call announcement stopping TV audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

call announcement stopping TV audio

I have a problem when my HSP announces a caller while the TV is on, it halts the TV audio and doesn't restart it. I have to close the TV and re-open to get it back.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jeff,
    what do you mean by "close the TV and re-open to get it back."? Do you mean you have to turn off your tv off and back on to get it to un-mute?
    Last edited by Rupp; February 3, 2005, 08:09 AM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am running ATI TV Wonder Pro Remote, and I have to close the application and open it again to regain the audio.

Comment

anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

This continues to be a problem for me (and WAF!). Here's the symptom...

We will be watching TV, a call will come in, HSP will announce the call, (I also use the picture pop-up), the TV will mute (not through the TV mute button though - it seems that HSP or the script captures the speakers). Whether the call is answered or left to take a message, the TV stays muted. Using the mute of the TV application does nothing.

It seems that HSP does something to the TV application, since restarting the TV brings it back.

The script that is running is the standard, unmodified "external_single.txt".

Comment

Jeff,
            You stated that you use the picture option? Which script are you using. A lot of these TV programs use a process to capture the screen for the TV overlay this picture popping up may be interfering with the TV overlay.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am using the script that JohnWPB posted, called "VisualCallerID.zip". It's great. It does use a utility called TimedPicture.exe.

I'll have to do some testing to see if it happens without this script running.

Comment

I sounds like HS is capturing the audio output and not releasing it - or the TV app is not recapturing it. However I don't know how to make them play nice together. Let us know how the testing without CID script.
                Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

I have disabled the CID picture script, so now only the script that runs when a call comes in is the standard supplied "external_single.txt".

Now when a call comes in, it is announced ("incoming call from XYZ"), and then the TV buzzes, and then I start to get feedback from room noise (usually calling the person who the call is for). The feedback comes from the microphone picking up the room noise and playback over the speakers that are built into the monitor. (it's not true feedback, but you hear the room discussion being replayed, and then picked up again, etc....). Shutting down the TV and restarting it, solves the issue.

So I would guess that the external_single.txt script is doing something during the annoucement.

An update....I had the speaker phone enabled when messages were being taken. I must admit that I have figured out what this does, but I am now thinking that this might be why the sound is coming back through the speakers. (although I wouldn't have thought this would happen when it isn't taking a message.....)
                  Last edited by JeffCharger; May 3, 2005, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X