This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keypad control

How would I make button A on my keypad control multiple switches or create a scene or a turn all off? I did it by creating an event that is triggered by a status change of button A, but I don't think that was the correct way to do it, because there is a long delay till all the lights would go off. It would cycle from switch to switch to switch and I am wondering if what I did is completely wrong and if the response of all the switches should be simulataneous. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I believe creation of a group would turn off everything at once. You would then trigger the group via an event. However, I'm not sure group commands have the same level, or any level, of acknowledgement from devices. Thus, I have elected to turn things on and off individually.
    Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

groups and events

So I created a group of about 40 switches and after about an hr or longer, it finally would finish programming and says that not all participants were programmed correctly or something like that. I have tried a few times already and it really takes a long time to reprogram so many records, links and switches. I don't know why I would keep getting this message. All my switches seem to work fine through homeseer. when I would try the event, for example press button a on my keypad to turn off the group, sometimes it does not work and I would have to press it again or even again. any suggestions?

Comment

Unfortunately this is the current state of the SDM and the PLC. In order to do a remote update of the link tables in a device there are hundreds of individual read and write memory commands being issued to each device. Depending on the sytem about 1% of them go bad in some way.

SmartHome is working on the problem and I'm hoping will have it fixed eventually. Until they do some serious updating on the device firmware remote programming the devices will remain horribly slow.

Jon

Originally posted by erike3198
        So I created a group of about 40 switches and after about an hr or longer, it finally would finish programming and says that not all participants were programmed correctly or something like that. I have tried a few times already and it really takes a long time to reprogram so many records, links and switches. I don't know why I would keep getting this message. All my switches seem to work fine through homeseer. when I would try the event, for example press button a on my keypad to turn off the group, sometimes it does not work and I would have to press it again or even again. any suggestions?
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
        X