Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobitten View Post
    Hi,

I have problems writing to the database.
    Current view says:
    Inserts 211
    Failures 2.696

I'm new to HS3 (in fact new to HS).
    I have installed HS3 and Ultra1Wire3 HSPI and configured it only to look at my OWServer equipped with 3 1Wire temp probes. The OWServer were discovered immediatly and the OWServer responses to the polling updating the temperatures on the HS3 view.

My problem is, that data are almost not written to the database (211 inserts 2.696 failures, and I see none of the 211 rows in a SqLite browser).

In the debug there are lots of entries starting "Sending OWServer broadcast ... INSERT INTO...VALUES ( 1, 3, 1402129257, 18,3125)" with no reporting af failures in the insert.

Question:
    How should I remedy to make my data written to the database?

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station 6.1.7601 Service Pack: 1.0
    HS3: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.96 (Windows) in trial mode
    Ultra1Wire3 HSPI:

Thanks in advance
    Hobitten
    I assume this is a regional setting issue (e.g. comma as decimal separator). I thought all of these issues were resolved. Can you tell me what your computer regional settings are so I can duplicate this issue?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hi Ultrajones

I live in Denmark, so my Regional settings are Danish, hence I use comma as decimal separator.

Regards
      Hobitten

Comment

Hi Ultrajones

Just a supplementary reply.
        I changed my country code to US, and now I have:
        Failures: 0
        Inserts: 1,830

Regards
        Hobitten

Comment

I don't have a "build chart button"

Your manual says to click the "Build Chart Button", but these is not one on my screen. I have 23 temp sensors. Is that screen covering up the "Build Chart" button?

I can't see any charts.

Comment

Originally posted by jfink View Post
            Your manual says to click the "Build Chart Button", but these is not one on my screen. I have 23 temp sensors. Is that screen covering up the "Build Chart" button?

I can't see any charts.
            It looks like I changed the button name to "Filter" during the last update. I need to fix that. In the mean time, can you see a "Filter" button from PLUG-INS > Ultra1Wire3 > Ultra1Wire3 > Charts?

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Pressed the "Filter" button

I pressed the "Filter" button, but nothing happens.
              I am uploading a screen shot of my screen
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jfink View Post
                I pressed the "Filter" button, but nothing happens.
                I am uploading a screen shot of my screen
                Wow, this is very odd. It's like your list of temperature sensors are consuming the entire graph space. Can you send me your ultra1wire3.db3 database located in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultra1wire3 to ultrajones@hotmail.com? I need to be able to duplicate what you're seeing in order to troubleshoot this issue.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                  Wow, this is very odd. It's like your list of temperature sensors are consuming the entire graph space. Can you send me your ultra1wire3.db3 database located in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultra1wire3 to ultrajones@hotmail.com? I need to be able to duplicate what you're seeing in order to troubleshoot this issue.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  I was able to duplicate this pretty easily. It's caused by using very long names to describe your sensors in addition to the number of sensors. You can easily fix this by using shorter names.

I'll need to modify the code so that the chart legend doesn't consume the entire graph space when 2 columns cannot be used due to the length of the sensor names.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Charts

Yes - that fixed it. I simply removed the 'Room" name "Ultra1wire3 Plugin" from each of my descriptions, and now the chart shows up just fine.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X