Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been having a look at doing this and if I add a "time at current location" child device then you would still need another virtual device to use as a triggered flag so that you could use it in an HS event triggered if time is > X otherwise the event would keep triggering once you had been at the same location for > X.

So, to keep things a bit tidier I was thinking maybe use a "Timed Out" type child device instead. Each user could have a time out value set and the new child device would change state if the user has been at the same location for X time and then change back when a new location comes in. This way you wouldn't need another virtual device.

Any thoughts?

Paul..

Comment

Either way seems like it would work perfectly, if you had a timed out value, if it could be adjustable (in settings) then I could set it to 15 minutes or whatever the appropriate value is and once its value changed to ON / True / Whatever I could trigger an event with a script to pull the latitude and longitude and process them which would work well.

The other option, a child device that shows time at current latitude/longitude would be another good one, as this may allow more flexibility in if value is equal to x then do this. The device could then be updated when the location changes and reset to 0, and I guess in your plugin it would just need to update the devices in some kind of a loop to say time is now x at current location (and maybe the device value represents the number of minutes at that place).

Cheers!
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
        Just been having a look at doing this and if I add a "time at current location" child device then you would still need another virtual device to use as a triggered flag so that you could use it in an HS event triggered if time is > X otherwise the event would keep triggering once you had been at the same location for > X.

So, to keep things a bit tidier I was thinking maybe use a "Timed Out" type child device instead. Each user could have a time out value set and the new child device would change state if the user has been at the same location for X time and then change back when a new location comes in. This way you wouldn't need another virtual device.

Any thoughts?

Paul..
        If you set both the device string and the device value, you can still trigger a HS event off of a the device value.

"IF PHLocation Time At Location changes and becomes 15" could be your trigger. That would only trigger once. But if the user did want it to trigger each minute they could select if device becomes greater than 15. That seems the most open to be used however the user wants and would only need one device.

I could set if device becomes greater than 30 and a condition of if location is Wal-Mart Then
        Send a Text. "Put the merchandise down and leave now."
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

I forgot about Changes and Becomes. Thanks Jeff.

I will try and get this implemented tomorrow. Initially I will go with the "Time At Current Location" option incrementing it every 1 minute until the location changes then resetting it to 0 and starting over.

Paul..

Comment

I have uploaded version 3.0.0.63 of the plug-in. Go to General Config in the plug-in menu and click Manual Update Check to get this version.

I have added a new "Time at Location" child device to the main User devices. This device is updated every 1 minute and works in units of minutes. If a new location comes in (determined by Min dist to move setting) then this device is reset to 0, however if a more accurate location but in the same vicinity comes in then the timer is not reset. The device value is also updated with the No of minutes.

The new device will be automatically added to any new users that you set up. For existing users, open the user parent device for editing, go to the PHL tab and click the "Rebuild Child Devices" button.

Paul..
            Attached Files

Comment

I setup an event that triggers on device value becomes. Set it to 10 and waited. I set the action to send an email. It triggered perfectly and only triggered once.

I changed the event to device value becomes in range 26..28.
              It worked exactly as I expected. I got 3 emails. One per minute. Then no more.

In the email I used.
              You have been at the same place for $$DVR:12: minutes.

12 is the device refid of my Time At Device. It worked.
              My email tells me how long I have been at the same place.

awesome new feature.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I second that, this is great.
                I am trialling BLgData at the moment and this is really going to help. I have it set for when the device value becomes 15 minutes then add a new entry into a specific historic calendar with the address, latitude and longitude and so on. It is working really well. I will next set up restrictions on when to do it (e.g. weekdays, 8m - 6pm) and it will make keeping track of which sites / jobs I go to really really easy .

Thanks for adding this so quickly!
                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments.

I'm currently in the process of trying to make the plug-in Linux-Friendly. Most of the work has been in changing from using an Access database to SQLite and allowing existing Windows users to keep any data already recorded.

Paul..

Comment

I've just uploaded v 3.0.0.64

With the new "Time at Location" device in the previous version, I neglected to take care of a situation where the plug-in was shut down and re-started. In this case the timer device would show an incorrect value. This is now fixed so when the plug-in is restarted it will correctly update the timer value.

NOTE:
                    It will take a true location change update (not just a more accurate same vicinity update) before the timer will represent the true time at location.

One other change is that the main user device "last change" value is not updated unless a true new location comes in. Previously the "last change" was also updated for more accurate same vicinity updates.

Paul..

Comment

Trying out PHLocation PlugIn with FollowMee

I downloaded and installed the latest version .64 of the plugIn this morning. I am trying to set it up with FollowMee. I have read thru the forum here and on Oct 18th you had a message with this is it.

"Currently it will work with the FollowMee service (Android and iOS) and Backitude (Android). FollowMee is supported by polling the FollowMee server for the latest location of a device (via an undocumented FM API which could be discontinued without notice) and Backitude is supported with direct device to plug-in via an aspx page so no third party server is needed."

I am running the FollowMee Deluxe Application on my Android phone. I have set up the FollowMee account and yesterday had it track me all day. Logging into my FollowMee account on the FollowMee web site I see the tracks.

When installing the PHLocation PlugIn it has in the General Settings area and then under PHL HTTP Server Settings the question for "Listening port No." I have my 12 Digit FollowMee Token, but I can not figure out where to see what this Port number should be or if it is needed with FollowMee?

I have attached the screen Shot of the Devices that were created and I can not get them to update or fill in.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks;

Mike
                      Attached Files

Comment

I've just uploaded version 3.0.0.65.

In this version I have fixed an issue where associations were not being set properly for child devices and another issue where the timer device was not working for newly added user devices.

To save having to delete and re-add all child devices the plug-in contains a 1-time automatic update facility to correct any existing devices. There should not be any issues with this procedure but to be sure please:

Take a full backup of your HS3 folder before installing the update:

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by mlehrer View Post
                          I downloaded and installed the latest version .64 of the plugIn this morning. I am trying to set it up with FollowMee. I have read thru the forum here and on Oct 18th you had a message with this is it.

"Currently it will work with the FollowMee service (Android and iOS) and Backitude (Android). FollowMee is supported by polling the FollowMee server for the latest location of a device (via an undocumented FM API which could be discontinued without notice) and Backitude is supported with direct device to plug-in via an aspx page so no third party server is needed."

I am running the FollowMee Deluxe Application on my Android phone. I have set up the FollowMee account and yesterday had it track me all day. Logging into my FollowMee account on the FollowMee web site I see the tracks.

When installing the PHLocation PlugIn it has in the General Settings area and then under PHL HTTP Server Settings the question for "Listening port No." I have my 12 Digit FollowMee Token, but I can not figure out where to see what this Port number should be or if it is needed with FollowMee?

I have attached the screen Shot of the Devices that were created and I can not get them to update or fill in.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks;

Mike
                          Mike, I responded by email.

Paul..

Comment

Hello,

Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I am trying to set up Backitude on the my Samsung phone, I have set it up and have the plugin set with my username, password and port.

On the phone, I have set backitude with the custom url (I have tried both server.comort/phlbackitude and also my local IPort/phlbackitude) but can't seem to get it to work.

I set it to basic auth, response code 202, the custom field 1 is the ID 101 and the field lower is the PHLID.

When I try to test, i just get an error to say update failed.

The usernames and passwords are fine, and there is no firewall on the server however the logs do not show any connection attempt

Comment

all good, I tried switching the port and it is up and running .

Thanks

Comment

I'm still getting zillions of these warnings:
                                Attached Files
                                HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                                Home Assistant 2024.3
                                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                                Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                                Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                                WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                                AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Working...
                                X