Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I trigger coming home timer from an event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I trigger coming home timer from an event?

I have one door from the garage that has a z-wave sensor on it. I never got around to adding it to the caddx system with a proper sensor.

When coming from the outside the alarm "coming home" timer is triggered by the garage doors that do have caddx sensors - so you can't get into the house without setting the alarm off.

However, when armed - stay and we are in the house I would like the opening of this door to trigger the timer, requiring input of the code in the keypads, when opened from the inside.

So I want to trigger an event that triggers the alarm system. I only see Arm, Arm - Away and Disarm as actions, and toggle chime. Is there any way to trigger the coming home routine with warning beeper and requiring the code be entered? Thanks.

Bump on this one - Anyone know if there is a way to trigger the alarm system through an event? Thanks.

Comment

Bump on this - anyone know if there is a way to trigger a fault in the Caddx panel from a sensor that is outside of the Caddx ecosystem? In this case I have a wave sensor on an internal door to the garage - and if it is opened I want it to do the same thing as if any exterior door was opened - setting off the timer to request the code be entered on the keypad.

Comment

I think you would have to use a secondary z-wave relay like this: https://www.amazon.com/Qubino-Z-Wave...gateway&sr=8-8 or something similar.

You would connect the dry contacts to a zone in your Caddx and use a Homeseer event to trigger the contacts when the garage door is opened.

Comment

Working...
        X