Need information on connecting the 2 sets of stereo inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need information on connecting the 2 sets of stereo inputs

I just purchased an ab8ss and cannot find any information on connecting the 2 inputs on the unit.

I have a technics AV receiver for one of the inputs and want to use my homeseer pc for the other input. Should I just connect the pc audio out to the CD channel in on the receiver and then just use the receiver for both inputs.

How do you wire the inputs on the AB8ss unit?

Do you just use an Audio out from the AMP using standard RCA jacks and then cut the other ends to wire into the inputs on the AB8ss unit?

What is the best method to use for the switching of speakers?

Input selection can be made by Infrared remote control, X-10 command (TW-523 required) or direct serial commands (sample QBASIC program).

Can the TW-523 be used with no custom programming to control the ab8ss for homeseer?

Please see, http://www.hacs.com/ --- This is the website that supports the hardware.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I don't think anyone uses that site.

I posted a message a week ago. no response.

Anyone who has wired up an AB8ss unit, there input would be appreciated.

Specifically, how you wired the 2 inputs on the unit.

Comment

xtec,
        Ray (www.hacs.com) does support the product via that site, best way to contact him is email or IM.

Have you figured out how to connect your stereo to the ab8ss yet? if not, I'd be glad to help. the way you do it depends on the connections on your stereo/amp, and how exactly you plan on using your ab8ss, so if you need help, i'm glad to ask those questions and get you answers.

Ian
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

The AB8SS inputs are speaker level, which means they should be driven from the amplifier's speaker outputs and not audio (line level) outputs.

If your computer sound card provides amplified outputs (doesn't require amplified speakers like the newer sound blaster cards), you can connect it directly to the A or B amplifier input. If not, you'll need a separate amplifier OR connect the line level to your Technics receiver and use it's infrared commands to select which source is sent to the speaker outputs.

Connect the Technics speaker A outputs (left and right) to the AB8SS input A left and right. Then connect your speakers to one of the AB8SS speaker outputs. You should connect speaker pairs in order (output 1, then 2, etc...)

I use the WAF AB8SS plugin for switching, which works fine for me.

Comment

Working...
          X