Change weather XML images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change weather XML images

Is it possible go change images for current condition? I tried to change them in the HTML subdirectory, but after a change of the weather, it downloads the old icons back.

Originally posted by ingalls View Post
    Is it possible go change images for current condition? I tried to change them in the HTML subdirectory, but after a change of the weather, it downloads the old icons back.
    In the current version, the file is getting overwritten each time as you noticed.
    I did change the script to check for the file first and not overwrite it. This change will be in the 3.3 release. I've been running 3.3 for a few days with no issues. Unless something comes up today I will send it to the updater tomorrow.

In version 3.3
    The images are saved in the html/weathericons/condition directory which is the same as the current version.
    The forecast ones use the name of the actual image but the code checks to see if the image exists. If it exists it will not overwrite the image.
    The condition image is saved twice. Once with the actual image name but checking for it to already exist so it will not overwrite it. And once with the name curcond.jpg. That one will get overwritten each time.
    Also in 3.3 there is an option to have the image saved to a device value so it can be used in HSTouch.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Great news there Jeff. I've not seen any issues. Running fine here. I'm currently using the images for the HSTouch stuff and a WUN composite image upload running every 10 minutes or so.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

great!
        thanks a lot

Comment

For HST I want to replace the existing images for more high resolution ones. Which images are used for what condition?

I see
          wsymbol_0001_sunny
          wsymbol_0002_sunny_intervals
          wsymbol_0003_white_cloud
          wsymbol_0008_clear_sky_night
          wsymbol_0009_light_rain_showers
          wsymbol_0010_heavy_rain_showers
          wsymbol_0017_cloudy_with_light_rain

Is this complete or are there more?

Thanks,

Herbus (Jos)

Comment

World Weather has a list at:
            http://www.worldweatheronline.com/fe...itionCodes.txt

I don't know if that is a complete list or not but it should be most of them.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

new weather icons

Jeff, can you describe how the images work, I have some PNGs I want to use in place of the current graphics set, where can I put them to make it work, and any info on sizes and formats would be great.

Comment

Images

I see how the images are downloaded now from in my case Weatherunderground.

I would love to have the Currentcond. image be mine, is there a way to have the copy made from the images IN the directory instead of downloaded?

Comment

All of the downloaded images are only downloaded if they don't exist.

There is two ways you can replace images.

1. Name your image the same as the image you want to replace.
                  Copy it over the old image. From then on your image will be displayed and it will not be overwritten.

2. In the WeatherXML Settings, click on Advanced, then Images.
                  You will need to create a directory and place your image in it. It has to be in the images directory. On the Advanced Images page enter the path to your directory. Click Save Dir. The page will reload with a list of all the images in the weatherXML directory and a dropdown with a list of the images in your directory. Select an image from the dropdown and click Save. weatherXML will use the selected image instead of the downloaded one.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Images

I must not have the latest version, I do not see an images tab.

I will try to download it from the updater.

This is great stuff Jeff, thanks for you work.

Comment

I'm trying to use the replacement folder. I placed my new icons there, but the advanced tab and in images I have no images listed to replace. I went into the ProgramFiles (x86) etc folder and looked in conditions but no files are there. How long does it take for images to pull down? It looks like I"m running version 3.0.0.88 of WeatherXML but I don't see a way to upgrade to 3.3...

Comment

Pretty sure 3.3 mentioned here was for HS2.

The current version for HS3 is 3.0.0.88. It still has the ability to select which icons to replace. It is in the updater in the weather section.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by jjohnston View Post
                          I'm trying to use the replacement folder. I placed my new icons there, but the advanced tab and in images I have no images listed to replace. I went into the ProgramFiles (x86) etc folder and looked in conditions but no files are there. How long does it take for images to pull down? It looks like I"m running version 3.0.0.88 of WeatherXML but I don't see a way to upgrade to 3.3...
                          The downloading of images should happen whenever the conditions or forecast schedule runs.
                          They are placed in the directory: HomeSeer HS3\html\images\weatherXML\condition

You will need to make sure the replacement folder is not the same folder.
                          I use HomeSeer\html\images\weatherXML\condition\replacement

Which provider are you using for current and forecast?
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I'm using NOAA... So I just need to wait a bit longer for the images to download? can I force the task?

Comment

The images will only be downloaded as they are used. NOAA will sometimes make a dual image that combines 2 conditions. When the name is in the xml file it will be downloaded.

I've never seen a list for NOAA that has all of the possible images, so I never wrote a way to download all of the images at once. They will populate over time.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X