This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests

I am starting this thread because I am losing track of the feature requests in the other large thread.

Please re-post your feature requests here so I can track them easier.
    Thx
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Blade, great plugin:
    Be able to alert when the battery is running low on a 2GIG Thermostat
    Be able to setpoint based on the outside temperature. Someone on the other post suggested that you are already working on this. I'm not sure if this makes sense but I would like to bring the temperature gradually from a night temperature of 64 to 66 in the morning on different times and on different temperatures outside.
    Fix the problem when the plugin is saying heating when is actually not. (This is not an issue with your plugin but I think with the thermostat)
    Be able to set multiple schedules instead of just day, evening and night.
    Graphical display of temperature
    Change the device name from "Thermostat 1" to the name of the thermostat, mine is family room thermostat

Below is the print screen of the thermostat status that indicates that is heating instead of idle
    No.Supports
    StatTempHeat SPCool SPModeFanRun/HoldOperatingSupports
    Cool SPSupports
    DirectSupports
    HoldSupports
    Hold OverrideSupports
    AuxSupports
    OperatingNo. of
    Setbacks1 Yes 66 64 66HeatAuto (Idle)Hold HeatingYesYesYesNoYesYes0
    Thanks and Happy New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
      Be able to alert when the battery is running low on a 2GIG Thermostat
      I do not see a HS API call for this. Since I do not own the z-wave SDK (and at $1500 I likely will never own it) I have to rely on the HS api for control

Be able to setpoint based on the outside temperature. Someone on the other post suggested that you are already working on this. I'm not sure if this makes sense but I would like to bring the temperature gradually from a night temperature of 64 to 66 in the morning on different times and on different temperatures outside.
      You should be able to do this with events and whatever outside temperature device you are using.

Fix the problem when the plugin is saying heating when is actually not. (This is not an issue with your plugin but I think with the thermostat)
      The new build has the ability to have the plugin control the operating state status which should fix the issue with it always saying Heating. Mine does that too and it is an issue with the HS api.

Be able to set multiple schedules instead of just day, evening and night.
      You can set multiple schedules in the newer builds

Graphical display of temperature
      This is not going to happen. That is what HSTouch and MainLobby are for.

Change the device name from "Thermostat 1" to the name of the thermostat, mine is family room thermostat
      Not going to happen because of a limit in device name max size in the HS database
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Blade,

Could you post all the outstanding thing you have left to work on so that We don't have to list all the same items again.

Happy New years

Bigmack

Comment

Are these new builds already in your new beta or implementing as we speak?

I'm using MStemperature and I have an outside temperature, how would you use an event to do that?

P.S. It would be nice if you have a topic on the top a "Pin" that has a link to your beta plugin and the documentation. I had to scroll down topics and topics before I found the link to your exe plugin. The documentation will allow people to read about the plugin before installing it, just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
          Aldo

Comment

The beta is always in the first post of this thread

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145541
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

I'm using MStemperature and I have an outside temperature, how would you use an event to do that?
              Aldo
              You would need to use an MCSTemperature trigger on the outside temperature and use the BLStat event actions to do what you want.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Hi Blade,
                Thank you for your fast reply.
                Could you implement some kind of alerts that notifies if the thermostat is not working properly?

Thanks,
                Aldo

Comment

Hi Blade,
                  Thank you for your fast reply.
                  Could you implement some kind of alerts that notifies if the thermostat is not working properly?

Thanks,
                  Aldo
                  What would not be working?
                  Can you give an example?
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

This is one of the example. When the battery goes down I get similar messages. Right now I have two thermostats running on battery and I'm replacing the battery twice a month.
                    1/1/2011 8:49:06 PM ZWave Thermostats Aborting poll of this thermostat due to and error retrieving the temperature. Node: 4
                    1/1/2011 8:49:06 PM ERROR Timeout waiting for send abort to complete

I also noted that if I hold the setpoint via the Run/Hold Mode and I change manually the temperature, it will not reset the hold status.

I also need to read your manual for more details but it seems that the max setpoint is not working properly. I changed the temperature to 80 above the 70 setpoint and it does not change it back, do I need to wait thru the manual setpoint to expire or the 120 seconds poll of thermostats?.

Thanks,
                    Aldo

Comment

I also need to read your manual for more details but it seems that the max setpoint is not working properly. I changed the temperature to 80 above the 70 setpoint and it does not change it back, do I need to wait thru the manual setpoint to expire or the 120 seconds poll of thermostats?.
                      I do not have anything in the plugin for a min and max setpoint value.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

I also noted that if I hold the setpoint via the Run/Hold Mode and I change manually the temperature, it will not reset the hold status.
                        Thanks,
                        Aldo
                        If you have the stat in hold in the plugin then any manual change in setpoint should force it back to the hold setpoint
                        Are you saying this is not happening?
                        If not then please capture a debug log of this in the plugin and email me the BLStat-Detailed.log file (ZIPPED)
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Blade,

I only have Three Items Left on my List.

1) Is there a way to keep track of how much oil/gas you are burning for each day/week/month using the run time for each thermostat per hours. maybe you canl provide us with a report with will show us the usage. We will input the dollar rate per hours.

Maybe it would be nice to show on the page if we can figure it out a gauge to show how much oil/Gas is left. May we entered the number of gals and you subtract for the balance. Just a thought!!!

2) I would like a option to speak your "Thermostat messages" when there is a setpoint change or any other Important messages.

3) Maybe more boxes or lines to make it easier to read, I have four Thermostat!

bigmack48

Comment

Hi Blade,
                            You are correct, I hope you can see it from the screen below. Until I do not press the "Run" the plug in will have it on hold and show the temperature set in the plugin and not the one set manually.

P.S. I deleted the print screen, it did not paste properly in this page.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by alphatech; January 3, 2011, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Are you sure this should be posted in the feature requests thread?
                              Plus the info you posted is very hard to make out.
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X