Updating to Latest Build Reset all Status Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating to Latest Build Reset all Status Graphics

I had taken the time to go and change status graphics for my Arm Up/Arming Status and so on.

Updating to the latest build reset them all. That was unfortunate.

Expected for every update? or Just this time? I'm a new user of the plug-in, I didn't know this was likely to happen or I'd not have bothered.

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
    I had taken the time to go and change status graphics for my Arm Up/Arming Status and so on.

Updating to the latest build reset them all. That was unfortunate.

Expected for every update? or Just this time? I'm a new user of the plug-in, I didn't know this was likely to happen or I'd not have bothered.
    Just had the same happen for all my lamp devices. I had set them to \classic\on.gif and now they have reset to \status\on.gif
    Do I change them back or will this keep happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Frogstar Warrior View Post
      Just had the same happen for all my lamp devices. I had set them to \classic\on.gif and now they have reset to \status\on.gif
      Do I change them back or will this keep happening?
      The proper foldor for all icons is \status\. When you select an icon set, that folder is copied to \status\. If you select classic on the custom page, \status\ will be filled from the \classic\ folder.

The downside is that every update to the core HS3 program will ovewrite your icons if you have customized any.

I created a new folder called "mycustom", copied the contents of the contemporary folder into the new one. Then I edited setname.txt to have a single entry of "My Custom" instead of "Contemporary". I make all my changes to default and custom icons in that folder, then copy them to the status folder when I am done. That way I retain all my changes with upgrades to HS3. I fixed the "auto" icon, changed the off to black instead of grey. I have made several dozen changes while still keeping the new style.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        The proper foldor for all icons is \status\. When you select an icon set, that folder is copied to \status\. If you select classic on the custom page, \status\ will be filled from the \classic\ folder.

The downside is that every update to the core HS3 program will ovewrite your icons if you have customized any.

I created a new folder called "mycustom", copied the contents of the contemporary folder into the new one. Then I edited setname.txt to have a single entry of "My Custom" instead of "Contemporary". I make all my changes to default and custom icons in that folder, then copy them to the status folder when I am done. That way I retain all my changes with upgrades to HS3. I fixed the "auto" icon, changed the off to black instead of grey. I have made several dozen changes while still keeping the new style.
        Sounds like a good system I will have to try that myself.
        Also, good explanation of how the symbols work. I won't make the same mistake again.
        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogstar Warrior View Post
          Sounds like a good system I will have to try that myself.
          Also, good explanation of how the symbols work. I won't make the same mistake again.
          Thanks.
          Also whenever you update HS3 it will default to Contemporary, so you will need to a) change back to your icons on the custom page and b) clear your browser cache.

There are other nuances of which to beware - there is a mixture of .gif and .png images for legacy support. All of the newer images are .png, but a lot of stock icons remain as .gif files for legacy support.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X