HS equivalents to Vera plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS equivalents to Vera plugins

I'm currently evaluating HS3 and have gotten the system up and running and paired a couple of different Z-wave devices, gotten my RFXtrx to work, set up a few events etc.

Coming from Vera I'm now trying to find equivalent plugins from I've used before. I have found a few plugins already but would be happy for a few pointers which HS plugins that are most suitable to replace the rest of my Vera ones (or if I should solve it some other way).

Google Calendar 3
    Smart Virtual Thermostat
    MultiSwitch
    dataMine2
    Garage Door
    NorthQ Watt Calculator (getting the current consumption)
    VeraAlerts

Thanks in advance.

/Fred

Long time since I used my Vera Lite but for Datamine2 I think Jon00's Database Charting for HS3 may be worth a look.

And for alerts I use the Pushover plugin ( http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163974 ).

Both of them you have to download and install manually.

Comment

Pushover for alerts. There are Google calendar plugins out there too. The rest looks like it can be done with virtual devices.

Best to tell us what you are wanting to do in some cases and we can help that way.

I came from Vera almost 2 years ago now and won't look back.

Vera and HS don't even belong in the same product space.

Comment

For the Garage Door, there is some information in this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180180
        Jon

Comment

I use Aeon Labs latest z-wave energy meter (less than $100), with the built in z-wave plugin, and energy monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
            I use Aeon Labs latest z-wave energy meter (less than $100), with the built in z-wave plugin, and energy monitor.
            +1
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Let me explain what I use my plugins for and would like to do in HS.

Google Calendar 3: Trigger events when finding matching calendar entries, for example turning on/off my car heater, entering vacation mode etc. It's also possible to look into the future when next calendar entry will happen and trigger the event x mins before. This could for example be used for turning on the car heather x mins before leaving for work where x depends on outside temperature.

Smart Virtual Thermostat: I use this one to automatically turn on/off both my garage radiator (by an on/off Aeon relay) and indoor floor heating (by two Fibaro RGBW modules). It uses indoor and optional outdoor temp together with an algorithm to find the optimal heating schema. An inhibit sensor may disable the thermostat/heating. For the floor heating I have one plugin per actuator and also one for the circulation pump. If the heating pump is not producing heat (summer time) a relay will be turned off and work as inhibit sensor for the circulation pump and all thermostats. "Normal" and "Economy" modes are selectable with different set points.

MultiSwitch: One plugin with eight virtual on/off switches. I use it for example for Night, Away and Vacation mode.

dataMine2: I want to be able to log all kinds of sensor data, power consumption etc. and save the data on a network drive. I would also like the data to be published on web pages and shown in ImperiHome if possible. I really like the way ImperiHome presents the dataMine graphs but I assume that this is not possible with any other logging tool.

Garage Door: Creates a virtual door lock and uses a door or tilt sensor to identify if the garage door is opened (unlocked) or closed (locked). It uses a relay switch to send a pulse to the garage door opener which triggers the garage door to start opening/closing.

NorthQ Watt Calculator: I have two NorthQ devices that measures the LED "blinks" which makes them very accurate. What this plugin does is to calculate the average watts consumed between two reports from the NorthQ device (the device only reports total consumption).

VeraAlerts: Send e-mail and push to IOS/Android devices to report events or device properties of choosing.

Comment

1) There is Blades plugin called BLGData or some scripts I wrote for Google Calendar, I've never used Blades plugin but it is going to be undoubtedly easier to use than the scripts I wrote (http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166320) which have a lerning curve.

2) Think there was recent talk of this but not one there that I am aware of, with a combination of virtual devices and events I would imagine you could get most of this functionality.

3) You don't need a plugin in HS for this, HS enables you to create as many virtual devices as you need and going into the status graphics tab when you create a device will enable you to add or change the title of values.

4) Pass on that one...Jon00 has a plugin I know that but in terms of getting the data into Imperihome I don't know what it needs.

5) Again in HS a combination of events and virtual devices will probably fill this gap.

6) I've not seen a script/plugin for this but searching around you might find one.

7) There is the plugin I wrote for Pushover or there are ones in the updater for Pushbullet (and another one I think), each will have their pros and cons.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your feedback. mrhappy.

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                  1) There is Blades plugin called BLGData or some scripts I wrote for Google Calendar, I've never used Blades plugin but it is going to be undoubtedly easier to use than the scripts I wrote (http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166320) which have a lerning curve.
                  Great, I will check out BLGdata for a start.

2) Think there was recent talk of this but not one there that I am aware of, with a combination of virtual devices and events I would imagine you could get most of this functionality.
                  I haven't found anything while searching so I will post in the HVAC section and see if I can get any hints.

The plugin I'm using with Vera is this one: http://www.antor.fr/apps/smart-virtu...t-eng/?lang=en. Quite nice.

3) You don't need a plugin in HS for this, HS enables you to create as many virtual devices as you need and going into the status graphics tab when you create a device will enable you to add or change the title of values.
                  I will check this out as I learn HS.

4) Pass on that one...Jon00 has a plugin I know that but in terms of getting the data into Imperihome I don't know what it needs.
                  I've installed Jon00's plugin and will give it a try.

I also found that you may select "graph" for each sensor that is setup in the ImperiHome plugin. The historical data is then shown in ImperiHome. I haven't figured out yet where the data is saved or for how long.

5) Again in HS a combination of events and virtual devices will probably fill this gap.
                  I will try this.

6) I've not seen a script/plugin for this but searching around you might find one.
                  I probably can create a virtual device and write a simple script myself. Good way to learn scripting in HS.

7) There is the plugin I wrote for Pushover or there are ones in the updater for Pushbullet (and another one I think), each will have their pros and cons.
                  Looks great!

Comment

Now not so fast yet!!!!

Think big!,more! and all the above. Picture this; if indeed you are looking for more functionality then one guy here :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178571 created the ultimate plugin for HomeSeer interfacing with Jeedom. I have just started with it but the French gets to much in way. There is also solution for that if you use Window 10 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...r/9wzdncrfj3pg i.e navigation is easier if you use dual monitors so can see with ease what you are translating. (I use an extra wide monitor)

One sad thing I noticed though is, his forum is somewhat hiden from much of the HomeSeer users unless you went looking for it

Now that said, that plugin is worth loosing sleep over and I think it's one of the cheapest in the updater.

Eman.
                    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
                      Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Let me explain what I use my plugins for and would like to do in HS.

Smart Virtual Thermostat: I use this one to automatically turn on/off both my garage radiator (by an on/off Aeon relay) and indoor floor heating (by two Fibaro RGBW modules). It uses indoor and optional outdoor temp together with an algorithm to find the optimal heating schema. An inhibit sensor may disable the thermostat/heating. For the floor heating I have one plugin per actuator and also one for the circulation pump. If the heating pump is not producing heat (summer time) a relay will be turned off and work as inhibit sensor for the circulation pump and all thermostats. "Normal" and "Economy" modes are selectable with different set points.
                      I would recommend looking into BLStat for all your HVAC needs. I am coming from Vera, been on HS3 for 3 months now and never looked back. The functionality of BLStat you would never get on Vera. I have quite a few TRVs, and have different schedules which I load depending on outside and inside temperatures etc. This can probably easily do what you need and a lot more.
                      I do everything Vera alerts did with Pushover. That works quite well and is very easy to use.

Comment

Plugin for Global Cache 100

I have an old one of these on my vera system that i literally use for about 5 IR codes (on/off, mute and Vol up/down).

Is $40 my only solution?

EDIT: that one was actually on sale. $20 easier to swallow :-)
                        Last edited by Tomgru; November 14, 2016, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X