Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Nicolai, I appreciate that very much. Now I need to order some KNX stuff, let's see.. -Anyone here have experience with the shop voltus.de? Seems to have a large selection and pretty low prices on KNX equipment.

Comment

Hi i don't have any knx bus/ device right now but i would like to integrate my satel integra alarm with hs3. And because the alarm has a knx module http://www.satel.pl/en/product/721/I...z-systemem-KNX this is for me an option to just have a small knx setup. Will this interface work with the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by renevk View Post
        Hi i don't have any knx bus/ device right now but i would like to integrate my satel integra alarm with hs3. And because the alarm has a knx module http://www.satel.pl/en/product/721/I...z-systemem-KNX this is for me an option to just have a small knx setup. Will this interface work with the plugin?
        Yes, that should work. After all it's KNX so it's standard. If you go for this and find that there are specific KNX type DPTs you need in the plug-in, which are not already there, I can probably add them fairly easy.

I've not read the documentation for your alarm system in great detail, but it seems to mainly focus on getting control of a KNX system from the alarm panel, although it does mention the possibility of sending alarm/zone information out on to the KNX but.

I guess you will need to make sure the alarm system will be able to support the integration to the level that you want?
        Nicolai L

Comment

Multi-instance progress?

Hi, Nicolai, just wanted to ask if there has been any progress on the multi-instance part. I haven't pulled the trigger on equipment purchase yet, as multi-instance (or not) will have impact on what kind of interface/routers i'll get. As no one else have asked for this, and I understand it is a lot of work, maybe it makes most sense to drop this one?

Comment

Originally posted by kbogstad View Post
            Hi, Nicolai, just wanted to ask if there has been any progress on the multi-instance part. I haven't pulled the trigger on equipment purchase yet, as multi-instance (or not) will have impact on what kind of interface/routers i'll get. As no one else have asked for this, and I understand it is a lot of work, maybe it makes most sense to drop this one?
            Hi

I haven't had a chance to progress this, in any case I don't have to gateways to test with. With my current workload it is probably quite unlikely I'll find time for this (quite a large change to the plug-in) for the next three months or so.

I have time for smaller changes, just not these rather big changes to the fundamental structure.

Regards
            Nicolai
            Nicolai L

Comment

Busch Jaeger Free@Home

Hi, I'm not entirely sure, if it's KNX related but I'm gonna try it anyway.

Busch-Jaeger offers their own KNX for end-user system free@home (or ABB-free@home outside Germany), and I was wondering, if it is possible, to integrate this into HomeSeer with your plugin.

It is based on KNX but has some proprietary things as well.
              There have been some attempts to include in into smart-home systems, and some users have found these dumps that might tell you more.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Raw XMPP Dump

I am very sorry, but I know very little about this so if it sounds stupid, it might just be, but I appreciate you having a look at it.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Lucrucurucracrursus View Post
                Hi, I'm not entirely sure, if it's KNX related but I'm gonna try it anyway.

Busch-Jaeger offers their own KNX for end-user system free@home (or ABB-free@home outside Germany), and I was wondering, if it is possible, to integrate this into HomeSeer with your plugin.

It is based on KNX but has some proprietary things as well.
                There have been some attempts to include in into smart-home systems, and some users have found these dumps that might tell you more.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Raw XMPP Dump

I am very sorry, but I know very little about this so if it sounds stupid, it might just be, but I appreciate you having a look at it.

Cheers
                If it is using the standard KNX protocol and support the standard DPTs then itr should work.
                Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
                X