Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where do I find the the iphone sample.xml and other deplyed projects?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do I find the the iphone sample.xml and other deplyed projects?

I have just installed the fantastic iphone app and it works great.

I have managed via the designer to create a new application and deploy it.
    But I would like to reuse the some of the code from the sample.xml page - where do I find it?

It is nowhere to be find on my Homeseer server or on the computer where my designer is installed.
    Best,
    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Did you search your PC for that file?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Did you search your PC for that file?
      yes.
      I search my Homeseer server for sample.xml and my client for sample.xml
      Best,

Comment

Check to see if it's in the C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Desktop\My HSTouch Projects path.

Comment

Check to see if it's in the C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Desktop\My HSTouch Projects path.
          nope not there...

The strange is that if I on the iphone config change the filename back to sample.xml the screens default with HS is shown - ie. I guess it is somewhere on the HS server?
          Best,

Comment

Yes, the HSServer is where you should be looking.

Comment

Yes, the HSServer is where you should be looking.
              It is not there: sample.xml not at all no where
              Best,

Comment

Let me ask Rich where this is located if I can get through to him. I do not have this loaded or I would check to see where it is.

Comment

Let me ask Rich where this is located if I can get through to him. I do not have this loaded or I would check to see where it is.
                  thank you.
                  Is there a chance someone could PM the file while I wait for the file location?
                  Best,

Comment

Found a link where Rich explained where this file is.

"If you install the latest Designer, its included, its called iphone.xml."

Comment

Same problem: no sample.xml

If I change the settings -> blue screen.

If I delete the file named "iphone.xml" in the C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Desktop\My HSTouch Projects path, it doesn't change anything.

Where is the sample.xml file and how can we customize it ?

Comment

Originally posted by nolive View Post

If I delete the file named "iphone.xml" in the C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Desktop\My HSTouch Projects path, it doesn't change anything.

The built-in sample.xml file is located within the HSTouch iPhone app itself. It supposedly is the same as the HSTouch Project iPhone.xml.

So, edit the iPhone.xml project, deploy to your phone, change your iPhone app settings (from the standard iPhone settings menu) to point to iPhone.xml instead of sample.xml.

That's what I did anyway.
                        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by nolive View Post

The sample file is named phone.xml so you just deleted it. Doing a reinstall on HSTouch will reload this project.

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
                            The built-in sample.xml file is located within the HSTouch iPhone app itself. It supposedly is the same as the HSTouch Project iPhone.xml.

So, edit the iPhone.xml project, deploy to your phone, change your iPhone app settings (from the standard iPhone settings menu) to point to iPhone.xml instead of sample.xml.

That's what I did anyway.
                            "deploy to your phone" : I forgot this step

Thanks a lot !

Comment

Working...
                            X