X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InControl For Windows Phone 7.5 Mango - Beta Testers Wanted

Description:

InControl For Windows Phone 7.5 includes HomeSeer 2.0 and Windows Phone 7 plugins that work together to provides a real-time, interactive interface between your Microsoft Windows Phone 7 and Homeseer. With InControl, you are provided with an easy to use, graphical interface in Windows Phone 7 to control and monitor any HomeSeer devices no matter where you are. See attachments for some sample screenshots.

To participate in the beta, simply PM me with the Windows Live email address associated with your Windows Phone I wil then be able to add you to the beta user list once the App has been certified by Microsoft.

New Windows Phone 7.5 Mango Features:
    • Completly Re-designed Metro Interface and images
    • Windows Phone App can control/access multiple HomeSeer Servers running Plug In
    • Devices can be added as Live Tiles to Home Screen that can be updated in background
    • Ability to for app to send Geo Location to HomeSeer (creates virtual devices in HS)
    • Will be released to all countries available in the Windows Phone marketplace
    • More to come also......

Existing Features:
    • Control and/or monitor any Thermostats in HomeSeer from Windows Phone 7
    • Control and/or monitor any device in HomeSeer from Windows Phone 7
    • Start any Event in HomeSeer from Windows Phone 7
    • Secure connection via HomeSeer user id and password
    • Custom graphic library included for Windows Phone 7

Requirements:
    • Windows Phone 7.5 or higher
    • InControl For WP7.5 App (available to beta testers only)
    • HomeSeer 2.0 or higher
    • InControl For HomeSeer Plugin (2.01 or higher through HomeSeer store and updater)

Current Version Information:
    • InControl Windows Phone 7.5 App - 2.0.0
    • InControl HomeSeer 2.0 Plugin - 2.0.1

Feeback:
    • Enhancment Requests - There are many other features I am planning to add to this plugin. However, please feel free to post any enhancment ideas and I will do my best to add the capability.
    • Defect Reports - Please post any bugs or issues to this thread or via PM message.

Special Notes:
    • Incontrol HomeSeer Plug In - This plug in is backward compatible with the current Windows Phone application. Therefore, you can install this new plug in on HomeSeer to both continue to use the current version while testing the new version. As usual, when downloading any new plug in, be sure to backup your HomeSeer directory before updating from the HomeSeer store.
    • The Windows Phone App has a background update process which (if selected) updates both the Live Tiles and/or sends your current Geo Location to HomeSeer. Windows Phone limits the frequency in which this background process to run and therefore will run somewhere between every 30-60 minutes based on numerous factors.
    • Beta Software Operations - This application is currently in Beta and although it has been throughourly testing, by downloading it you agree this application should not be used for production applications until it has been tested for your environment and that support provided may not be able to be provided in a timely manner.
    • Beta Software Features - During a beta process the features and functionality of the application can change and vary throughout the lifecycle. If a feature is deemed unwanted or can not be implemented in a stable manner it may be removed at anytime during the beta process.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lamanmi; November 30, 2011, 07:10 PM.

Mike, I can't seem to find the link to PM you... Am I missing something??

Comment

John,

I sent you a PM with the details. Thanks!

Originally posted by johnoc View Post
      Mike, I can't seem to find the link to PM you... Am I missing something??

Comment

Hello Lamani,

Thank you for letting me use the beta version of inControl on my Lumia 800.
        All seems to work fine.
        One thing that I noticed is that often the On,Off and Dim button doesn't seem to respond, and I have to press many times on it to get result. I am not sure why this is happening.
        Is this something that you are expriencing your self or is it related to my setup?

thanks again..

Martijn.

Comment

Thank you so much for the feedback. I have been getting a lot of great feedback from other beta testers as well.

I did get a report of the same issue with the buttons not responding initially. It seems if you try a few times the button will respond. Please continue to watch to see if you can see pattern on when it occurs, this will help us track down the issue.

Thanks!

Originally posted by martinisoft View Post
          Hello Lamani,

Thank you for letting me use the beta version of inControl on my Lumia 800.
          All seems to work fine.
          One thing that I noticed is that often the On,Off and Dim button doesn't seem to respond, and I have to press many times on it to get result. I am not sure why this is happening.
          Is this something that you are expriencing your self or is it related to my setup?

thanks again..

Martijn.

Comment

Mango & Beta

I just bought the Plugin, but can't figure out why it's not installed.
            I just started with homeseer, so you might have to bear with me for a bit on that. Any help would be great!

On a side note, I have the Samsung Focus with Mango 7.5 on it, so let me know if you need more help on the WP7 side.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by xtremesteve View Post
              I just bought the Plugin, but can't figure out why it's not installed.
              I just started with homeseer, so you might have to bear with me for a bit on that. Any help would be great!

On a side note, I have the Samsung Focus with Mango 7.5 on it, so let me know if you need more help on the WP7 side.

Thanks!
              Xtremesteve,

First you need to start by installing the InControl For WP7 BETA plug-in from the HomeSeer updater. The current version is 2.0.2. This version supports both the current App in the Marketplace and a beta version (per this thread) that has not yet been released to the public Market place.

Once you have the plug-in installed, go into any of your devices in HomeSeer (starting with a simple device like a light is probably a good idea) and you will see a new section of options titled "Device Properties for Plug-In InControl_WP7". In that section, check both "Show Device in Windows Phone 7" and "Allow control from client". Also, under "Device Control Mapping (Allow control option must be checked)", check all of the checkboxes under "Allow" and "Sets Device Status".

Then, you need to install the app on your Windows Phone. You can either download and install the current version which is in the MarketPlace (just search on "InControl") or follow the steps in the first message of this thread to send a request to participate in the beta of the new version (once you do that, you will get an email that shows you how to install the app).

Finally, you will need to configure the app for your HomeSeer server (its server URL, user id and password). If your phone is on the same Wifi network as your HomeSeer server, you can use your internal server name (i.e. what is in the URL when you enter the HomeSeer through a web browser). If you want your phone to access HomeSeer outside of your Wifi Network (i.e. cellular connection), you will need to make sure your firewall is configured to allow HomeSeer out to the Internet and will need to have the publiclly available URL or IP address.

Give those steps a try to start and just respond back if you encounter any more questions.

Thanks!

Comment

Beta Testers - Update

All,

Thanks for the tremendous response and interest in beta testing. We are about ready to release a new beta version with bug fixes and enhancements, watch for an email soon to your Windows Live email address for instructions on installing the new beta and further information. We are planning on this being the final beta with the next version being the Release Candidate to the public.

For those of you that have submitted recent requests to participate in the beta, we wanted to get this new version out before adding you to the beta program. Once the new version is out, watch for emails to your Windows Live email addresses with the installation instructions.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X