This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-10 suddenly stopped working in HS 2.2.0

I Was using TI103 interface this morning thru a palmpad when suddenly X-10 failed. Went to the HS pc, tried the UI, no response. I power-cycled both the pc and interface. Saw the TI103 plugin initialize OK. Still no X-10.
    Installed a brand new CM-11a, set plugin status accordingly, and power-cycled both the pc and new interface. Saw the CM-11 plugin initialize OK.
    Still no X-10.

Anyone have a clue?

Yep, read the post about issues with 2.2.0.0

I've been fighting with it for a couple weeks
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Hmm. I'll check that. Thanks.
      Funny, been using 2.2.0.0 since it was released with no prob.

Comment

Have no idea if its related, but had a similar problem with UPB. After a few weeks, UPB just stopped. The UI was fine, and according to HS, it "looked" like it was working, just nothing UPB was transmitted. A restart of HS fixed it, but a few weeks later, same thing again. Was running 2.2.0.0

Comment

Well, I've been trying to nail my issues down a bit.
          I can get some modules to respond outside of HS. I have some limited joy using a x-10firecracker on another machine and I can get some modules to fire with a palmpad. When I fire up a device from either, HS log shows the triggers wheter they fire or not.

This might be something. I'm currently seeing
          X10 received 'M Dim 5'
          in the log after each palmpad trigger.

Also, I have a USB to RS-232 dongle which switches my cameras. That works thru the UI. It is NOT X-10 however.

I've always gotten a 2.2.0.0 startup warning - error in OpenComPort... unable to obatain a handle... but I've had no issues until this morning.

I just bought another USB to RS-232 dongle to replace the PC's serial port. We'll see shortly.

(Sure wish I could turn the outside lights off.)
          Last edited by jay; March 19, 2007, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I'll open a ticket. The dongle did no good. I installed my firecracker on the HS machine to check the physical serial port. Firecracker and it's X10 software do work.

Comment

Update

I closed the ticket.
              Out of despiration, I power-cycled both buildings and X-10 was restored. I'm guessing it was a hung motion sensor.

Comment

If it was hung motion detector, i wouldn't think the other x10 methods you tried would have worked either. There is a wierd anomaly that several have seen where the io part of HS just dies, no one can really say they have found the exact reason, i tried disabling different plugins, ended up resorting back to 2.1.162
                Over The Hill
                What Hill?
                Where?
                When?
                I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Mostly agree.
                  I could use palmpads, desktop controllers and a firecracker when they were physically close to a module. Range very limited. I checked my Leviton coupler/repeater and saw the LED on most of the time, with a few flashes.
                  I then suspected a X10 motion sensor flood, even though I saw very little suspicious activity on the log - except something from M dim 5 following each x10 trigger attempt.
                  I have 2 motion sensors using house code M. I disco'd one to no effect. The other was a real pain to disco because we're iced in, so I "just" power-cycled both buildings - a much bigger pain.
                  Anyway, I'm back.

Comment

Working...
                  X