This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Can I request "not equal to"in the device comparison trigger? I use a whole load of events to control lighting and sometimes after a power cut or if a Z-Wave module misses a command etc. things can get out of sync. I would like to create an event that went:

If Device A's value <> Device B's value then set Device A= Device B (or whatever other action).

Then I can have a manually-run event that polls the lighting modules, then runs events like the one above and makes sure every light is on at the level it's supposed to be...

It would be great if there were a way to use a device value in an action by selecting a device by name from a drop-down rather than having to use replacement variables, which are subject to issues when devices are renamed/deleted & recreated eetc. and for readability of events later on when you come back to try and work out why something isn't behaving as you expected!

Thanks,

Jon.
    Last edited by Jon798; August 25, 2015, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon798 View Post
      Hi,

Can I request "not equal to"in the device comparison trigger? I use a whole load of events to control lighting and sometimes after a power cut or if a Z-Wave module misses a command etc. things can get out of sync. I would like to create an event that went:

If Device A's value <> Device B's value then set Device A= Device B (or whatever other action).

Then I can have a manually-run event that polls the lighting modules, then runs events like the one above and makes sure every light is on at the level it's supposed to be...

It would be great if there were a way to use a device value in an action by selecting a device by name from a drop-down rather than having to use replacement variables, which are subject to issues when devices are renamed/deleted & recreated eetc. and for readability of events later on when you come back to try and work out why something isn't behaving as you expected!

Thanks,

Jon.
      In version 3.0.0.12, I added "<>" (i.e. not equal to) as a possible operator for comparing device values

I will probably add the action you suggested in a future version as well

Comment

In version 3.0.0.13 I have added the "Set Device to another Device" action

Comment

That's a lot more convenient. Thanks.

Have you thought about the triggers in post #45 above?
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks - your response speed is very impressive!

Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              In version 3.0.0.13 I have added the "Set Device to another Device" action
              This is working well for me except I have a "Master Dimmer" virtual device, that controls 4 Cooper Z-Wave dimmers. When I use the device variable for the virtual device to set the values of the 4 dimmers to the virtual device, it works fine. The virtual device does not come up in the dropdown choices under devices when I use "Set device to another device". Under the native "Control a device" the virtual device is in the dropdown.

In the screenshot you can see that the virtual device is set to be controlled, but it does not show up in the Easy Trigger dropdown.
              Last edited by randy; August 27, 2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                This is working well for me except I have a "Master Dimmer" virtual device, that controls 4 cooper Z-Wave dimmers. When I use the device variable for the virtual device to set the values of the 4 dimmers to the virtual device, it works fine. The virtual device does not come up in the dropdown choices under devices when I use "Set device to another device". Under the native "Control a device" the virtual device is in the dropdown.

In the screenshot you can see that the virtual device is set to be controlled, but it does not show up in the Easy Trigger dropdown.
                If you have created or renamed this device recently, you need to restart the plugin. The list of devices is built internally at start up.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  If you have created or renamed this device recently, you need to restart the plugin. The list of devices is built internally at start up.
                  Thanks, I actually knew that and have told other people. But, of course when it happens to me, I forget

I've graduated from CRS, I now have CRAFT

Comment

I have another trigger request that came up in another thread.

Provide a range option and not equal option for "This device has been/for at least..." or "This device has been/for exactly...".

That would allow triggering of events when a light has been in a dimmed condition for a certain period of time. For example:

IF Device has been not equal to OFF for exactly 5m, 0s -or-
                    IF Device has been not equal to OFF for at least 5m, 0s -or-
                    IF Device has been a value in the range of 1% to ON for exactly 5m, 0s -or-
                    IF Device has been a value in the range of 1% to ON for at least 5m, 0s
                    in version 3.0.0.17 available here I have added the following triggers:
                    "This device's value has been in range [X,Y] for exactly..."
                    "This device's value has NOT been in range [X,Y] for exactly..."

Click image for larger version

Name:	hasbeentrigger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1180550

Comment

Can we rename schedule names?
                      Can we make copies of schedules to be used as a base to modify?
                      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                        Can we rename schedule names?
                        Can we make copies of schedules to be used as a base to modify?
                        You can't rename them, but you can create a new schedule and copy and paste the text from an existing schedule to the new one. That would serve both purposes, it could rename an existing schedule, or be used as a template then altered in the new schedule.
                        Last edited by randy; October 12, 2015, 10:52 AM.

Comment

You ca't rename them, but you can create a new schedule and copy and paste the text from an existing schedule to the new one. That would serve both purposes, it could rename an existing schedule, or be used as a template then altered in the new schedule.
                          D'oh!

Thanks

I guess the only downside is that if the schedule is already referred to by events, you'll have to change those events to point to the newly created instance.
                          HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

I would like to see a three Triggers for
                            1. The devices Status does not change for a period of time" then a selector for days/hours/minutes/seconds.
                            2. The devices Value does not change for a period of time" then a selector for days/hours/minutes/seconds.
                            3. The devices String does not change for a period of time" then a selector for days/hours/minutes/seconds.

It seems this would make adding watchdog/heartbeat checks much easier to accomplish.

Comment

are there any plans to make it so you can compare values from timers and/or counters with the comparison feature or should i set them up using the strings and variables?
                              i would like to have events that check to see if timer A is less than timer B so you can tell if someone is going into or out of a room.

Comment

Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
                                are there any plans to make it so you can compare values from timers and/or counters with the comparison feature or should i set them up using the strings and variables?
                                i would like to have events that check to see if timer A is less than timer B so you can tell if someone is going into or out of a room.
                                In recent versions of HS3, timers and counters now appear as HS devices, so you can use the trigger/condition "Comparison between 2 device values"

Comment

Working...
                                X