X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lollipop version working well, just as fast as HSTouch.
    Keep up the great work.

Comment

+1 for Windows 8.1 app

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
        I got time to release a small update over the weekend, which is the ability to quickly take an action on a device without having to navigate to the device details page....
        I downloaded and installed the android version for a general android OS on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It works very well! Thank you for making this app and allowing us to use it.

Elliott
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

New release: v1.0.6

Thank you all for the feedback you've been sending through board messages and from within the app.
          I have just published a small update to address a couple of common requests:

Hiding devices
          1. Go into the device details view by tapping on a device from the device list.
          2. There is a new setting Hide from view. When checked, device will not be shown by default in the list.

Multi-selecting devices
          1. At the top of the list of devices tap on the checkbox icon to start selecting multiple devices
          2. Select one or more devices and use the buttons at the top to modify all selected devices at once

• Tap on the heart icon to add them to favorites (or remove them if you are in the favorites list)
          • Tap on the eye icon to hide them (or un-hide them if you are currently viewing hidden devices)
          • Tap on the information icon to select when to show information for each device:

Note: When choosing Default the app will only show status for the device when its current value does not map uniquely to a status image. For example: on/off devices will not show text status, dimmed devices will show text status when their value is other than 0% or 100%, etc.

Builds

iOS
          Send me a PM if you are a new user as iOS requires device authorization

Android (all versions)

Android (Lollipop or newer)

Comment

Another update: v1.0.7

Ready for download is a new version of the app with 2 new features:
            • Enabling connection to the ASCII port in HS3. When this is enabled, the app is updated real-time as devices change their values. You can can forward the ASCII port on your router if you want to access it from outside your home network. This feature does not work through MyHomeSeer unfortunately.
            • Collapse groups of devices and events in the list view. Individual groups can be collapsed and there's also an option to collapse all. Combined with the ability to hide devices (added on v1.0.6) I hope this improves usability of the app for people with many devices.

I really appreciate all the feedback so far. Please let me know if you run into any issues with the new features. Ideas for new features are welcome as well

Screenshots

Collapsed device groups and new options button:

Options menu:

ASCII port settings under Server:

Builds

iOS

Android (all versions)

Comment

Nice work!

Upon restart of the application or refresh, could it remember the collapsing for events and devices as it was last time? At a minimum a configuration option to select if initially collapsed or not would be great.

I selected the option to hide one event group, but the group and events still should up in the event list.

An option to rearrange the order of items in the device or event favorites would be welcome.

Comment

+1 on remembering last open. I have 32 rooms and thousands of devices. It took 15 minutes just to collapse everything. Even with everything collapsed, I have some rooms with hundreds of devices. It is still very sluggish with those larger rooms.

Other than slowness, this is exactly what I have been looking for...however if the speed issue can't be fixed then it will be unusable.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
                  +1 on remembering last open. I have 32 rooms and thousands of devices. It took 15 minutes just to collapse everything. Even with everything collapsed, I have some rooms with hundreds of devices. It is still very sluggish with those larger rooms.

Other than slowness, this is exactly what I have been looking for...however if the speed issue can't be fixed then it will be unusable.

So, color me intrigued... Might I humbly request a picture of this room? It must be massive to have so many devices! Unless you use the 'room' designation for alternate purposes like many of us do. I am thinking you must be doing some cool stuff that would give us ideas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Request for feedback

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post

I would like to run your scenario locally to figure out ways to speed things up in the app. Could you send me a feedback report through the app? In the app, go to the area that is slow (I presume the devices list) and shake the phone, that should bring up a dialog to submit feedback (unless you previously disabled that behavior in the feedback settings).

Thanks you!
                    Antonio.

Comment

New version: 1.0.8

A new build is available for download. The following are the most notable features:

Device list settings

1. Start with all device groups collapsed by default (does not remember collapsed state across app restarts, but hopefully it's an improvement )
                      2. Show or hide the favorite devices tab
                      3. Show favorite devices as a flat list (no grouping)

Drag and drop favorites

4. When the favorite list is shown flat, an additional option shows in the context menu: Change order

5. When selected, each item shows a handle next to it. Drag each device from its handle to set the desired order of the list.

The order is persisted across app restarts. The custom order is only applicable when list is shown flat, if grouping is re-enabled alphabetical order is the default for now.

Other changes
                      • Fix event filtering. It was broken with the last update.
                      • Fix couple areas in the app where settings were not persisted.
                      • Minor performance improvements.

Builds

iOS

Android (all versions)

Feedback

If you run into an issue or weird behavior in the app, shake your phone from the screen you're at and fill in the information in the feedback report screen that shows up.

Suggestions for new features are welcome through the app or through the board.

Coming next

3D Touch for iOS: Launch into a device page, control a device or run an event from the home screen.

Comment

Thanks for the update and will give it a try. I have around a 1000 devices and response time is quite different when using a local connection versys MyHomeSeer. Would it be possible to optionally automatically switch between Direct and MyHomeseer connection? For example try the Direct first (which owuld then also enable camera support) and if it fails switch to MyHomeseer?

Comment

Ha! I'm just a nut, here are most of the devices I'm controlling: I have 88 Leviton Light Switches, 81 Insteon Dual control outlets, Rachio sprinkler, 12 Insteon Fanlincs, 2 Xbox Ones, 4 TiVo's, 32 Insteon Door Sensors, 12 Vivotek Security Cameras, Roomba 980, 15 Aeon Labs gen 5 multi sensors, 2 Flic remotes, 12 Insteon mini motes, 3 HUE Lightstrips, 75 HUE A7 lights, 2 HUE bridges, 8 HUE Taps, 32 Zone DSC alarm system, 1 Robomow RS622, 4 Amazon Echo's, 11 Sonos speakers (2 Playbars, 2 Subs, 3 Play:1, 4 Play:3), 2 water flow sensors, 1 Leak Gopher, Aeon Labs 3rd gen Energy Meter.

These all break down into several 1000 devices depending on the plugin; for instance the JowiHue plugin creates 4 devices for every bulb.

I'm sure I forgot something, and right now I'm running 41 licensed plugins in HS3 pro.
                          This runs on a 12 Core Intel Xeon, 128GB ECC, 72TB, ASUS X99-E WS.

If you want more details I'm happy to share. I really should put my goods in my signature like everyone else...

Almost forgot 2 ZNet (Zwave) controllers, Insteon PLM, 2 Insteon extenders.

You also asked about all the rooms. I create rooms for the closets, outdoors, stairway etc, as these all have HUE bulbs, may have sensors, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                            Which version would be best to prioritize for Windows, between 8.1 and 10, for both mobile and tablet/PC? Is 8.1 still the most common phone OS version or is the upgrade to 10 available for most devices already? Is anyone left behind with Windows Phone 8.0 that cannot upgrade to 8.1?

I plan to work on the port to both Win8.1 and Win10 (and maybe wp8), just checking which one to do first
                            Ooooh, since this will be a Universal app, does it mean that this app will work on Windows 10 (PC) and XboxOne one too?

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                              Thanks for the update and will give it a try. I have around a 1000 devices and response time is quite different when using a local connection versys MyHomeSeer. Would it be possible to optionally automatically switch between Direct and MyHomeseer connection? For example try the Direct first (which owuld then also enable camera support) and if it fails switch to MyHomeseer?
                              Thanks pcp. I have this in the list of improvements to look at - I was also thinking about having rules based on what WiFi the phone is connected to (as in use Direct connection when connected to home WiFi but MyHomeSeer otherwise).

I also have plans to work on a plugin for camera integration to make it a little more stable -I find that the ASPX page stops working occasionally on my server, I'm afraid it may be doing the same for other people.

Comment

Version 1.0.9 available

I've been busy at work lately but I finally had a chance to finish up a few changes I had been working on. New build is available for download now - just follow the links below.

What's new
                                1. 3D Touch actions for iOS devices
                                2. New views for devices: By location and Search
                                3. New toolbars in device views for quick management of devices
                                4. Performance improvements for the device views
                                5. Auto-scroll when dragging favorites past the top or bottom of the list
                                6. Several bug fixes

Builds

iOS

Android (all versions)

Screenshots

• Top toolbar, activated by tapping on the ... button at the top right corner
                                • Options available for multi-selecting devices, collapsing and expanding device groups, showing visible or hidden devices, drag/drop devices (favorites list only - see v1.0.8 release notes)

• Bottom toolbar displays when in multi-select mode.
                                • Options available to add/remove from favorites, show/hide device, change displayed information per-device

• By location view. First level shows only location names (selectable by user), second level shows devices within that location.
                                • This behavior is closer to HSTouch and may perform a little better for servers with many devices.

• Search view. Allows you to search for devices in any location.
                                • Switch between hidden or visible devices using the eye button in the action bar.

• 3D Touch shortcuts. Shortcuts can be set for multiple sections of the app, controlling devices, or triggering events.
                                • Add a shortcut by tapping on the + button at the top right corner.
                                • Tap on an item to edit the title/subtitle that show on the home screen, or to delete the shortcut.

What's next
                                1. Update Events and Camera views to match recent changes made for Devices
                                2. Ability to manage multiple servers from the app
                                3. HS3 plug-in to better integrate with cameras

Feedback

Running into issues with the app? You have an idea that would make the app more useful? Shake your phone while running the app and fill in the information in the screen that shows up. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X