No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.423

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Rich, it seems that the thread as been quite for a few days...(famous last words). I've been running with Win HS3 Pro v.398 now for 10 days with no crashes/hangs to report.

Is v.399 now available and if so what fixes were incorporated? When do you envision having a formal release? Mike
    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

There appears to be an issue on Linux that is causing an " out of memory" error in HS. It might be caused by the Z-Wave plugin, but not sure. So we are looking into that. Most of us will be at CES next week so doing a big release and then leaving is never a good idea! So the release will be after we get back from the show.

Build 399 is the same as 398, it only includes an updated SSL cert for users who want to use SSL with the web server.

Originally posted by MNB View Post
      @Rich, it seems that the thread as been quite for a few days...(famous last words). I've been running with Win HS3 Pro v.398 now for 10 days with no crashes/hangs to report.

Is v.399 now available and if so what fixes were incorporated? When do you envision having a formal release? Mike
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here using Z-Wave Plugin V3.0.1.173 with Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit on the ARM Pine64 and see no issues with V.398 at this time. I updated and rebooted after it was running for a week or so. Updates were not related to Homeseer.

I have the ZWave plus GPIO card in a POE RPi2 running Wheezy in the attic here such that it is an ethernet to serial connection.

Nodes in the Controller
        1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 33, 34, 36, 37
        Z-Wave IC ZW050x

[ATTACH]65581[/ATTACH]
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

.398 still running strong here:

Current Date/Time: 1/4/2018 8:16:35 AM
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.398
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
          System Uptime: 19 Days 18 Hours 35 Minutes 34 Seconds
          IP Address: 192.168.5.3
          Number of Devices: 914
          Number of Events: 581
          Available Threads: 399
          HSTouch Enabled: False
          Event Threads: 0
          Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
          Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
          Device Exec Queue: 0
          HSTouch Event Queue: 0
          Email Send Queue: 0
          Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
          0.0.0.21: drhsIpPlugIn
          3.0.0.42: EasyTrigger
          3.0.0.25: ImperiHome
          3.0.2.4: OMNI
          0.0.0.35: Pushover 3P
          3.0.5.6: SDJ-Health
          3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
          3.0.0.41: UPBSpud
          3.0.1.173: Z-Wave

-Travis

Comment

The problem I am looking into appears to be related to the Nest plugin. Not sure yet if Z-Wave is also involved, still investigating.

Comment

See you there. Might run into you...

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              Most of us will be at CES next week so doing a big release and then leaving is never a good idea! So the release will be after we get back from the show.
              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Same here 398 is running stable. I promised log files for the issues I encountered with the z-wavw plugin but up to now I was not able to reproduce.

So the bad news is not trace/log into but on the other hand, the good news is that it is stable 😁

Comment

I believe I got a week. Have had company at home for the last week, so just catching up a bit.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  @Matthew,

How many days of running time did you get with V.398?

Here have to leave the boxes alone as I have updated the OS and rebooted afterwards.

[ATTACH]65421[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
                    Same here 398 is running stable. I promised log files for the issues I encountered with the z-wavw plugin but up to now I was not able to reproduce.

So the bad news is not trace/log into but on the other hand, the good news is that it is stable 😁
                    I should have never said that.....just had a very scary experience.

I added an event and noticed that when I named it after hitting the + button, it still showed "untitled" after saving it. When I clicked the name, the edit box populated with the previously entered name and after saving everything seemed to be ok. I finished the event and everything worked as expected.

About 30 min later all of the touchscreens and automated lights stopped working. I checked the HS server and it looked like it crashed hard (HS was not running anymore). I started HS and when I checked my device it found that almost 300 devices where missing. There were no error messages in the log.

I am not sure if the addition of the event as described above is in anyway related but since it was the only update to the configuration since a couple of days and I experienced a very odd behavior, I believe it is worth mentioning.

I restored a previous version of the database and my devices are back now. It does however make me feel very uncomfortable that this can happen.

What I like to know is:
                    - Has anyone seen this before?
                    - What would be the best way to trouble shoot this?

Comment

398 still crashing here.

See post #695 for details.
                      I have crash dumps if anyone is interested, let me know.

PCK

Comment

I haven't seen the data loss issue, but I have seen the naming issue,
                        where the name doesn't update, but if you try to rename it,
                        it has the correct name there.

I added an event and noticed that when I named it after hitting the + button, it still showed "untitled" after saving it. When I clicked the name, the edit box populated with the previously entered name and after saving everything seemed to be ok. I finished the event and everything worked as expected.

About 30 min later all of the touchscreens and automated lights stopped working. I checked the HS server and it looked like it crashed hard (HS was not running anymore). I started HS and when I checked my device it found that almost 300 devices where missing. There were no error messages in the log.

I am not sure if the addition of the event as described above is in anyway related but since it was the only update to the configuration since a couple of days and I experienced a very odd behavior, I believe it is worth mentioning.

I restored a previous version of the database and my devices are back now. It does however make me feel very uncomfortable that this can happen.

What I like to know is:

Comment

I doubt the Linux logs will help, I would really need a MONO log and that has to be enabled when MONO is started.

Can you shut down HS from the Tools menu, then SSH to the box (or even better, go to your system console) then cd to \usr\local\HomeSeer and run the command:

./go

This runs HS with logging so you can see all the console logs. And if it crashes, or things start going bad, you will see all MONO messages there. Maybe it log a stack trace if it crashes.

I am still looking into a known crash with Z-Wave and the Nest plugin. I actually saw one crash with this, but HS started logging "out of memory" errors before it totally stopped responding. Not positive that its related to only those 2 plugins but so far it has only been reported by Nest users (and I run Nest also)

Originally posted by PCK View Post
                          398 still crashing here.

See post #695 for details.
                          I have crash dumps if anyone is interested, let me know.

PCK

Comment

This was on Windows? Would you happen to still have the corrupt DB?

What I like to know is:

Comment

It happened to me when I instllalled the mcsmqtt plugin.. I lost like 15 devices...and my lutron didn’t work.
                              I removed this plugin . And right after that all my lutron were working properly.
                              But I had to recreate the devices I lost.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                I doubt the Linux logs will help, I would really need a MONO log and that has to be enabled when MONO is started.

Can you shut down HS from the Tools menu, then SSH to the box (or even better, go to your system console) then cd to \usr\local\HomeSeer and run the command:

./go

This runs HS with logging so you can see all the console logs. And if it crashes, or things start going bad, you will see all MONO messages there. Maybe it log a stack trace if it crashes.

I am still looking into a known crash with Z-Wave and the Nest plugin. I actually saw one crash with this, but HS started logging "out of memory" errors before it totally stopped responding. Not positive that its related to only those 2 plugins but so far it has only been reported by Nest users (and I run Nest also)

I will set this up tonight and let you know......

Comment

Working...
                                X