• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You!!

-ron

Comment

Hello,

I have v5.0 Icon 2876DB switches which I received from Smarthome as warranty replacements. Even with this latest plugin, I receive the following message: "Unknown Device Type 011E", if I manually add them.

When I try to swap out my old devices, I receive a message that they are not compatible.

Is there something that I can update, or do I have to wait for the next revision?

Thanks,

Greg

Comment

You can't swap unlike devices. And I'll need to add the new devtype to The next rel
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I guess that the dev/cat type changed based on the new switch revision. Do you have any idea when I could expect a new release.

Thank you very much for your work with this.

I really don't like the idea of going with the ISY and would like to stay local.

Thanks,

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by gh4un View Post
            I guess that the dev/cat type changed based on the new switch revision. Do you have any idea when I could expect a new release.

Thank you very much for your work with this.

I really don't like the idea of going with the ISY and would like to stay local.

Thanks,

Greg
            Greg, post a msg on my visitor page with your email and tonight i will send you an intermediate build to support the new device.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark:

Since you have sort of a relationship now with Smarthome, how come they can't give you the information that you need in advance on any new item? This way you can update the code without someone telling you they have a new item.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by skozin View Post
                Mark:

Since you have sort of a relationship now with Smarthome, how come they can't give you the information that you need in advance on any new item? This way you can update the code without someone telling you they have a new item.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
                Steve
                I have access to their beta product xml file (associated with houselinc) but have not spent a lot of time looking for the "new" items. The main reason is i am still playing catchup on products that are already on the market
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Well keep up the great work. My system has been running without any problems since you took over the plugin.

Thanks again for all the awesome programming!!!!!

Comment

Is there any way i can get the intermediate build i also have the same issue wih my Icon 2876DB switches being reconized as Unknown Device Type 011E.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by joeh2056 View Post
                      Is there any way i can get the intermediate build i also have the same issue wih my Icon 2876DB switches being reconized as Unknown Device Type 011E.

Thanks.
                      please post a request to my visitor page with your email and what version (plm or plc) you need
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Confirmed problem(s) with 1.3

I was using 1.3 since the day you released it and having all sorts of issues.

I'd notice that sometime after starting HS 'looked' like everything was working (logged all incoming and outgoing) but the lights never responded. I suspect that the plugin was not sending the signal to the devices.

Then I tried tap-add my ApplianceLinc. It would see the address but could never program it... no matter where in the home I put it.

Then I noticed that HS hung on shutdown, at the Insteon line in the log, every time. I had to kill the process. I verified this 5 times.

Tonight I went back to 1.2.3.4 and all is well again, no problems - it programmed my ApplianceLinc and all is well.

There is definitely an issue or 2 with 1.3

Comment

Originally posted by alevey View Post
                          I was using 1.3 since the day you released it and having all sorts of issues.

I'd notice that sometime after starting HS 'looked' like everything was working (logged all incoming and outgoing) but the lights never responded. I suspect that the plugin was not sending the signal to the devices.

Then I tried tap-add my ApplianceLinc. It would see the address but could never program it... no matter where in the home I put it.

Then I noticed that HS hung on shutdown, at the Insteon line in the log, every time. I had to kill the process. I verified this 5 times.

Tonight I went back to 1.2.3.4 and all is well again, no problems - it programmed my ApplianceLinc and all is well.

There is definitely an issue or 2 with 1.3
                          Aaron,
                          I need a little more info. I'll check on the shutdown issue.

did you every try manually adding the applinc? please post the ini section for the appl linc.

which interface are using plc or plm?
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                            did you every try manually adding the applinc? please post the ini section for the appl linc.

which interface are using plc or plm?
                            Yes. It makes no difference... adding was fine, event tap-add worked. BUT reading the link and programming for homeseer never worked, It never connects to the device, only keeps making attempts.

PLM

- once I moved back to 1.2.3.4, not a single issue.

Comment

Originally posted by alevey View Post
                              Yes. It makes no difference... adding was fine, event tap-add worked. BUT reading the link and programming for homeseer never worked, It never connects to the device, only keeps making attempts.

PLM

- once I moved back to 1.2.3.4, not a single issue.
                              could you post the ini section for the device in question and

do you have any debug logs of the link reading session you could post?

i have the following appliancelinc and everything seems to work. is yours different?

DeviceType=0209
                              FirmwareVer=32
                              Protocol=2
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                                could you post the ini section for the device in question and

do you have any debug logs of the link reading session you could post?

i have the following appliancelinc and everything seems to work. is yours different?

DeviceType=0209
                                FirmwareVer=32
                                Protocol=2
                                no log but here's the config...

GroupLinkAddress 1=8
                                GroupLinkAddress 2=9
                                GroupLinkAddress 3=10
                                GroupLinkAddress 4=11
                                GroupLinkAddress 5=12
                                GroupLinkAddress 6=13
                                ChannelName6=
                                NoChannelSync=0