Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a couple shots of the screens I have been working on. I am by no means a designer, nor know anything about graphics, so its not perfect. I will say one thing i keep in mind when making the screens, I stick to keeping no more than 2 clicks on the screen to get to what I need. This has helped a lot with the WAF which has to remain high in order for me to keep my addiction going.

I have the temps setup to rotate every 5 seconds between outside and inside temp, and also I try to keep things readable from roughly 10 feet away. I have a few panels around the house, but keep separate projects for each panel in designer. They design is the same across all of them to maintain uniformity, but things like music do different things for each room when controlling the audio. Lights are also different for each room.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice work waynehead99! What's the traffic light for and could you post a pic of your lights screen.

Sent from my iPhone
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Some of my IPHONE Screens in hstouch

Here are some screens from my Iphone HSTouch project
        Attached Files
        Regards Bart
        ------------------------------------------
        Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
        HSPRO 3.
        Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

This is one of my favorite Threads, I always like to see what others are creating with HSTouch. So I think it is time to share mine to.
          I am not a graphical designer and it is not overloaded with al kind of cool features but it does the job.

By the way, Bart I really like your Iphone screens! looks very professional.

greetzz

Martijn.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by martinisoft; August 26, 2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Looks good. Could you show how you are displaying the LMS (Logitech Media Server)?
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Nice Job Martijn! It certainly does the job. Like the squeezebox integration.
              Tom
              baby steps...starting again with HS3
              HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
              HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
              Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
              In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
              System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                Looks good. Could you show how you are displaying the LMS (Logitech Media Server)?
                Ofcource!
                Nothing fancy about it, its just a textbox.
                See the screenshot below:
                Attached Files

Comment

new 17" touch screen added to my man cave.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice screens! I used to have elaborate screens back in HS2 days, just haven't found the free 10,000 hours needed to make something like that since
                    Mike

Comment

i wish i was more of an artist, i would love to use completely home made screens, but its just not in me

Comment

Any ideas or direction on how to populate an HSTouch screen with a Google Maps traffic layer image? I could have swore I saw a pic posted where someone had done this but I can't seem to find it now. Anyone successfully done this?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesk View Post
                          Any ideas or direction on how to populate an HSTouch screen with a Google Maps traffic layer image? I could have swore I saw a pic posted where someone had done this but I can't seem to find it now. Anyone successfully done this?
                          I'm not sure of the legalities so I'm not being too descriptive but have a look here https://developers.google.com/maps/d.../layer-traffic

If it's just a single location that you're interested in, then you can create an html file, save it in your HS3 html folder. Add a text element to hstouch and set its text element to the url of the saved html file and set the ishtml property to true.

Of course you could have multiple html files with different settings or use a script to generate the file dynamically.

Paul..

Comment

I have a traffic page using google traffic maps.

just went to the location I wanted, turned on traffic, and copied the URL into HS Touch in a text box.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I did as suggested and inserted a text element and pasted in the URL to a google maps search. I set is HTML to true and allow navigation to true. The page shows up but I receive a google page advising my browser is unsupported instead of the search result that the link should direct to. Did you run into this issue?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I did as suggested and inserted a text element and pasted in the URL to a google maps search. I set is HTML to true and allow navigation to true. The page shows up but I receive a google page advising my browser is unsupported instead of the search result that the link should direct to. Did you run into this issue?

No, didn't have that, but that is probably because of the changes I made. See this thread. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176505 Homeseer defaults to IE7. That thread shows how to change it.

Comment

Working...
                                X