AV Control - Is this the right place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AV Control - Is this the right place?

I want to be able to send RF signals to HS to control my AV equipment. I bought a Sony Blu-Ray that has apps on it, including Pandora. It would be nice to be able to send one command and change the source input on the tv, turn on the Blu-Ray, select Pandora, make sure the amplifier is on and the source on my amp is set to play from the Blu-Ray.

I thought that since each device has an RF remote, it might be possible.

If it is, please give me some pretty detailed instructions. I'm not that bright. But I'm sure I would need some sort of plug-in such as this one? and I'd need some sort of IR transmitter (is this a transmitter: WF2IR - Wifi to IR Controller (Global Cache)?).

I enjoy reading the message board. Thanks for the information.

Sorry, I missed this post. The WF2IR can control up to 3 devices. One of the IR outputs can also be used as an IR blaster allowing control of more than 3 devices. However, this setup would require you to combine the IR commands for multiple devices.

Using HomeSeer, UltraGCIR HSPI and the GlobalCache WF2IR you could create a HomeSeer event to turn on your equipment and set the proper inputs. However, it may be challenging to create a HomeSeer event to send IR signals to your Blu-ray player to select Pandora (as this action requires you to navigate to it).

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
    X