Logitech web service response does not contain a login authorization token

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walnut2000 View Post
    It's still not working for me, and has never worked, but I'd love to fix this so thank you for coming back with some suggestions and diagnostic steps.

This is what I get when I follow these steps:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3>bin\harmonyhub\HarmonyHubControl.exe xxx@xxx xxx 192.168.0.xxx
    LOGITECH WEB SERVICE LOGIN : BYPASSED
    HARMONY COMMUNICATION LOGIN : SUCCESS
    HARMONY COMMAND SUBMISSION : SUCCESS

That looks as you expected, so I then did a "Create HS Activity Device(s)" and got this in the log:

Nov-13 10:23:07 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Creating Device for hub: Lounge
    Nov-13 10:23:07 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub reference/status is : 1385--PowerOff--Active--1
    Nov-13 10:23:07 Harmony HubInfo New Activity Device created
    Nov-13 10:23:47 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: LOGITECH WEB SERVICE LOGIN : FAILURE ERROR : harmonyWebServiceLogin : Logitech web service response does not contain a login authorization token -
    Nov-13 10:23:47 Harmony Hub Error Exception in Hub_Polling_Timer_Elapsed : Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

I then searched for HarmonyHub.AuthorizationToken and find there is a 17byte file last modified on 28 Nov 2016 (?) in my Homeseer program folder.

The last modified date looks odd, since I just started using Homeseer in Apr 2017, but I guess I originally got the Harmony Hub in Nov 2016?

Does any of that that help to pinpoint the problem at all?
    Okay thanks,

Do you have the Activity device, despite the errors ?
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Duc998 View Post
      Hi Rien, Tried a few things tonight.

Tried the following

HarmonyHubControl.exe abc123@mail.com 123abc 192.168.1.141
      LOGITECH WEB SERVICE LOGIN : FAILURE
      ERROR : harmoneyWebServiceLogin : Logitech web service response does not contain a login authorization token

Now I can get it to work if I do this
      1. Un-install the plug
      2. Delete bin\HarmonyHub files and HarmonyHub.AuthorizationToken in HS3 root
      3. Re-install the plug
      4. Rescan devices. ALL WORKS!

However if I restart the PC is fails?

If I run the command as above when its working I still get the same failure/error.

Cheers
      Troy
      Very strange...

You have to help me find out what does change during a reboot, because I cannot think of anything
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
        Okay thanks,

Do you have the Activity device, despite the errors ?
        Yes. Please see attachment below to confirm this is what you'd expect.

I have just done a "Create HS Hub Device(s)" and ""Rescan Devices" but it is still showing no activities and no devices on the Hub Devices page.

This is when it becomes clear that I'm doing something stupid, isn't it? :-)
        Attached Files

Comment

Very strange...

You have to help me find out what does change during a reboot, because I cannot think of anything
          Hi Rien, I'm losing my hair from this

Agree its my system. If you have any more clues what to look for regarding the token error that would be great!

I even removed completely HS3, installed a fresh trial version of HS3 3.0.0.368 with the HarmonyHub plugin and after the reboot same thing....

Comment

I am having the same problem and getting the same error. Tried to run the command line but still get the same error. I tried to reinstall, reboot, disable firewall. Nothing helps. Any suggestions?

Comment

It is still not working for me and, unlike Duc998, I've never seen it working on my setup.

Duc998 and I seemed to get different results from the earlier diagnostic tests, so I am still not clear what conclusions we can draw from those diagnostics and I would also appreciate some suggestions, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Walnut2000 View Post
                It is still not working for me and, unlike Duc998, I've never seen it working on my setup.

Duc998 and I seemed to get different results from the earlier diagnostic tests, so I am still not clear what conclusions we can draw from those diagnostics and I would also appreciate some suggestions, please.
                guys,

I really would like to help, but your symptoms do point to your network setup. It's very hard to troubleshoot from remote.
                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                The Netherlands
                Using:
                Plugin's:
                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

guys,

I really would like to help, but your symptoms do point to your network setup. It's very hard to troubleshoot from remote.
                  Could you expand on "your network setup", please Rein.

I had no idea that was what the diagnostics had suggested to you, or that you'd decided it was somehow network related, so this is news .. and helps clarify where to look next.

I will check the firewall settings ony HS3 server, but does the plug-in also need any ports to be opened/forwarded on the router?

Many thanks
                  Tony

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Walnut2000; November 27, 2017, 08:54 AM.

Comment

So. I installed hs3 trial from scratch on a different machine. Installed the harmony pi and everything works.
                    Differences between the machines are

Machine working:
                    Windows 10
                    Direct connection to main router

Machine not working:
                    Windows 7
                    Connection to main router via another router in bridge mode

I tried to connect this machine directly to the main router but no difference, which points me to some setting in Windows. But I tried to disable firewall and Windows defender and it is still not working.

Oh and another weird thing is that when I run the command line harmonyhubcontrol.exe user pw ip on the machine where it is working, I am getting the same authorisation token error as on the non working machine.

IFTTT is working with the hub, so this is a workaround but can be delayed, so i would really want to use this pi instead.

Comment

Workaround on Windows 10

OK, I have made some progress although it's more of a "workaround" than a solution. My problem does seem to be related to the Windows Defender Firewall (under Windows 10 version 1709)

I had already added the Harmony plug-in to "Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall" but it was still not working.

However, when I *completely* disabled Windows Defender Firewall, then the plug-in suddenly worked fine.

I'd prefer to have the firewall running and just enable communication for whatever is actually getting blocked, but this is a workaround that others may want to test.

I don't understand enough about the way the plug-in works to figure out why it would behave like this, or what the firewall could be blocking, but I'd be interested in any suggestions or comments.

Comment

I now made progress as well, although still having a problem.

So, I figured out that when I run the harmony software on my machine and restart hs3, then it works. But, when I reboot the pc, the problem appears again.

I searched more intensively on when everything works and actually I only have to start up the harmony software and do not even have to login. Then start homeseer and it works.

Anyone who can figure out what's going on?

Right now I am thinking about making a start up script that starts the harmony software waits a bit and then starts homeseer and after that shuts down the harmony software again.

Comment

Ok I have been battling this issue as well and finally got it.

I disabled the plug in and deleted it.

I then delete the EXE and the authorization token from the HS3 folder.

I also deleted all Harmony Hubs config files.

Then reinstalled the plugin and reconfigured and everything is working.

I also made sure the harmony app was allowed in the Windows Defender Firewall.

Comment

Originally posted by superwerder View Post
                            I now made progress as well, although still having a problem.

So, I figured out that when I run the harmony software on my machine and restart hs3, then it works. But, when I reboot the pc, the problem appears again.

I searched more intensively on when everything works and actually I only have to start up the harmony software and do not even have to login. Then start homeseer and it works.

Anyone who can figure out what's going on?

Right now I am thinking about making a start up script that starts the harmony software waits a bit and then starts homeseer and after that shuts down the harmony software again.
                            Hello,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am having the same exact issue.

Comment

Tinker I switched to MeiHarmonyHub plugin I think dev has stopped on this plugin

Comment

Working...
                              X