No announcement yet.

Jon00 HTML to Image Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It won't take you long to get back in the swing of things especially with your other creations! Just a bit of positioning on the text huh!
    Jon

Comment

Just leftovers from my WUN page. First wanted to see if I could do it. Not sure how much I want to put in the image versus the HSTouch screen page.

Thank-you Jon for a very nice application.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Relating to HSTouch; looking for a way to create a text element on HSTouch client which shows me local client hardware stats; IE: DNS, IP, HSTouch client name.

I can and cannot get to your website. If I use a proxy I can but do not see the entire page. I modded the firewall here some to allow your internet IP thru but still having issues. I even tried a UK proxy just now.

Going to try using my other internet connection.
        Hi, in my post http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.php?p=974984&postcount=17

there is a clue for you I think for displaying the name of the Windows client (=Windows name).
        I have also a script to get your External Ip and your Windows name, it is man at work but you can have it if you like.
        Let me know.

Happy scripting,
        Hammy

Comment

Thank-you Wim. Will give it a try.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Jon,

It seems like the image capture / save is buffering the images(?).

I can put the link in the browser window and see a current view; but when I look at the new images it creates it appears to be a cached PNG from the first time the capture is done. I haven't tried this yet though with an internet web site image; just the local framebuffers.

Here is a current picture; notice that the time in the snapshots is from earlier this morning.
            Attached Files
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

I did tests with my homeseer pages and it updates correctly. Would you check the date stamps of the png's to see if they were updated or not.
              Jon

Comment

Hello Jon,

I watched the directory as I ran the script. The image files all did get updated with newer files. Looking at the png's showed the same image that it replaced (just a newer time stamp). Concurrently on another PC; just put in the framebuffer html links and saw most current image. The average PNG size is about 700k or so on the fb grabs.

Here is the directory. The current time / time stamps are relatively in sync. The JPG in the directory is the same picture as the one above. I'll change one of the image HTML grabs to a HS page link.

I changed all of the Chumby TS views and made one an HS web view; did the picture grab. The event is set to every 15 minutes and I'm making the press of the HSTouch screen element button run the event such that it has the newest views.

I waited about 30 something minutes; changed three screens; ran update such that it would grab newest HS web page. The composite view is the same as the first one.

I did see something in the log which I didn't see before: (is there a limit to the size of the picture? The Chumby's are all set to 800X600 pixel size screens.

7/10/2011 10:43:27 AM - Jon00_HTML2Image - Error at Webgrab Subroutine Block 1 (A generic error occurred in GDI+.)
                7/10/2011 10:43:27 AM - Jon00_HTML2Image - Error at Webgrab Subroutine Block 1 (A generic error occurred in GDI+.)
                7/10/2011 10:43:31 AM - Jon00_Image - Error at DrawImage function (Out of memory.)
                7/10/2011 10:43:32 AM - Jon00_HTML2Image - Error at Webgrab Subroutine Block 1 (A generic error occurred in GDI+.)
                Also just noticed as I press the Chumby element (that runs the two scripts) and it goes to the composite page; I am seeing the HS GUI change; validated the change looking at the image with an image viewer. The other three though remain the same as the initial composite capture.

So I just tried something else. I went to the HS server; brought up IE; cleared the browser cache. By default its set to delete history. I then went to a touch screen and pressed on the Chumby element. It updated all of the screens this time. So it looks to be using the cached framebuffer pics in the browser.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Pete; July 10, 2011, 11:06 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Jon,

It seems like the image capture / save is buffering the images(?).

I can put the link in the browser window and see a current view; but when I look at the new images it creates it appears to be a cached PNG from the first time the capture is done. I haven't tried this yet though with an internet web site image; just the local framebuffers.

Here is a current picture; notice that the time in the snapshots is from earlier this morning.
                  Just succesfull implemented the capture of a the webpage with Jon's uti.
                  I display the .png in an image with ImgUrlNormal set to point to the image on the webserver i.e http://HS-IP:HS-Port/images/yourdir/image.png

I set IsVideo to True.

The image updates when I load the page on the client.

Is this what you are looking for or is it a different problem.?

Regards,
                  Hammy

Comment

Path question in ini

Hi Jon for me it works perfect.
                    I capture the news colum of a newssite.
                    So I can see that there is something interesting.
                    In that case I switch to the newspage to read it.

Is it possible in the ini to specify the path under images (as with your PerfMon and Homeseer etc.) in a short way. So not to specify the whole path but only the part under dir images.

Regards,
                    Hammy

Comment

Wim,

Looks to be fine with the browser captures for me too. It seems to cache the frame buffer captures. I am wondering if its the size of the png's that doing that. I mentioned about; clearing the IE cache on the Homeseer server made the composite view of the framebuffers update.

The image updates when I load the page on the client.
                      Is this what you are looking for or is it a different problem.?
                      My set up is a composite of 4 HTML grabs. One is the HS GUI HTML web page and the other three are framebuffer grabs of the Chumby Touchscreens.
                      I utilize two of Jon's applications; the Jon00HTML2Image applicaton and the Jon00Image application. One grabs the 4 views and the other builds one JPG picture. Its very quick.

Time's up for me; wife is standing in the doorway of my home office with a "what are you doing look?" We are having a BBQ this afternoon; well in about 2 hours or so...
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

I don't really know what the issue is.

Try the following to see if you get an updated image.

URL=http://192.168.244.156/cgi-bin/custom/fb0?4353763673762

and

URL=http://192.168.244.156/cgi-bin/custom/fb0#387298729898

The numbers after the ? and # are just random. If one works, try it again with different numbers. If that works again (giving an updated image), I'll add something to the script to generate this automatically as an option.
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                          Hi Jon for me it works perfect.
                          I capture the news colum of a newssite.
                          So I can see that there is something interesting.
                          In that case I switch to the newspage to read it.

Is it possible in the ini to specify the path under images (as with your PerfMon and Homeseer etc.) in a short way. So not to specify the whole path but only the part under dir images.

Regards,
                          Hammy
                          The <HSPath> tag is supported i.e.

ImagePath=<hspath>\html\images\temp\capture.png

Is that what you wanted?
                          Jon

Comment

Jon,
                            Both of the ways you mentioned worked. I also tested without the numbers and it seems to be working OK now. I left the screen and walked away for a while. When I came back all of the 4 composites were updated.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              The <HSPath> tag is supported i.e.

ImagePath=<hspath>\html\images\temp\capture.png

Is that what you wanted?
                              Yes, sorry Jon, in your excellent documentation I ran over it

Thanks again,
                              Regards Hammy

Comment

Checked this morning and all appears fine. The only thing I did was clear the IE cache yesterday morning. Adding fb0?4353763673762 or fb0#387298729898 and changing the numbers had no adverse effects on the outcome of the final composite view.

Not seeing any errors coming up in the HS logs.

Next steps though will be add more HSTouchscreens / kind of a micro composite view thing. I really don't need to run the event every 10-15 minutes as when I press the touchscreen element it just runs the event providing the updated views. Also planning on another combo composite graphical representation pics from the virtual performance monitoring stuff.

Thanks Jon for an excellent application!
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X