Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New build posted. Please be sure to read the associated notes posted with this release as many files have been updated.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
      So the issue is specifically with IE. I did a quick search on the error you posted and there are a bunch of hits. The cause and solutions are varied. One suggests to disable the auto detect of local intranets. When you change tabs, I'm guessing IE is modifying the URL somehow which is causing the issue.
      Yep, saw that suggestion and already tried it - no luck.

I'll keep looking into the security options, as it sounds specific to IE.

Thanks.

Comment

You'd need to copy/paste the required number of folders within the pages dir, rename/edit as necessary, make all the necessary additions to startup.js, router.js, require.config.js, nav-bar.html, and nav-bar.js. I think if you look at those files, it'll be pretty self-explanatory and easy to recognize the pattern.
        Just loaded the latest and now want to reconfigure my UI to make full use of the new nav-bar and earlier tile-group features. How I think I want to set it up is by using nav-bar tabs for Main Page, Ground Floor, First Floor, Garage, Garden, Cameras, Other (web pages)....and then tile-groups within each Tab.

This way I wont ever need to add more nav-bar items but I will have to redesignate a room to be a 'floor' if you see what I mean. I think it would be really cool to design the UI so that HS Location2 was mapped to Nav-Bar Tabs and Location1 was mapped to tile-groups......the much desired plugin could do that, right ?

Comment

I'm just stuck on trying to display the two-wide thermostat tiles in either 2 or 3 columns......<div class="tile-group triple"> or <div class="tile-group quadruple"> does not work. Can it be done ?

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
            I'm just stuck on trying to display the two-wide thermostat tiles in either 2 or 3 columns......<div class="tile-group triple"> or <div class="tile-group quadruple"> does not work. Can it be done ?
            Found it......use one, two, three, four etc instead of double, triple

Comment

Having trouble with <staticimage> tile. These have been working but I left them running under a much earlier version of the UI. Now I'm trying to integrate them under a new Nav tab but they only show as single tiles instead of the defined params width: 'three-wide', height: 'two-tall'.....has it been changed ?

Comment

The navbar can't be dynamic until there is a way to dynamically configure the UI within HS. The way I have my UI set up is quite different than yours. I have some tabs that have the same tiles as other tabs. My tabs are based on functionality I want to see at a certain location. I actually have a corresponding tab for my touch-screen devices.

As for the static image. It should be a large 2x2 tile. Unfortunately, this development process has been about trade-offs for some things. I updated the library I'm using to eventually add more UI specific features (tabs within tabs for example and the tile-groups you all are enjoying right now) and as a result had to sacrifice some flexibility in defining tile sizes.

Comment

The navbar can't be dynamic until there is a way to dynamically configure the UI within HS. The way I have my UI set up is quite different than yours. I have some tabs that have the same tiles as other tabs. My tabs are based on functionality I want to see at a certain location. I actually have a corresponding tab for my touch-screen devices.

As for the static image. It should be a large 2x2 tile. Unfortunately, this development process has been about trade-offs for some things. I updated the library I'm using to eventually add more UI specific features (tabs within tabs for example and the tile-groups you all are enjoying right now) and as a result had to sacrifice some flexibility in defining tile sizes.
                  Fair enough, and yes it proves there is great flexibility now available so we can make it what we like. I've just reconfigured mine now and it very easy to do and looks great. I'll post some images shortly, but here is my staticimage tab....2x2 isn't working but I really need 3x2 minimum to be able to view it. Is this possible ?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Fair enough, and yes it proves there is great flexibility now available so we can make it what we like. I've just reconfigured mine now and it very easy to do and looks great. I'll post some images shortly, but here is my staticimage tab....2x2 isn't working but I really need 3x2 minimum to be able to view it. Is this possible ?
                    Open the staticimage.js file and change the _classinfo variable to

_classInfo="tile-big-x tile-wide-y fg-white"

Comment

Open the staticimage.js file and change the _classinfo variable to

_classInfo="tile-big-x tile-wide-y fg-white"
                      Not quite sure how to change....here is the extract

self.classInfo = ko.observable();

if (params.hasOwnProperty("color")) {
                      self.defaultColor = params.color;
                      } else self.defaultColor = "bg-steel";

self.classInfo("tile fg-white " + self.defaultColor)

Comment

Not quite sure how to change....here is the extract

self.classInfo = ko.observable();

if (params.hasOwnProperty("color")) {
                        self.defaultColor = params.color;
                        } else self.defaultColor = "bg-steel";

self.classInfo("tile fg-white " + self.defaultColor)
                        self.classInfo("tile-big-x tile-wide-y fg-white ") _ self.defaultColor;

But there is also one more instance a little further down in the file where you can just paste _classInfo="tile-big-x tile-wide-y fg-white ";

Comment

But there is also one more instance a little further down in the file where you can just paste _classInfo="tile-big-x tile-wide-y fg-white ";
                          There are only 2 occurrences of classInfo in my file as in the extract....?

Comment

There are only 2 occurrences of classInfo in my file as in the extract....?

Sorry...I was looking in the wrong file. Just change out what I showed you in the the previous post.

Comment

Yep...I removed mode indicators on the thermostat widgets and mode is now indicated by color.
                              Here is an image of some of my StellaZ Radiator Valve Tstats - the question is which mode is each in (Off, EnergySave, Heat) ? This is a problem but is because I have defined a color for each in the html.....
                              Attached Files

Comment

I just copy/pasted this over the existing but now there are no staticimage tiles appearing.....should I have removed all the old width, height params from the html ?

Comment

Working...
                                X