous does not work.

Would love to have this enabled, if possible.

Comment

Hoping for some help. Just trying to get the plug-in working. All works except the previous and next commands. I am using streaming apps on my phone to Chromecasts. I get the following in my log:

Device: Chromecast Receiver Status to Next (5) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

no next though...
                    Any update on this issue?

Comment

I could have swear this was working with at least Google Play Music but I tested again and I now see the INVALID_REQUEST message as well. Something must have changed on their side.
                      Unfortunately the Next/Previous requests are not part of the default requests for a chromecast app, so to make them work I would need to reverse engineer each app (Google Play Music, Spotify, Youtube, etc...) to see how it's implemented.

Comment

I could have swear this was working with at least Google Play Music but I tested again and I now see the INVALID_REQUEST message as well. Something must have changed on their side.
                        Unfortunately the Next/Previous requests are not part of the default requests for a chromecast app, so to make them work I would need to reverse engineer each app (Google Play Music, Spotify, Youtube, etc...) to see how it's implemented.
                        Hoping that you will get this feature working. Trying to integrate Google Chromecast into HA. Happy to help you beta test as I have Spotify, Slacker, Tital, and Amazon music services for some reason. Should give a broad view. Thanks in advance for supporting this critical part of the plug-in.

Comment

Hi spud,

Just writing to find out if you've had a chance to look into this.

Media control (next/prev) would be a very nice feature .... but after doing my own research it looks like such commands are not natively supported by CC devices, yet.

Thanks,

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post
                            Hi spud,

Just writing to find out if you've had a chance to look into this.

Media control (next/prev) would be a very nice feature .... but after doing my own research it looks like such commands are not natively supported by CC devices, yet.

Thanks,

Ben
                            No I haven't found a solution for this, as you said this is not natively supported by the Chromecast API. So unfortunately I think I will remove the Previous and Next buttons in the next version of the plugin.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X