Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI connects then disconnects

Hi All,

Updated to last edition but now get following error. I can confirm I am running hue as emulator for Alexa so not sure if that has now any bearing.

Error log shows

Feb-10 10:08:38 AM Info Plugin JowiHue with instance: has disconnected
    Feb-10 10:08:38 AM JowiHue * Connected to bridge Philips hue at 192.168.0.63:100
    Feb-10 10:08:38 AM JowiHue * Connected to bridge Philips hue at 192.168.0.58
    Feb-10 10:08:38 AM JowiHue Error: (BridgesFillByDevice):Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Feb-10 10:08:33 AM JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
    Feb-10 10:08:33 AM JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 1.1.2.8 on Linux
    Feb-10 10:08:07 AM Info Plugin JowiHue with instance: has disconnected
    Feb-10 10:08:06 AM JowiHue * Connected to bridge Philips hue at 192.168.0.63:100
    Feb-10 10:08:06 AM JowiHue * Connected to bridge Philips hue at 192.168.0.58
    Feb-10 10:08:06 AM JowiHue Error: (BridgesFillByDevice):Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Feb-10 10:08:02 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in JowiHue
    Feb-10 10:08:02 AM JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
    Feb-10 10:08:01 AM JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 1.1.2.8 on Linux
    Feb-10 10:08:01 AM Info Plugin JowiHue has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:54268
    Attached Files
    Steve

Anyone ?
    Steve

Comment

Stevie,

I don't what is going wrong for you. Is the emulated bridge on port 80 or another port? The plugin will handle both differently, but should mention the emulated bridge at the start of the log once. Did it mention it?

Could you help me with a trace maybe? Set the deep trace and trace to file options on in the configuration page of the plugin. then stop the plugin and start it again.

Let it run until it faults for you. then get the log file from the logs subdirectory of HS3 (both JowiHue.log and JowiHue-last.log). then send these files to my email address: w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl?

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim, thanks, will do. There's never been any problems updating. I've used bridge emulator for ages with no problems. PI has always been stable and worked fine. Will do as requested and will email over will do sometime tomorrow.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Steve

Comment

Wim,

It doesn't stay connected long enough for me to enable any options in the log. Would a delete and install help?
          Will it keep all settings if i do this?

Steve

Comment

Stevie,

The savest thing you can do is leaving the plugin where it is, but delete both bridge devices, do not delete anything else?

Stop the plugin before deleting the bridges. After the restart it will recreate the bridge again.... not the emulated bridge device anymore...
            It could help if the plugin did not remove the emulated bridge by itself....
            Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Stevie,

The savest thing you can do is leaving the plugin where it is, but delete both bridge devices, do not delete anything else?

Stop the plugin before deleting the bridges. After the restart it will recreate the bridge again.... not the emulated bridge device anymore...

It could help if the plugin did not remove the emulated bridge by itself....

Wim

Wim, thanks. That did the trick. All working as it should be.

Thank you for your help [emoji106]

Steve

Comment

Glad it helped. I suppose the emulated bridge was not deleted properly. will check on that for the next version

Thanks,

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                X